The last house I will build! (Project)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did it (again) because we couldn't pass up the location and price. 2bed, 1 bath house on 10 fenced wooded acres with garage, well, ceptic for almost the exact amount we had already saved for a new car. Paid in cash.
When you can pay cash for all that, that's a deal and you can afford to do some renovations.
Good call

I f we were retired I might just do that but for the next few years the commute and not being able to get the repair work done and work elsewhere at the same time changes my options. Oh my goodness there is some beautiful property further out.

Finally, yes. Next Monday I should finish the front wood siding. I would have had it done but I wanted to try something different in the porch area.it took me 2 days just to do that much. I should have had the whole front done in 2 days lol. The back of the house will be done just like the gable ends, Dutch Lap.

Finally, yes. Next Monday I should finish the front wood siding. I would have had it done but I wanted to try something different in the porch area.it took me 2 days just to do that much. I should have had the whole front done in 2 days lol. The back of the house will be done just like the gable ends, Dutch Lap.

It's going to look nice! Will you be sheet rocking the inside?

Did ya Honk , when you went by the Eddyville and Kuttawa exit 40 on I 24....?
I wooda bought ya a cup a coffee...:thumbs:

Jim
I could use one right now. I totalled our my car couple of weeks ago. They helo'd me to Dixon Tn. My wife wouldn't come and get me so i started walking, I'm still walking.

I could use one right now. I totalled our my car couple of weeks ago. They helo'd me to Dixon Tn. My wife wouldn't come and get me so i started walking, I'm still walking.

I am sorry Gumpy. It sound like things are going downhill for you. I certainly hope things start improving and life gets a little kinder.

I'm not to busy Gump,

I'm about 1 1/2 hrs from Dickson, TN,

I can come pick ya up and drive ya wherever ya want to go.
Coffee too.

Jim

He was saying he was nearly to St Louis. I hope somebody was able to catch up with him.

Thanks all for the best wishes and offers of help. No clue what I'm going to do right now. Uncertainty kills me. I made it to St Louis and waiting on a callback from the VA. No telling how long that will take.
Starting over at 65 is hard but no where near impossible. I covet y'alls prayers.

I'm not one to complain very much.

Gumpy, you are old enough and wise enough to know the difference between complaining and letting folks offer help. You know the saying, "Pride goeth before the fall". You have online friends, share and maybe the Lord has put them there to provide aid and comfort in your time of need.

Dang Gumpy, sorry to hear that you're basically up sh!t creek without a paddle, prayers to you friend. Yeah getting older is not for wimps, I can attest to that, I'm still dealing with the side effects of conjestive heart failure, anyway, all the best to you.

For the first time in my life I am asking a friend to come help me,
gonna tear down and build a new deck behind my house.

It's hard , but I guess, like my wife say's, "You been helping everybody ,all your life, now it's your turn"...

Maybe together, Gump...we can get something done.

Holler at me. I'm retard now.;)

Jim

For the first time in my life I am asking a friend to come help me,
gonna tear down and build a new deck behind my house.

It's hard , but I guess, like my wife say's, "You been helping everybody ,all your life, now it's your turn"...

Maybe together, Gump...we can get something done.

Holler at me. I'm retard now.;)

Jim

I agree. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back