Random Thoughts Thread.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God bless the families of the heroes that have gone before us! Arlington... Sacred ground...

a spread ****.jpg

I may be the last person to learn this, but we've all heard the term "Going balls to the wall" and going "Balls out".
I always wondered why these terms were used to describe going with maximum power.
It turns out it dates back to steam engines and trains. These engines were equipped with 'ball-type' governors to control speed.
The engineer would set the throttle, and the governor would increase or decrease the the amount of steam going to the engine to keep the speed constant.
As the speed slowed the balls retracted and increased the amount of steam going to the engine.
Uphill or downhill the ball-type governor would maintain constant speed:
104116-004-E099ECCF.gif

If the requested speed was above the range the governor could handle, the spinning balls would be spun out as far as they would go and the valve would still be wide open.
Turns out that the phrase has nothing to do with male anatomy after all:rolleyes:.

You know, I hate rats.
I hate getting rid of them even more. You have to dispose of the body.:mad:

What America needs, is a 'self-cleaning' rat trap, with auto-reset:D:

"We like the fact that he is self-funded and owes no favors"
This is probably the one thing that has liberals continuously in panic mode:
panic.gif
overreaction110.gif

EVERYBODY has a price.
EVERYBODY will sell-out for some issue.
It's always been that way!
gaah105.gif

He cannot be "bought".:bang Head:
This is a concept that they simply can't bear:eatagun:.
He cares only about the country, not money or fame; an idea that they simply cannot grasp.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gun control in a "nutshell".
Well, let's check in with the shining example of gun-control, the city with the strictest gun-control in the country, the Iatolla of rock and rolla, Chicago!
The month is still young, let's see how June is going for them:
ChicagoShootings.JPG

YEAH!!!
Only 129 people shot so far this month!:green man:
That's the 'gun-free' utopia I want to live in!
flower70.gif
clapslow.gif

It is really good, thanks for the pic Mark. I'm a big fan of Tostones.

I would like to have some Arroz con Dulce, oh con coco.

Latest posts

Back