The Three Amigos!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we had a little drama last night, which is why I'm up early... Zorlac went MIA before I could lock him down for the night, Z-Girl & Black Diamond were with me in my room but that darned Zorlac never showed, so I was worried about him. Finally, after a restless night, I walked out at 0500 with a headlamp on and machete in hand... heard some cat cryin' and zeroed in on the noise, and sure enough, it was that stupid Zorlac in my neighbor's yard, behind a chain-link fence. He's lucky I got to him before some varmint did, like a coyote or an owl... haven't seen either of those around lately, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. Anyway, I was just glad to retrieve the darned cat and get him inside where he belongs. Tiger & Crackhead are old campaigners so they know the drill when it comes to varmints, and I'm not worried if they go outside when it's dark, but these kittens are NOT ready for the wide world (at night, when predators are more likely to be present). Meh, all's well that ends well, at least the AWOL kitten wasn't injured or killed. :confused:

Well, we had a little drama last night, which is why I'm up early... Zorlac went MIA before I could lock him down for the night, Z-Girl & Black Diamond were with me in my room but that darned Zorlac never showed, so I was worried about him. Finally, after a restless night, I walked out at 0500 with a headlamp on and machete in hand... heard some cat cryin' and zeroed in on the noise, and sure enough, it was that stupid Zorlac in my neighbor's yard, behind a chain-link fence. He's lucky I got to him before some varmint did, like a coyote or an owl... haven't seen either of those around lately, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. Anyway, I was just glad to retrieve the darned cat and get him inside where he belongs. Tiger & Crackhead are old campaigners so they know the drill when it comes to varmints, and I'm not worried if they go outside when it's dark, but these kittens are NOT ready for the wide world (at night, when predators are more likely to be present). Meh, all's well that ends well, at least the AWOL kitten wasn't injured or killed. :confused:
Hopefully he learned his lesson!!

Hard to say... here's the knucklehaid now, along with his litter mates! And Crackhead! 😒

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

Here's Crackhead holding the high ground in my bedroom... :rolleyes:

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

In that penultimate pic, he's looking down at Zorlac & Black Diamond (last pic). :oops:

Meanwhile, at the north or opposite end of our home, Tiger is trying to catch a nap... 🤫

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

Black Diamond on the carpet... 😒

IMG_1469.JPG

And hittin' the bar early... 😲

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

TOO MANY WATERMELON DAIQUIRIS!!! I'M CUTTIN' HER OFF!!! 😳

And while all this is going on, the doves are raiding the pavers I use as ground feeders... I loaded the pavers earlier! 😦

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

If I twitch the curtains suddenly, the birds will take off, hence the shots where they're all scattering! I used the zoom on the Canon cam to get a little closer to the action! Just another typical morning at the ol' hacienda! CHEERS!!! :cool:

Hey, Pearl, here are some kitten shots for ya! Might have a couple of Crackhead too! ;)

View attachment 97524
View attachment 97525
View attachment 97526
View attachment 97527
View attachment 97528
View attachment 97529
View attachment 97530
View attachment 97531
View attachment 97532

Back to the Bama-LSU game (secondhand, more's the pity), but I hope you enjoy the kitty cat pics! Cheers!!! 🍺
They are SO lucky to be together!! They are so happy, and comfortable😉 Thanks for the pics, nice end to my day looking at those sweet babies!!

Yes, they are fortunate to be here... I am a cat lover and my "kids" live well here at the ol' hacienda! The whole place is set up for kitty cat comfort, ya know? And if they scratch the leather sofa, well, it'll take 'em awhile to damage it beyond further use, lol. I say that because one of the knucklehaids just scratched the heck out of the leather sofa, lol. :oops:

Meh, every time I wake up at zero-dark-thirty and the kittens mob me while purring away like a house on fire, all is forgiven! They'll make good bed warmers this winter, lol... I'll stuff all three of 'em down under the covers and cut down on my gas bill, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! No central heating required when ya gots kittens galore, lol. CHEERS!!! 🍺

Yes, they are fortunate to be here... I am a cat lover and my "kids" live well here at the ol' hacienda! The whole place is set up for kitty cat comfort, ya know? And if they scratch the leather sofa, well, it'll take 'em awhile to damage it beyond further use, lol. I say that because one of the knucklehaids just scratched the heck out of the leather sofa, lol. :oops:
Our "kids" have quite the comfortable life too! I always figure if you are going to have them let them live the good life!!

Didja notice how BIG Zorlac's paws are? He's gonna be a monster when he grows up to be an adult cat! Probably be as big as Tiger & Crackhead, who are both LARGE CATS! Maybe even BIGGER!!! :oops:

Well, I'm back to my good Western, quiet night here with no beer drinking... [gasp!!!] o_O

Roast turkey feast for me and the cats manana!!! Looking forward to it!!! Cats will get small chunks of turkey covered in gravy!!! No cranberry sauce!!! No pineapple bits, taters or green beans either!!! "Film at 11!!!" ;)

Didja notice how BIG Zorlac's paws are? He's gonna be a monster when he grows up to be an adult cat! Probably be as big as Tiger & Crackhead, who are both LARGE CATS! Maybe even BIGGER!!! :oops:

Well, I'm back to my good Western, quiet night here with no beer drinking... [gasp!!!] o_O

Roast turkey feast for me and the cats manana!!! Looking forward to it!!! Cats will get small chunks of turkey covered in gravy!!! No cranberry sauce!!! No pineapple bits, taters or green beans either!!! "Film at 11!!!" ;)
Green beans are good for them!!

Kittens keeping me company this morning, along with Crackhead in his usual sunny spot on the carpet! :rolleyes:

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

Hey, look, you can see my 'Crackhead Avatar' in Pics #2 & 3, lol... that goofy cat! Here's one of Tiger I forgot to post earlier in the other thread, he was getting a drink of water and checking out the jalapeno cornbread, but I missed the shot of his nose down to the cornbread! Tiger is a spooky critter, feral as a youngster! :confused:

IMG_1859.JPG

Now, one of these blasted varmints managed to turn on the water in the main sink tap, so I put a rubber band around it to keep them from doing it again. I'll have to use that band henceforth, especially when I'm absent on a ride or whatever... I don't wanna return to a home where the sink faucet has been running for 5 or 6 hours! Hopefully the rubber band will prevent that from happening, and at least I caught the leak early on this morning! Here's the new setup, I'll hafta use another band on the filtered drinking water tap too, I suppose, but I have a few of those blue rubber bands used for produce in the store. 😒

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

Meh, no big deal to use the rubber bands, they're quick & easy and I don't hafta have 'em on there all the time, not while I'm here anyway. This is how it is when ya live with cats, lol... you follow the advice of the USMC as you deal with the situation: "IMPROVISE, ADAPT & OVERCOME!!!" 😳

P.S. Kitchen window needs cleaning, lol... with Old Man Winter on his way, that may be a springtime project!!! ;)

Also, note shredded Chinese Walmart curtain in Pics #2 & 3, the blasted varmints are still working on it, lol... :(

Last edited:
Black Diamond atop my unmade bed, Z-Girl & Zorlac sleeping by the window in the master bathroom... since mornings have been cold lately, I've taken to raising the frosted window pane and leaving the clear pane shut, that way the kittens can see the birds outside but no cold air creeps into our home. One little window shouldn't make too much difference in the heating bill when used as a single pane... 🤔

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1916.JPG

I'm proud of Crackhead, he has made much progress lately with the youngsters! He used to hiss and growl at 'em, but now he comes into the master bedroom and sleeps with us on the bed... I try to keep him on one side of the bed, and keep the kittens on the other. Crackhead likes being under the covers too, so that helps, even if I have kittens under the covers on the opposite side! However, I walked into the room yesterday afternoon and Crackhead was using Zorlac as a pillow, lol... both were sound asleep, I should've taken a picture but I was busy doing something. Still, it's PROGRESS! :)

P.S. Window needs to be cleaned... could be a springtime project, lol. ;)

Black Diamond atop my unmade bed, Z-Girl & Zorlac sleeping by the window in the master bathroom... since mornings have been cold lately, I've taken to raising the frosted window pane and leaving the clear pane shut, that way the kittens can see the birds outside but no cold air creeps into our home. One little window shouldn't make too much difference in the heating bill when used as a single pane... 🤔

View attachment 97982
View attachment 97983
View attachment 97984
View attachment 97985

I'm proud of Crackhead, he has made much progress lately with the youngsters! He used to hiss and growl at 'em, but now he comes into the master bedroom and sleeps with us on the bed... I try to keep him on one side of the bed, and keep the kittens on the other. Crackhead likes being under the covers too, so that helps, even if I have kittens under the covers on the opposite side! However, I walked into the room yesterday afternoon and Crackhead was using Zorlac as a pillow, lol... both were sound asleep, I should've taken a picture but I was busy doing something. Still, it's PROGRESS! :)

P.S. Window needs to be cleaned... could be a springtime project, lol. ;)
This morning I had a German Shepherd/cat fight for who was snuggling with me. Not quite sure who won, but it wasn't me!😮😟🥴

At some point today, I walked into my bedroom and the three kittens were scattered around like casualties on a battlefield, lol... 😳

IMG_1935.JPG

Black Diamond on the bed:

IMG_1934.JPG

Zorlac on the chest or stand by the bed:

IMG_1933.JPG

And Z-Girl atop the dresser:

IMG_1932.JPG

THE BLASTED VARMINTS!!! LOL... BUT I STILL LUV 'EM!!! :rolleyes:

Hmm, guess I'd better go out and wrap those fruit trees, blackberry vine & jalapeno bush with plastic in case we have a freeze tonight... forecast says 32* F, so I'd better go do it. 😒

At some point today, I walked into my bedroom and the three kittens were scattered around like casualties on a battlefield, lol... 😳

View attachment 98030

Black Diamond on the bed:

View attachment 98031

Zorlac on the chest or stand by the bed:

View attachment 98032

And Z-Girl atop the dresser:

View attachment 98033

THE BLASTED VARMINTS!!! LOL... BUT I STILL LUV 'EM!!! :rolleyes:

Hmm, guess I'd better go out and wrap those fruit trees, blackberry vine & jalapeno bush with plastic in case we have a freeze tonight... forecast says 32* F, so I'd better go do it. 😒
Lol, Black Diamond looks like he took a direct hit!! He definitely found a great comfy nap spot!!😺

Black Diamond is a gal, and so is Z-Girl... they're going to a vet on Wednesday to get spayed, courtesy of the shelter and the arrangement I made when I adopted the kittens. Maybe that surgery will settle the young gals down a bit, we'll see once it's done. ;)

Black Diamond is a gal, and so is Z-Girl... they're going to a vet on Wednesday to get spayed, courtesy of the shelter and the arrangement I made when I adopted the kittens. Maybe that surgery will settle the young gals down a bit, we'll see once it's done. ;)
Well Zorlac will have to be the big brother caretaker!! Z-Girl took care of him after his neutering, he better comfort his sisters!! 😺

My 'Internet Rambo Oversight Committee' hard at work this morning (as usual), while Crackhead goes to town on a cat toy, lol... the blasted varmint! 😒

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

Look how BIG Zorlac is compared to Z-Girl & Black Diamond!!! He's gonna be a MONSTER when he grows up to become an adult cat! His paws are HUGE, so I'm thinking the rest of him will follow and become as LARGE!!! :oops:

My 'Internet Rambo Oversight Committee' hard at work this morning (as usual), while Crackhead goes to town on a cat toy, lol... the blasted varmint! 😒

View attachment 98051
View attachment 98052
View attachment 98053
View attachment 98054
View attachment 98055

Look how BIG Zorlac is compared to Z-Girl & Black Diamond!!! He's gonna be a MONSTER when he grows up to become an adult cat! His paws are HUGE, so I'm thinking the rest of him will follow and become as LARGE!!! :oops:
He is growing like a weed!! My Tiger is turning two the end of December and I think he finally stopped growing! Got way bigger than I thought he would! I can't wait to see how big Zorlac gets!

Well, I don't wanna create a whole new thread for two lousy pics, so I'm gonna park these here... I don't think I've posted these here already, I know I've sent them to folks via email. This is my new Darth Vader house key, I've been meaning to get more keys cut and I finally did it yesterday. Scored this from some key-cutting machine in WallyWorld, and the machine also cut another (plain) key for an additional $1.49 (plus tax) on top of the $5 Darth Vader key, lol. I needed spare keys because I taped one up and hid it under a rock in the yard... after recently locking myself out and having to climb through a window (which was fortunately unlocked at the time, otherwise I would've had to break it, lol). So now I'm all rigged up for the coming galactic battle: after a long hard day of fighting evil and corruption, I can open the door to the ol' hacienda with my new Darth Vader key, WOOHOO!!! :thumbs:

IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2035.JPG

Well, I don't wanna create a whole new thread for two lousy pics, so I'm gonna park these here... I don't think I've posted these here already, I know I've sent them to folks via email. This is my new Darth Vader house key, I've been meaning to get more keys cut and I finally did it yesterday. Scored this from some key-cutting machine in WallyWorld, and the machine also cut another (plain) key for an additional $1.49 (plus tax) on top of the $5 Darth Vader key, lol. I needed spare keys because I taped one up and hid it under a rock in the yard... after recently locking myself out and having to climb through a window (which was fortunately unlocked at the time, otherwise I would've had to break it, lol). So now I'm all rigged up for the coming galactic battle: after a long hard day of fighting evil and corruption, I can open the door to the ol' hacienda with my new Darth Vader key, WOOHOO!!! :thumbs:

View attachment 98117
View attachment 98118
Glad you got Darth Vader, I hear the hair on the Chewbacca keys gets stuck in locks!!

Here are today's pics, got a big day tomorrow for the two young gals! But check out the PROGRESS between Crackhead and the youngsters, lol, in this case little Black Diamond! :)

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

Okay, time to log out and watch a little entertainment before eating dinner & crashing... got my alarm set for 0600 manana to make sure I drop the kids off at the vet's office in time! I'll be glad when these last two surgeries are done, then the kittens won't have to go anywhere, they can stay right here at the ol' hacienda! CHEERS!!! :cool:

Here are today's pics, got a big day tomorrow for the two young gals! But check out the PROGRESS between Crackhead and the youngsters, lol, in this case little Black Diamond! :)

View attachment 98171
View attachment 98172
View attachment 98173
View attachment 98174
View attachment 98175
View attachment 98176
View attachment 98177
View attachment 98178
View attachment 98179

Okay, time to log out and watch a little entertainment before eating dinner & crashing... got my alarm set for 0600 manana to make sure I drop the kids off at the vet's office in time! I'll be glad when these last two surgeries are done, then the kittens won't have to go anywhere, they can stay right here at the ol' hacienda! CHEERS!!! :cool:
Let us know when they are home! ♥️😺

Smooth sailing so far, I'm so glad that door latch is working properly and the kittens are secure... I'm gonna get cleaned up here shortly, then load Z-Girl & Black Diamond into the cat carrier and hit the road. Target departure time: 1 hour. I'll be so glad when this is all over and I don't have to mess with vet appointments anymore... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back