The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a Kingston Trio song, "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" up there ahead of the Floyd. "Comfortably Numb" reminded me of Biden, thats why I posted it. I'm not trying to glorify taking drugs, LSD, etc.
I think the lyrics are a reminder of what drugs do that isn't good. Your lips move but I can't hear what you say. You are only coming through in waves.

Patch I know your not at all glorifing it ,it was just ironic it came up behind me,I put up some real wild ones now and then too.Espcially Dr Hook although most of his is making fun of the times and loose women ' Pennicillian Penny'.lol.

I never was a big Who fan. They had some good songs, just not my favorite band. I enjoyed Zepplin, Deep Purple, Bad Company much better.

Question: Beatles or Stones?

Stones. but I like the Beatles too George Harrison sings one of my favorite songs. Personality I like the Beatles best but songs Stones.Now I don't know,thanks BacP for confusing me,I like Arsmith too but don't car fro Tyler that much.

sorry to hear that. I saw them at a type of outdoor location and it was fairly small place for a concert and everyone was well behaved. That was back when people still stayed in their seats instead of standing the whole concert. ha.

sorry to hear that. I saw them at a type of outdoor location and it was fairly small place for a concert and everyone was well behaved. That was back when people still stayed in their seats instead of standing the whole concert. ha.

Yes it was seated there too and security so didn't think it would be bad just going in was bad,she was 9 in 1977.

I never was a big Who fan. They had some good songs, just not my favorite band. I enjoyed Zepplin, Deep Purple, Bad Company much better.

Question: Beatles or Stones?
Stones, and it's not even close. I do not like the Beatles, do not like very many of their songs. Maybe Sgt. Pepper. That's it. Otherwise, the Beatles just annoy me like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Now, I do like the Who. Not my favorite, but they're ok. Don't like Pink Floyd either. Aerosmith is good. I guess when it comes to 70s rock, my tastes have a decidedly Southern feel to them. Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Outlaws, all that stuff. In fact, how about a little bit of Outlaws right now?

Well who do you like best Beatles or Stones?
Oh Beatles for sure, later album. Early stuff while new and different is just to much pop for me. Stones had some good songs, but I never was a fan.
BTW my post was just British bands. I too love the doobies, eagles, most all the southern bands, CCR. Well the list is long. 😆

my oldest grandaughter sang this song wonderfully, she was 13 .I put phone off the hook so her dad coyld here her, he was amazed how good she sounded and the notes she hit. He said " thats not Cindy" of course it was.
I taught all my oldest grandkis to sing,dance among other things,We starte off with Do Re Me.

Latest posts

Back