Tell us something about you we don't know

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend who has color blindness in one part of the spectrum , For this man he can see deer in the woods way before I can even when he is trying to point them out to me , I have perfect vision but after some thought on the subject I suspect that all the colors don't get in his way. This is a little off post but I thought I would throw this tidbit out there.

BUT IK did ya get the gopher????

Sounds the gopher got him! Haha!
emoticon-1610518__480.png

As a Jr in HS, I was ranked 8th in the State of IL, by the USCF, while working as an Orderly, on a Hyper/Aggressive ward of the State Mental Institution. You probably figured that out already though.
I set the speed record for the double "S Turn" RR Crossing Bridge on US 52 at 16 yr old in 1975. 117 MPH. The record stands and the bridge is gone.
PS they still talk about it in my Home Town, but they still watch Beverly Hillbillys Reruns while smoking Weed too.

Last edited:
I went to the Olympic trials when I was 15 as part of an IM relay team doing the backstroke. I can also cross a 25yd pool 3/4 of the way under water on my back doing a dolphin kick.

I have color vision deficiency ... Or some would say I'm color blind.
It's no big deal on my part but now you know.
When I was a child, using crayons to color, when it was daylight, if there were no lights on, I had a hard time distinguishing brown from purple. If the crayons were more used, and especially had the paper with the name taken off, I had to color on a piece of paper to tell the difference. I have never had that evaluated.

I can see in the near infra-red. It is opposite normal vision in that the warmer an object is the darker it appears - up to the point where it emits visible light.
Also the image is never crisply focused, it looks a lot like a shadow on a partly overcast day.

I was born in a Catholic hospital in a small community that is partially within a native American reservation. Because my Mother has fair skin, light hair and blue eyes and I was born with brown skin, black hair and brown eyes the Nuns all presumed my Mother (who they knew was married to an LEO) was messing around and thus treated her quite curtly. When my Dad finally made it to the hospital in full state police uniform, with his dark complexion and black hair, they were suddenly far more caring and considerate.

I was born in a Catholic hospital in a small community that is partially within a native American reservation. Because my Mother has fair skin, light hair and blue eyes and I was born with brown skin, black hair and brown eyes the Nuns all presumed my Mother (who they knew was married to an LEO) was messing around and thus treated her quite curtly. When my Dad finally made it to the hospital in full state police uniform, with his dark complexion and black hair, they were suddenly far more caring and considerate.

The nurses at the hospital where I gave birth to Roo thought I was a surrogate when she was born. Here I am this middle eastern dark eyed, dark haired woman giving birth to this pale skinned pale haired little baby. Seeing K and my mom helped them believe she is mine.

After we brought her home anytime I took her out with me (until I was pregnant with Juju) I was always asked if I was happy being her nanny. I still get the stepmom crap when we go out with K. Not fun when you have to explain that you are the BIRTH mother.

The nurses at the hospital where I gave birth to Roo thought I was a surrogate when she was born. Here I am this middle eastern dark eyed, dark haired woman giving birth to this pale skinned pale haired little baby. Seeing K and my mom helped them believe she is mine.

After we brought her home anytime I took her out with me (until I was pregnant with Juju) I was always asked if I was happy being her nanny. I still get the stepmom crap when we go out with K. Not fun when you have to explain that you are the BIRTH mother.

Been there. I used to push a little blonde haired blue eyed girl in a grocery cart only to have ladies stop me and tell me how cute she was and ask "Is she yours?" with more than a little suspicion or curiosity in their eyes. My response was always the same "Yes, but we don't know who the mother is." Always left 'em scratching their heads. None of my kids have my skin tone or hair color, but both of my sons ended up with light skin, light hair and dark brown eyes. The good news is that none of them ever seem to get sunburns either, they just get very dark very quick. My poor Scandinavian wife however cannot even look at a picture of the sun on a computer without turning red.

...I am this middle eastern dark eyed, dark haired woman giving birth to this pale skinned pale haired little baby....I was always asked if I was happy being her nanny. I still get the stepmom crap ...

Could have some fun! Look them straight in the eye with a smile and tell them, "No. I'm not her nanny/stepmom. I'm her younger sister."

Ha!
You ain't tripping me up copper!

Careful.

That's okay, we are already watching your house via satellite. ;D

Yep?

I went to the Olympic trials when I was 15 as part of an IM relay team doing the backstroke. I can also cross a 25yd pool 3/4 of the way under water on my back doing a dolphin kick.

Well I grew up on a 10 acre lake that was 45 feet deep and I bet if you were not young enough to be my grandkid I would have given you a swimm for your money. I could hold my breath forever while the fish bounced off my face kissing me. I'd stick my fingers in the mud for stability and just observe.
Grimm we have something in common,we both love water,:green man:

"I would never jump out of a perfectly good plane "Lewis Grizzard. , glad you are still here with us BOB.
The only valid reasons to be in a plane is either to provide air support or to jump out of from great heights

I love being in the air, with a plane (in good condition) around me, high and fast to low and slow. I am not into aerobatics or sky diving I just like flying.
The only time to jump out of a perfectly good plane is after it has landed and there is a restaurant nearby. :)

I love being in the air, with a plane (in good condition) around me, high and fast to low and slow. I am not into aerobatics or sky diving I just like flying.
The only time to jump out of a perfectly good plane is after it has landed and there is a restaurant nearby. :)
not me, I do fly (as a passenger) but I don’t like it. All things being equal I would much rather drive. Of course some places you cant get to from here by road and sometimes you need the convenience or time savings of flying so I make do.i don’t jump out of planes anymore but I still get an adrenaline rush watching. Seeing a stick of airborne troops exiting the back of a herc is almost ... almost ... as good as being there yourself

Latest posts

Back