Shortages / Price Increases You Expect To See

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say good-bye to Chinese imports. So pharmaceuticals are gone.
I've been taking advantage of the amazing sales Amazon has been having on supplements and OTC meds since early January.
I figure the sales will stop with no notice when supplies start drying up. I'm slowly getting stocked up on everything I need.
My latest acquisition is in the pic. If I couldn't get deals like that, I'd be in bad shape.

Attachments

• cran.jpg
    cran.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 24
I've been taking advantage of the amazing sales Amazon has been having on supplements and OTC meds since early January.
I figure the sales will stop with no notice when supplies start drying up. I'm slowly getting stocked up on everything I need.
My latest acquisition is in the pic. If I couldn't get deals like that, I'd be in bad shape.

That is very wise.

[QUOTE="Katie Müller, Somehow I doubt there will be mid-term elections. . . .[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, they'll have their election. Everywhere I turn I see politicians and pundits saying the Democrats are expecting a Red tsunami in the midterm elections and have no hope of winning anything. The more they pretend to be hopeless and resigned to losing the House and Senate - - the more I distrust them. It isn't the nature of the Beast to ever show weakness and this is a ruse to lull us into complacency. They have plans to do a repeat of the last election. We'll see if they get a way with it.

They are disrupting our supply lines and cutting the truckdrivers off at the knees. They want those grocery store shelves and our gas tanks empty. We are under siege and they plan to starve us out.

I ran and got 100+ gallons of fuel yesterday and the price had already gone up 20 cent since the day before. Well I had to go in to town again this morning and gas has gone up another 30 cents since I bought gas yesterday. If I could have gotten it Tuesday it would have been $3.29 I paid $3.49 today $3.79 tomorrow who knows. Looking at the lines of people stocking up yesterday and today there may not be any available tomorrow!

@ladycat - That's an excellent deal.

I noticed that Vitamin C by Nature Made was no longer available. I wish I had more money. UGH! But I'm a deal-finder too, both my sister and my mom have mentioned that. It's like deals just call out to me. Sometimes I'm amazed what God has blessed us with on a budget.

And speaking of deals; we scored clearanced items today at the tractor store and those things were our to-get list. So we saved a little money!

The store is running out of compleats and TV dinner style meals. a lot of the cheeses and canned fruits are gone as well.

Stock up on everything, my friends.

I have two cases of Vodka, two cases of Tequila, two frozen Pizzas, half a box of Fruitloops, a full box of Coco Krispies. I got it covered, I am good for the Loooong SHTF.

I noticed that Vitamin C by Nature Made was no longer available. I wish I had more money. UGH! But I'm a deal-finder too, both my sister and my mom have mentioned that. It's like deals just call out to me. Sometimes I'm amazed what God has blessed us with on a budget.

And speaking of deals; we scored clearanced items today at the tractor store and those things were our to-get list. So we saved a little money!

I used to "extreme coupon" in the stores, but that's no longer an option, so now I do it at Amazon, but primarily for shelf stable foods, household essentials, OTC meds/supplements and pet food. My brother and I go in together on a lot of it, plus, some is for donating. (I have to get perishable foods from Walmart and Sams)

As for Amazon:

My December savings:
$191.51 - Amazon total
$396.94 - Would have cost at Walmart
$205.43 - Savings

January:
$198.61 - Amazon total
$353.82 - Would have cost at Walmart
$155.21 - Savings

February (on the way, they've started shipping it)
$194.09 - Amazon total
$428.91 - Would have cost at Walmart
$234.82 - Savings

My FAVORITE February deal:
6 cases of canned chicken: 10 oz cans of white chunk chicken, 12 cans per case, $7.60 per case!

We have chickens for the eggs, the wife has been busy getting the vegetable garden beds ready.
Don't have to worry about the soon to be here fertilizer shortage - her mare turns out top quality product.:)
Next door neighbor has 4 goats, perhaps we can swap fresh eggs for goat cheese.

I am SOOO glad we left the megatropolis of South Florida almost 30 years ago and moved to the boondocks.

We have chickens for the eggs, the wife has been busy getting the vegetable garden beds ready.
Don't have to worry about the soon to be here fertilizer shortage - her mare turns out top quality product.:)
Next door neighbor has 4 goats, perhaps we can swap fresh eggs for goat cheese.

I am SOOO glad we left the megatropolis of South Florida almost 30 years ago and moved to the boondocks.

Check with your hay supplier. Make sure grazon isn't used or that manure will kill your garden.

Grazon is a brand name. It has other names as well. Sprout some bean seeds in any composted manure to test for it. If the plants are shriveled or sickly looking, do not use the compost hay/manure for any vegetables. it can take more than 3-5 years for the effects to go away.

Never rely on the hay supplier to get it right, when it comes to your garden.

I noticed that Vitamin C by Nature Made was no longer available.
I noticed this morning the deal is still good. You have to click through the special link that Amazon gave me, which I can't post here because it's against Amazon rules (they can and will trace back where the link was clicked from, so I can't take chances).
Just click the link in my sig to go to my deals page, then scroll down to yesterday's grocery category.

Gas is up more again today. While we were in town (yet again) today it went to $3.99 here and $4.06 in the next town south. Prices are INSANE. But the good news of the day is I had an AWESOME bacon double cheese burger that had 12 slices of bacon. I have never seen the like!

Congrats on the burger. Somebco workers went to Chili's to pick up lunch the other day and I had them get be a bacon burger. Biggest burger I've ever had. Plus at least 6 slices of bacon. JUICY. But I bout crapped my pants when I saw it was $17. It was good, but not that good
$17 for a burger HOLY SMOKE The burger I had today was $6 I was seriously under charged as that's the price without bacon lettuce etc.

@ladycat You made me just a smidge jealous over the price of the case of chicken. LOL That's a really awesome deal; I'm really happy you scored that. Protein is so going to be so important. I tried going to your Amazon Deals Page but it won't take me there :(

@ladycat You made me just a smidge jealous over the price of the case of chicken. LOL That's a really awesome deal; I'm really happy you scored that. Protein is so going to be so important. I tried going to your Amazon Deals Page but it won't take me there :(

It says I'm blocked from it.

Search Facebook for Deal Busters for the deals page, and Deal Busters Tutorials and Discussions for the associated group.
The group is where all the tutorials are.

I found your page linked in another thread and went through there. I used to do 'extreme couponing' but it's really impractical now and there's nothing good. $1 of Bagel Bites -- I don't eat Bagel Bites! Lol.

I'm thinking as the globalist push their Green New Deal and energy starts getting more expensive, solar panels are going to be in hard supply. Anyone who wants to get solar panels or extend what they have should be getting those extra panels now. And or the hardware that goes with them: inverters etc.

I found your page linked in another thread and went through there. I used to do 'extreme couponing' but it's really impractical now and there's nothing good. $1 of Bagel Bites -- I don't eat Bagel Bites! Lol.
Nothing good??? Maybe later I will take some photos of my stockpile, overflowing with canned goods, pantry staples and more, ALL that I got from Amazon.
In the meantime, I'm posting a copy of the picture which will accompany an ad I'll be posting later today in a local group.

Attachments

• ad background 3-6-22.jpg
    ad background 3-6-22.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 14
Nothing good??? Maybe later I will take some photos of my stockpile, overflowing with canned goods, pantry staples and more, ALL that I got from Amazon.
In the meantime, I'm posting a copy of the picture which will accompany an ad I'll be posting later today in a local group.

No, I don't mean Amazon deals. I mean clipped coupons from the Sunday paper. There's nothing worthwhile in those papers that we buy or couldn't get cheaper somewhere else.

No, I don't mean Amazon deals. I mean clipped coupons from the Sunday paper. There's nothing worthwhile in those papers that we buy or couldn't get cheaper somewhere else.
I'm sorry, I over reacted. I'm so used to people getting nasty with me when I say I get my groceries cheap at Amazon. They don't believe me, or they hate Bezos and won't shop Amazon, or whatever other reason.
That local group I mentioned, it's a big group, 20 something thousand people. Every Monday, members can post ads. Why is my ad the ONLY one that gets hateful comments? It makes me sensitive about the subject.

I'm sorry, I over reacted. I'm so used to people getting nasty with me when I say I get my groceries cheap at Amazon. They don't believe me, or they hate Bezos and won't shop Amazon, or whatever other reason.
That local group I mentioned, it's a big group, 20 something thousand people. Every Monday, members can post ads. Why is my ad the ONLY one that gets hateful comments? It makes me sensitive about the subject.

Awe! I'm sorry! I'm not always a very articulate person, so sometimes I say things or write things and it's taken a different way because I have a hard time expressing my whole train of thought. I've tried to do better but then sometimes that makes me talk or write more and then people don't want to read or listen. It's something I've always struggled with since I was a kid.

I totally understand feeling sensitive about it. I didn't perceive an over-reaction in your post though, more like an exclamation of nothing good?! And then I realized oops, I didn't clarify myself again. No hard feelings between us ^.^

I'm sorry people lash out so negatively. Once you redeem a coupon from Amazon it goes away, though, right? So maybe if someone bought a product in the past they're excluded and so not getting deals? I miss extreme couponing and would love to be able to do it through Amazon. I was checking out some of the deals you screenshoted, but wasn't sure how to redeem the Cat Treats one. Our cats are addicted to Temptations. Getting a canisters for under $2 would be awesome.

I don't have Facebook, otherwise I'd join your group; and I have no interest in making a FB account :-/ Trying to get away from all those social media sites.

Latest posts

Back