The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
disco schmisco.
you need dancing lessons. haha
simple man...not my favorite skynard song...how can anyone have a favorite of theirs? all good.
do you remember, maybe you didn't do this...you'd be in high school or out of school and single and just running around with your friends in somebody's car, listening to loud music on back roads. My sibs used to talk about field parties but I guess I wasn't as wild as they were for a high schooler/young adult.

disco schmisco.
you need dancing lessons. haha
simple man...not my favorite skynard song...how can anyone have a favorite of theirs? all good.
do you remember, maybe you didn't do this...you'd be in high school or out of school and single and just running around with your friends in somebody's car, listening to loud music on back roads. My sibs used to talk about field parties but I guess I wasn't as wild as they were for a high schooler/young adult.

I won't waste my money. Serious lack of Rythum is a huge problem.
I agree they are all good. I just feel like that song kinda fits me pretty well.
I did it then, still do today. I love road trips and loud music always have. A lot of times even the same music as back then. Still do the field party too. Now days a bonfire with a couple friends or some family. Much calmer than the old days. LOL

Since we've lived here we have always just had fire down in the field. This past fall we got a little fire pit and can have a small one up closer to the house for just the wife and I anytime we want. No prep work needed.

OK. My dad was stationed at Ft. Hood when Elvis was there. Elvis added air conditioning to every building that he worked in while he was there.

He was looking forward to Cassius Clay coming there too. ( They wanted to saddle him and ride him around the post.) Anyone here who doesn't know who Cassius Clay was?

The race horse or boxer?

I thought he meant the boxer and had a hard time imagining Cassius Clay being saddled up and ridden around at Ft. Hood. No, wait, I imagined it alright.
:LOL:

I've never seen that movie. I'm going to have to look it up.
Michael was a good movie. It is about an Arch-Angel. Not your usual thought of Angel. Arch-Angels do battle.

goodoverevil.jpeg

New kids, right? 30 years ago. I get distracted by videos so I generally prefer to post no video, but if you want a video for this song, it is out there. Too distracting to me. Champagne Supernova by Oasis.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back