Quotes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was Thomas Edison who said "I haven't failed. I have just found a thousand ways that won't work."

Yes and then he bought a working light bulb from a guy across the Atlantic. He made a few mods and then patented the base and the bulb.

I don’t know who Darnella Ford is or was, she said: Nothing can drive one closer to his own insanity than a haunting memory refusing it’s own death. That’s not a happy quote but reminded me of another quote about letting go of your mistakes (and others’ mistakes). Don’t pick up something you have let go of and drag it around, gnawing on it once again, whether your own mistakes or others’ mistakes. If you’ve repented, move on. Accept forgiveness. Forgive yourself, forgive others. Don’t dig up old grievances. Realize that others are capable of change.

I never in my life thought I would ever agree with Jesse Jackson, but I do agree with this.

We must turn to each other and not on each other.

1646691334511.png

I have been told what I want to believe for so long I can no longer believe what I am told.
Pretty sure I didn't steal that quote.
First time I heard it, but it is too good, to not have been spoken by some other sage.

“Be yourself unless you suck.” – John Neely Kennedy

A student once asked Bruce Lee "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" Bruce Lee replied: "It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war".

Great movie, 'KELLY'S HEROES'---they don't make 'em like that anymore. Clint, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland, Don Rickles... all of 'em were hilarious in that flick. Nowadays, the political propaganda films all suck... :confused:

But look at everything Samwise Gamgee did, just the gardener, seeing the boss through and saving Middle Earth.

Samwise is The Princess's favorite. He replanted the Shire in the end. He was one of the three people to give up the ring (Bilbo, Tom Bombadil, Sam).

Ben

12 Rules for Life
Book by Jordan Peterson

Table of Contents:
  • Stand up straight with your shoulders back
  • Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
  • Make friends with people who want the best for you
  • Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
  • Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
  • Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
  • Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
  • Tell the truth
  • or, at least, don't lie
  • Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don't
  • Be precise in your speech
  • Do not bother children when they are skateboarding
  • Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.

The most often misquoted quote in the common USA:

Heaven hath no rage like love to hated turned;
Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.

by William Congreve, 1697

Latest posts

Back