The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No offence to anyone here, but disco SUCKED so bad. IMO it ruined music. Same with punk and grunge. At least on the rock side. I guess it's just normal progression. But when you hear a band like Kiss come out with a disco song, just makes you shake your head.

It had its time and was fun for awhile for me. I did like the Bee Gees too.
BacP I like all kinds of music except only a couple rap songs.

We could dedicate a song for our family coming back from Iraq. This was always my song to my son. he said he knew coming off the ship it was from me first couple notes. I was surprised it was chosen.

Love John Denver was POP with a Blue Grass flavor.
He sung about the country, but he was POP singer.
He was a great humantaritan, who got store to donate food nearly out of date to the homeless shelter.
He was the first to do it, had to sign a no sue contract to get most of the food.

I had this song on an album with both of these men singing together . Hubby threw it out, he didn't like them. So I threw out his ZZ Tops, no more got thrown away after that.

Sometimes I like the Three Tenors,not often but now and then.

John was having problems cuz his jeans were too new and dark blue as a cowboy.

Neil Young and Harvest Moon

Last edited:
I know what this one is about, beautiful song I even bought when I was 18 on 33 vynal,didn't know what it meant then but liked his music and voice.

The Immigrant Song, written after a tour that started in Iceland; to include Viking invasions on Great Britain, Norse mythology.
I have always liked this song. Found it funny that Led Zeppelin is referred to as heavy metal. Really?

Zeppelin was heavy into the whole Nordic thing. They wrote about it a lot in a number of their songs.

Last edited:
anything at all. Music.
No, I think I'll get by in life without watching pulp fiction. Not my cup o' tea.

OK. My dad was stationed at Ft. Hood when Elvis was there. Elvis added air conditioning to every building that he worked in while he was there.

He was looking forward to Cassius Clay coming there too. ( They wanted to saddle him and ride him around the post.) Anyone here who doesn't know who Cassius Clay was?

Zepplin also had a lot of Lord of the Rings influence in some songs. For their time they were fairly heavy. Strong bass and drum riffs. I've even heard it put as lead bass. Compared to today's metal they were very tame.

@Bacpacker you made me laugh. KISS? lol
@Meerkat you're something else.
@Amish Heart you haven't made any requests lately.
@JAC do you have anything to say for yourself? lol

Not your normal disco band eh?
One reason I hated disco was the major fact that I cant and never could dance a lick. LOL

BTW Meer, Simple Man is probably my favorite Skynard song. Deep meaning for sure.

Latest posts

Back