Preppers Should Invest in Coffee

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if someone cant live without coffee then they wont survive post SHTF, all supplies are finite and will run out, then they are left with a craving/addiction they cannot fill, not the sort to be around if we want to survive.
Those that volunteer for the 12 to 4AM guard shift can have a cup. I stock some items such as coffee and twinkees to ease into the first year of shtf. There will be enough stress just from the situations and outside forces so some comfort supplies are a simple way to ease into the harsh life.
Coffee addictions can be beat, it will just take a couple of weeks of illness and mental anguish. I have a spare caravan parked out back they can live in while detoxing..

if someone cant live without coffee then they wont survive post SHTF, all supplies are finite and will run out, then they are left with a craving/addiction they cannot fill, not the sort to be around if we want to survive.
I try to keep enough that I can wean myself off of it asap if it hits the fan. I only drink 2 cups per day but have done so since I was about 13 years old and at random prior to that.

I could survive post SHTF.
You on the other hand would be little worn in the world.

Time for decaf or what I stock heavy on, Pero which is a nice sorta bitter finelyground mixture of roots and things. No caffiene but taken hot and black it fills a need in the morning.

Attachments

• 103_0263.JPG
    103_0263.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Not the best I’ve ever had but Dunkin’ Donuts is good enough that it is what I make most often. My niece gave out about half a pound bags of coffee to those that attended her wedding. She is a barista and that coffee was excellent, very smooth, and her own blend. Sorry, I don’t have a clue what the mix was.

ive learned instant coffee will last many many years. freeze dried longer. to me, i think it will be like the new money.
no such thing as too much instant coffee to set aside.
I thought the instant in the jars was freeze dried. I have a freeze dryer but it would take a while to do a tray full of liquid coffee and that would only be about a quart and a half.

I thought the instant in the jars was freeze dried. I have a freeze dryer but it would take a while to do a tray full of liquid coffee and that would only be about a quart and a half.

not all instant coffee is the freeze dried typw. its just a notch above the regular instant. some prefer it. i had instant maxwell house in the old style glass jar that i fuond way back on a shelf--several years old--at least 8--and it was still great. the plastic jars--i vac seal them.
id think that buying the freeze dried in long run would be cheaper than doing it yourself---im guessing per electric usage but honestly not sure. just a guess.

Not the best I’ve ever had but Dunkin’ Donuts is good enough that it is what I make most often. My niece gave out about half a pound bags of coffee to those that attended her wedding. She is a barista and that coffee was excellent, very smooth, and her own blend. Sorry, I don’t have a clue what the mix was.
When I used to travel to the USA I absolutely hated Dunkin Donits, as far as I'm concerned, I'll go without coffee if it's the only choice. Lol

Maxwell house dark roast works well with my water, I have tried all manner of other stuff, I just keep going back, and it comes on sale for a really decent price. If the supply dwindles, I can ween off, done it before, dark roast has less caffeine kick anyway. Roasted dandelion root has a very similar taste,

When I used to travel to the USA I absolutely hated Dunkin Donits, as far as I'm concerned, I'll go without coffee if it's the only choice. Lol
So, yeah, I agree. I don't get it. I won't drink their coffee, and their donuts can't beat the local grocery store's donuts.

But, many otherwise reasonable people love Dunkin Donuts. ;) There is a clear divide in this country. Alas, my wife is one of the ones who likes Dunkin' Donuts. She thinks their coffee is the best. Then again...she drinks Diet Coke almost every morning, so there you go. :)

So, yeah, I agree. I don't get it. I won't drink their coffee, and their donuts can't beat the local grocery store's donuts.

But, many otherwise reasonable people love Dunkin Donuts. ;) There is a clear divide in this country. Alas, my wife is one of the ones who likes Dunkin' Donuts. She thinks their coffee is the best. Then again...she drinks Diet Coke almost every morning, so there you go. :)
It always surprises me when I hear of someone drinking soda pop in the morning 🙀. It’s probably been 8-9 years since I had a swallow of root beer to see if I liked it- eh not so much.

Latest posts

Back