The night they drove ol' Dixie down

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bless her heart she has a nice voice maybe if she changed clothes ,washed her hair she woudn't be so ' down' ,lol,
I like the song but its not one you want ot listen to often.

Last edited:
I couldn't get through too many seconds of her. She seems like a clown.
Sting on the other hand is very talented. I like most of his music. I heard this yesterday, not Sting. I dont like when bad language is used but thought the music was pretty. The meaning behind the lyrics has to do with the singer and a guy she was dating. She was in a good place, he wasn't.

I couldn't get through too many seconds of her. She seems like a clown.
Sting on the other hand is very talented. I like most of his music. I heard this yesterday, not Sting. I dont like when bad language is used but thought the music was pretty. The meaning behind the lyrics has to do with the singer and a guy she was dating. She was in a good place, he wasn't.

Yes 3 non blondes may look liek she needs a good bleach bath or at least shampoo,anyone looking for a saint ain't going to be listening to any music recorded in last 70 years. That includes most C&W cheating ,drinking,prison songs etc, or classic rock.
I listen to lyrics mostly and the beat of course. :D

I love music. Last few years i have been into blues.

1985 0r 86. I was bar tending in a honky tonk in Yazoo city. A dive called Charlies. No one was in the bar. and BB king walks in. He asked for the owner. i told him she was asleep. He wanted to know if he could play saturday and sunday night for the door proceeds.
I stammered...And told him YES. I had no authority to do so. this was a COUNTRY bar.
So. The owner let it happen. I worked the bar saturday and sunday night. During one of Mr Kings breaks between sets. He and I shared a joint out back sitting on the old picnic table.
I have held Lucille in my hands and had the pleasure to get high with one of the greatest blues singers of all time. Hellofa nice guy . RIP MR KING.

I hope they never sleep at night too,or even better sleep on a cot behind bars with the other criminals.

Last edited:
I love music. Last few years i have been into blues.

1985 0r 86. I was bar tending in a honky tonk in Yazoo city. A dive called Charlies. No one was in the bar. and BB king walks in. He asked for the owner. i told him she was asleep. He wanted to know if he could play saturday and sunday night for the door proceeds.
I stammered...And told him YES. I had no authority to do so. this was a COUNTRY bar.
So. The owner let it happen. I worked the bar saturday and sunday night. During one of Mr Kings breaks between sets. He and I shared a joint out back sitting on the old picnic table.
I have held Lucille in my hands and had the pleasure to get high with one of the greatest blues singers of all time. Hellofa nice guy . RIP MR KING.

I met BB King too in 1976 I asked to play the Thrill Is Gone,and boy did he play it lol,After a nice chat I went back to my date and we danced to hat song forever.We'd start to leave the stage and he would crank it back up.
Electric BallRoom ,Atl.Ga..

Back