Quotes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.”
Winston Churchill

And I have found this to be very true.

“Beware of the artillery men, they are an obstinate lot.”
Napoleon

download (1).jpeg

I counsel you, Loddfafnir,
if you’ll take my advice,
you’ll profit if you learn it,
it’ll do you good if you remember it:
You should never
exchange words
with someone who won’t see reason.

Havamal 122

Sometimes it's entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

Maj Holdredge

Prices are important not because money is considered paramount but because prices are a fast and effective conveyor of information through a vast society in which fragmented knowledge must be coordinated.

- Thomas Sowell

Ben

“Without being an independent individual, without having an independent mind, you become nothing more than a trivial slave or an obscure shadow!”
.................................................................................................................... * Mehmet Murat ildan *

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."

............................................................................................................................ ~~Pericles~~

Don't ask where I got it, you're better off not knowing.

I Mal'Koth Al'Sirat, Protector of the silver city and adjunct to the shadow thrones, Lord of the seven plains of ice have a message,both to the souls of fire and to the souls of mud:

I walk this world and I see you.unhappy little beings who squander your lives appreciating nothing, desiring all the eye sees,fighting your pitiful wars for no honor or righteousness, being miserable and doing your best to make the rest of your kind more miserable than yourselves..

STOP IT!

I am full of love and compassion for the children of shadow who came here and I am not without feeling toward the pitiful souls of mud.to that end,perhaps my words will ease your misery:

The Book of Ages.

In the tides of time, many things change, times change, kingdoms fall,races fade away, but some things are eternal, some things endure forever!

To have sex when there is need is good,
To have sex when the partner has need as well, even better!

To drink cool water in the heat of the day,
To drink soft wine in the cool of the night.

For these simple things are a pleasure!

To have a long burning fire in the cold,
To have a steady breeze in the heat.

To eat meat when one has hunger,
and to rest one's self when the need arises.

To wrap one's self in sheets in the cool of night,
To walk freely in the heat of the day, naked as the day you were born!

Now these things are a practical sort, attend well:

It is good to destroy ones enemies.
It is better you had no enemies to begin with!

It is good to have good health in the body and spirit, that one may do their daily tasks and have honor in the eyes of peers.

It is good to eat that which you crave, but not to excess,for excess is waste and gluttony.it brings shame!

Now these are things that grieve me:
A whimpering child.
A quarrelsome lover.
A weak mind.
A cowardly soul.
And an empty heart.

Likewise,these are things I cannot abide!:
A dull blade.
A stupid person.
A lazy mate.
And a broken tooth!

In the manner of Void, I hide my meanings in much speaking and teach with a wink and a nod,but this I say plainly:
Live life,relish pain as well as pleasure,lavish yourself as often as you push yourself to the limit,and relish the simple as you would an exotic delicacy!
Pleasure can be found in the smallest of things if it is sought,for the miseries of life must be pushed back in order that life may be lived TRIUMPHANT!

And if nothing else,if my words teach you nothing,at least be kind to one another and lessen the weight of misery on the realms in which you dwell.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

-Samuel Adams

A few more bits of wit from elsewhere:
When you can listen to what is going on inside you, you'll know what is going on around you.

It is said of men, "He with the most toys wins." We say he with the most junk sinks fastest when the ice sheets break.

Freedom is relative to what you love. If you can not pick up every thing you own which has true value to you and walk away, you are not free and you are hoarding junk.

A wise one builds a small fire and sits close and is hidden, a fool builds a large fire and stands back and is seen for miles.

It is best to be silent and be thought dumb in your consideration of a thing, than to open your mouth and let your ignorance of the matter crawl out.

Much nonsense a man utters who talks without tiring. :callyou:

Old Viking Proverb

Latest posts

Back