Shortages / Price Increases You Expect To See

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy! I believe it. My brother works for a plant nursery as the growing supervisor. He oversees all the farm production and he was having panic attacks about not getting dirt, plants etc in time. The stuff for the greenhouse did eventually arrive, but if we're having problems in America, how much more in Ukraine?

This is bad. Esepcially for Egypt and Turkey who are wholly dependent on it.

Seed of any kind is going to be expensive this year, poor growing season and heavy cull at cleaning. expect anything made from grain to be expensive, but humans shouldn't eat grain, but that is a different story.

All we have for proof of either of the above theory s is history, which is written by the victor, we are seeing how todays history will be recorded, and or the propaganda machine hard at work plastering narrative. Not sure that I believe much of anything that I see or hear anymore. but I shouldn't have made the blanket statement that humans shouldn't eat grain as a whole, more like a lot of humans shouldn't eat grain.
Hunter gatherer would be hard to control, settled people not so much.
Thread officially derailed, took way longer than usual.

I just ordered 50# of flour (Dark RYE) from Amazon, delivered to the bottom of my mountain, Alaska. I think it was about $69.00 for 50#
Also ordered 15# of Bisquick and 15# of Krusteaz Biscuit Mix

All we have for proof of either of the above theory s is history, which is written by the victor, we are seeing how todays history will be recorded, and or the propaganda machine hard at work plastering narrative. Not sure that I believe much of anything that I see or hear anymore. but I shouldn't have made the blanket statement that humans shouldn't eat grain as a whole, more like a lot of humans shouldn't eat grain.
Hunter gatherer would be hard to control, settled people not so much.
Thread officially derailed, took way longer than usual.
I concur.

It comes down to a question of absolute independence and cooperative.

For my part I am planning to augment others in exchange for what they think fair. I find it laborious to be an expert in everything.

Do my thing and work with others...

Ben

Soon people are not going to be able to afford gas to drive to work.
Part of the plan to manufacture catastrophic horrific economic depression=WORLD-WIDE.

Humans will once more migrate to sources of abundant FOOD.

I forgot about products that are fried in oil getting hit with shortages. Not that having Lays Chips on hand is a necessity, or anything, but then I started thinking about all the other stuff that uses oil. The protein bars I eat have vegetable oil in them. Peanut butter has soybean oil in it. I looked at D'Italiano Bread and that's got soybean oil in.

The soybean market in South America flopped and now Ukraine's exports are halted. . . .I need to get more vegetable oil.

We don't use it - unhealthy (occasional olive oil which is a stone fruit.)
Yes seed oil is one more tool in the arsenal of the deepstate to kill us off. If a dietician say to eat it for health, it is designed to kill you.

@Weedygarden Danxi Xiaoge and Li Ziqi are probably two of the best homesteading vloggers out there. :) I think Danxi Xiaoge has more variety though and Li Ziqi hasn't uploaded in over a year. Li ziqi is more artistic and picturesque but I find her work can be very motivating, even if it is somewhat of fantasy-homesteading life.

This is Li ziqi's channel

--

Anyway,

We don't use lard personally. I don't mind seed oils, but we favor butter for cooking. Which, as other oils fly off the shelf, butter is going to be in short supply.

You guys and girls probably already know and have done this but for anyone who maybe hasn't done it or knows about: For long term butter storage one could can their own butter. I followed the tutorial down below. Worked out really well. There are other tutorials you can watch, but that was the one I saw, so I'm partial to it. Lol.

I only advise canning in 4-8 oz jars because once it's been purified (is that the word I want?), it goes rancid faster. Without refrigeration you're looking at rancidity in 3-5 days, particularly in warm environments. It'll last a little longer if kept cool, but not by much. Maybe 7 days? So only using what you need at a time is best.

Latest posts

Back