The Three Amigos!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Zorlac saying to himself, "I can't believe this fool is drinking homemade wine coolers!" 😒

IMG_4798.JPG

Next we have Tiger "wall-walking" on the cat couch... probably dreaming of vertical skateboarding! ;)

IMG_4813.JPG

Crackhead has taken to lying between the pillows on our rack... the knucklehaid! :confused:

IMG_4815.JPG

Z-Girl joins Crackhead on the comfy nautical blanket... she's a bit sleepy after dinner, aye? 🥱

IMG_4817.JPG

I like the little seagulls flying right by Z-Girl, they must know she's tired, lol... 😴

Shots taken today while spending quality time with the cats:

IMG_4909.JPG

IMG_4911.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG

Check out Z-Girl's paw, look at the different colored pads on those paws of hers! She sure is a strange mix of colors! :oops:

IMG_4913.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

Next we have four cats in the pic, with Zorlac lying atop the bureau or dresser, lol... 😒

IMG_4915.JPG

You can just see Crackhead's snaggletooth at lower right, lol... we were all taking a nap & sharing quality time! 🙂

IMG_4916.JPG

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

More shots of the cats:

IMG_4920.JPG

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4923.JPG

Tiger decides to sprawl out on the "cat couch" with Crackhead... 😒

IMG_4925.JPG

IMG_4926.JPG

Meanwhile, in the northern bedroom... ;)

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_4928.JPG

Last but not least, we have four varmints eating on the kitchen table, which is reserved for the cats, lol... I don't need it, and I hardly ever use it except to unload groceries after shopping runs. :cool:

IMG_4931.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG

Nice comparison shot of Tiger's coat (lower left) and Zorlac's coat (lower right), no wonder I can't tell 'em apart in dim light, lol. Tiger is a BIG cat, but Zorlac is on track to be just as huge, he's growing like a weed! Poor little Black Diamond & Z-Girl can't keep up with him, lol. Crackhead is about the same size as Tiger, they both weigh too... :oops:

More shots of the cats:

View attachment 100904
View attachment 100905
View attachment 100906

Tiger decides to sprawl out on the "cat couch" with Crackhead... 😒

View attachment 100907
View attachment 100908

Meanwhile, in the northern bedroom... ;)

View attachment 100909
View attachment 100910

Last but not least, we have four varmints eating on the kitchen table, which is reserved for the cats, lol... I don't need it, and I hardly ever use it except to unload groceries after shopping runs. :cool:

View attachment 100911
View attachment 100912

Nice comparison shot of Tiger's coat (lower left) and Zorlac's coat (lower right), no wonder I can't tell 'em apart in dim light, lol. Tiger is a BIG cat, but Zorlac is on track to be just as huge, he's growing like a weed! Poor little Black Diamond & Z-Girl can't keep up with him, lol. Crackhead is about the same size as Tiger, they both weigh too... :oops:
That is a great comparison shot👍

More holiday kitty shots! Starting with a black cat convo! :)

IMG_5015.JPG

IMG_5016.JPG

Tiger looks down from his high perch in the nook... 😒

IMG_5018.JPG

Zorlac joins the party below on the bed... 😀

IMG_5019.JPG

Tiger is not impressed... 🥱

IMG_5020.JPG

Meanwhile, Z-Girl eyeballs birds from the windowsill... 🙄

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5022.JPG

Zorlac wishes Z-Girl were with him and the others on the bed... 😢

IMG_5023.JPG

Z-Girl joins the party... 🥳

IMG_5024.JPG

And they all live happily ever after, lol... 😎

IMG_5025.JPG

P.S. Black Diamond's belly fur is slowly growing back after it was shaved for her operation... still looks ugly today, lol. 😕

Sink inspectors this morning... I got gigged again for last night's dirty dishes! [Sob!] 😢

As a bachelor, I often leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight... I scrape 'em and rinse 'em first, then soak 'em overnight and do 'em in the morning, when the hot water feels good on my hands. 🙂

But I still gotta take flak from these sink inspectors, they're real hard@$$es too, lol... 😳

IMG_5049.JPG

IMG_5046.JPG

IMG_5048.JPG

Meh, no worries, I only had to knock out 100 pushups... so things definitely could've been worse! 😉

P.S. Rubber bands are on the sink tap levers to keep the cats from turning on the water, which they occasionally do... I put the bands in place whenever I'm gonna be out of our home for any length of time. The smaller filtered tap pretty much stays secured with its rubber band, as I don't use it as often. The blue rubber bands are the same produce bands you see on broccoli heads at the store, lol. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sink inspectors this morning... I got gigged again for last night's dirty dishes! [Sob!] 😢

As a bachelor, I often leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight... I scrape 'em and rinse 'em first, then soak 'em overnight and do 'em in the morning, when the hot water feels good on my hands. 🙂

But I still gotta take flak from these sink inspectors, they're real hard@$$es too, lol... 😳

View attachment 101032
View attachment 101033
View attachment 101034

Meh, no worries, I only had to knock out 100 pushups... so things definitely could've been worse! 😉

P.S. Rubber bands are on the sink tap levers to keep the cats from turning on the water, which they occasionally do... I put the bands in place whenever I'm gonna be out of our home for any length of time. The smaller filtered tap pretty much stays secured with its rubber band, as I don't use it as often. The blue rubber bands are the same produce bands you see on broccoli heads at the store, lol. :rolleyes:
I still can't get past that tail,😃!

Today the kittens "discovered" the 'cat cave' over the fridge, after I tossed Zorlac up there... then the other two. Since the fridge juts out from the wall so far, these cabinets are really inaccessible, so they were automatically relegated to 'cat cave' status. Now, if I REALLY needed the storage space, I could use them and grab the stepladder for access, but I don't need 'em, so the choice was easy... I have heaps of storage space elsewhere in my home, let alone the two large metal sheds on concrete slabs. There's a little space above the cabinets, under the ceiling, so of course the kittens had to investigate that as well... also the space between fridge & cabinets. Don't mind the unpainted walls & ceiling, their time is coming, lol, and the water damage from earlier roof leaks wasn't that great---cracked & broken original plastic vent covers, I swapped 'em for aluminum covers early on in the home rehab, which solved the leak problems---so once I caulk the uglier sections & paint over those stains, nobody will ever be the wiser. Anyway, here are the knucklehaids exploring atop the fridge this morning:

IMG_5084.JPG

IMG_5085.JPG

IMG_5086.JPG

IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5088.JPG

IMG_5089.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG

IMG_5092.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

IMG_5094.JPG

Tail shots are for Pearl! In Pic #5, Black Diamond has the "evil eye!" (camera flash reflection or something...) :oops:

Last edited:
Now, I let all the cats out after their breakfast, and they stayed out for a few moments, but then they said, "To heck with this freezing cold BS, I'm going back inside!" Tiger stayed out a bit longer, but he's a big cat with a luxurious coat, so he can take the cold weather. But even he came back inside, and all the cats started zooming around the house... I put out some catnip, maybe that had something to do with it, lol. Anyway, they finally crashed, and I took some pics of them in lounge mode... I even tucked little Z-Girl in for a couple pics, she looks like a little kitty enchilada, lol. :)

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5120.JPG

IMG_5127.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG
IMG_5122.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5126.JPG

IMG_5131.JPG

Looks like Crackhead has a stranglehold on Tiger in one pic... and the cats have messed up my Mexican blanket again on the cat couch. I just washed the thing and had it all perfect, but those krazy kittens like to run across the back like vertical skateboarders! It's nuts, they'll streak past and get vertical on the couch back and rebound off it like meteors! Crazy fools! One day I'll try to get some footage of them doing this, it's all in the timing... but the kittens move like greased lightning when they're in full swing. Very difficult to be ready for 'em when they're moving a million miles per hour! :confused:

Last edited:
That one pic of Tiger reminds me of John Travolta doing his disco number, lol... finger pointed upward! Er, I mean paw! :oops:

It's already below freezing here, and the temp is dropping steadily, so it's an indoor night for the cats, just as soon as I corral 'em all in the house. No need for kitties to be frozen into ice statues tonight! They'll be bed warmers instead, lol... :)

All kitties are safe indoors, it's gonna be a cold night out there... for this neck o' the high desert, I mean. Definitely gonna run my heater tonight, just seems like the wisest course. I have mostly PEX pipes under my home, but I had a flash or vision of burst pipes on Christmas Eve, so I'm gonna prevent that by keeping the heat on overnight. Sometimes a few degrees difference is all it takes... pipes can usually handle 20*, but when it drops to 10* or lower they can burst. :oops:

All kitties are safe indoors, it's gonna be a cold night out there... for this neck o' the high desert, I mean. Definitely gonna run my heater tonight, just seems like the wisest course. I have mostly PEX pipes under my home, but I had a flash or vision of burst pipes on Christmas Eve, so I'm gonna prevent that by keeping the heat on overnight. Sometimes a few degrees difference is all it takes... pipes can usually handle 20*, but when it drops to 10* or lower they can burst. :oops:
Wrap some cats around them pipes!!😉😃

They'll be stuck to the pipes all winter, lol... here are Tiger & Crackhead competing in the Olympic "Synchronized Grooming" event for cats! ;)

IMG_5156.JPG

They're a little off in their synchronization, I'll give 'em an '8.5' for their score. Here they are joined by Zorlac on a bar stool: "EGGNOG, BARTENDER!!! WITH PLENTY O' RUM!!! AND MAKE IT SNAPPY!!! PRONTO!!! CHOP CHOP!!!" :oops:

IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG

That wasn't an ashtray in the first pic, it was the fancy glass condiment tray I keep on the bar, in case I ever have to break out the condiments, or even some snacks! Here's the tray, it belonged to me beloved & dear departed mum! :)

IMG_5167.JPG

Hmm, should've tucked the cord behind the "lightning ball" for the pic... fell down on the job, lol. Those are "bar tongs" at right in the tray (for ice, olives, cherries), I call 'em the "eyeball pluckers!" :eek:

IMG_5194.JPG

Nice little Scandinavian bar tongs, they take their drinking seriously over there, lol. I actually DO have an ashtray for smokers to take out on the porch, solid smoked glass with a ship's wheel as decoration! Hardly ever gets used... 😒

IMG_5192.JPG

Here's Black Diamond on the European blanket I use as an area rug atop the carpet... needs straightening! 😁

IMG_5158.JPG

And little Z-Girl curled up behind one corner of the TV, all the kittens have taken to jumping up there for a nap! As long as they don't mess with the wiring, it's okay... I see I have to straighten out the wiring where one of 'em messed with it. 😕

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5176.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

Well, guess I'll see about breakfast here in a few moments, then cut my hair before I grab a shower... I wash my hair separately and let it dry before cutting, aye? A shower afterward removes any cut hair, no itch later, lol. CHEERS!!! 😎

P.S. I just noticed that the glass tray has little 'Stars of David' in it, lol... I'm thinking me mum must have bought it in Israel when she visited the 'Holy Land' in the early '70s. Meh, it works as a condiment tray, so no worries. :rolleyes:

Edit: Wait, the "eyeball pluckers" are actually Japanese, and they've been in our family for half a century or more... I thought they were Scandinavian, since we have a lot of Nordic stuff in our home, but they were "Made in Japan!" However, as I recall, my pop bought 'em in Scandinavia when we visited in the Summer of '69 or '70... 😬

Last edited:
Kitties are snoozing as I watch 'DRAGONSLAYER' on the curved screen... I was trying to find some free football, but I reckon that went the way of the dinosaur. However, this film will suffice as I work on my 'Road Safety' thread for a bit... 🤔

I'll let y'all in on a little secret: these two knucklehaids are NOT dragonslayers, lol... but they scare small lizards at times! ;)

IMG_5202.JPG

Here's Crackhead lounging behind the TV... 😒

IMG_5203.JPG

Crackhead beat feet once I turned on the TV, lol... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Kitties are snoozing as I watch 'DRAGONSLAYER' on the curved screen... I was trying to find some free football, but I reckon that went the way of the dinosaur. However, this film will suffice as I work on my 'Road Safety' thread for a bit... 🤔

I'll let y'all in on a little secret: these two knucklehaids are NOT dragonslayers, lol... but they scare small lizards at times! ;)

View attachment 101273

Here's Crackhead lounging behind the TV... 😒

View attachment 101274

Crackhead beat feet once I turned on the TV, lol... :rolleyes:
Z-Girl is to the runt! ♥️🤔

Christmas Kitties say, "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!! :flyingaway:

IMG_5224.JPG

IMG_5226.JPG

IMG_5227.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

IMG_5229.JPG

IMG_5230.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

Last pic shows Z-Girl, Black Diamond & Crackhead atop the unmade bed, Zorlac atop the dresser (curled up under the white tiger wall hanging). I'm about to make the glaze for the ham, we'll be eating within an hour... I skipped breakfast this morning, and I'm just having one beer to tide me over till it's time to eat! After that, I'll probably read a book, I found a Western in our local library titled THE GREAT YELLOWSTONE STEAMBOAT RACE, by Robert J. Steelman. So I'll get boating AND a Western in one book, lol... and if the author's no good and I fall asleep, that'll be okay too! It's a win-win situation! CHEERS!!! 🍺

Kittens hanging out atop the kitchen cupboards, their *new* favorite spot... 🙂

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

Barflies gettin' their drank on, lol... :oops:

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5426.JPG

Crackhead and Z-Girl tearing up my Chinese Walmart house slippers, lol... Crackhead likes that patch of sunshine, he's in it every morning while it lasts, aye? 😒

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5431.JPG

Goldurned Crackhead already messed up the European blanket I use as an area rug atop the carpet... the BLASTED VARMINT! He's setting a BAD EXAMPLE for Z-Girl and the other kittens! 😠

I'm off to make breakfast and possibly go for a bike ride, depends upon these clouds I see in the sky... :rolleyes:

Kittens hanging out atop the kitchen cupboards, their *new* favorite spot... 🙂

View attachment 101741
View attachment 101742

Barflies gettin' their drank on, lol... :oops:

View attachment 101743
View attachment 101744

Crackhead and Z-Girl tearing up my Chinese Walmart house slippers, lol... Crackhead likes that patch of sunshine, he's in it every morning while it lasts, aye? 😒

View attachment 101745
View attachment 101746
View attachment 101747

Goldurned Crackhead already messed up the European blanket I use as an area rug atop the carpet... the BLASTED VARMINT! He's setting a BAD EXAMPLE for Z-Girl and the other kittens! 😠

I'm off to make breakfast and possibly go for a bike ride, depends upon these clouds I see in the sky... :rolleyes:
Live those faces in pic 2!

Some more pics of "the kids" snoozing today! :)

IMG_5449.JPG

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

Note shredded Chinese Walmart curtain in Pic #5... in the last pic, Z-Girl gives her best impersonation of the raptor skeleton in 'JURASSIC PARK!' (Head needs to be tilted back more...) :oops:

Edit: Zorlac knocked the little glass pyramid from Tijuana off the dresser a while ago, so now the top doesn't fit right... I need to bend the little connecting rod more, Zorlac managed to send it outta whack with the unroped fall. 😒

Why not move the pyramid before Zorlac knocks it over again, you ask? Meh, the pyramid takes its chances here, just like everybody & everything else, lol... we're not granting any special favors to a glass pyramid I bought in Tijuana 25 years ago. If Zorlac shatters it next time, well, then it was meant to happen, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 🤪

Last edited:
Some more pics of "the kids" snoozing today! :)

View attachment 101766
View attachment 101767
View attachment 101768
View attachment 101769
View attachment 101770
View attachment 101771

Note shredded Chinese Walmart curtain in Pic #5... in the last pic, Z-Girl gives her best impersonation of the raptor skeleton in 'JURASSIC PARK!' :oops:

Edit: Zorlac knocked the little glass pyramid from Tijuana off the dresser a while ago, so now the top doesn't fit right... I need to bend the little connecting rod more, Zorlac managed to send it outta whack with the unroped fall. 😒
Black Diamond is showing some auburn highlights!!😮

I think it's just the lighting, or some reflection from the nearby paneling or whatever... she's still black as coal, and her belly fur is finally growing out after her operation. :)

Some cat shots for Pearl! And other cat lovers! 😎

IMG_5561.JPG

Don't mind the ugly ceiling, it gets painted soon enough, lol... same for the ugly wall! ;)

IMG_5565.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

IMG_5564.JPG

IMG_5589.JPG

IMG_5590.JPG

IMG_5594.JPG

Belly fur still growing back after the operation! :confused:

IMG_5595.JPG

IMG_5592.JPG

IMG_5593.JPG

Okay, NOW I'm outta here, lol... CHEERS!!! 🍺

Some cat shots for Pearl! And other cat lovers! 😎

View attachment 102381

Don't mind the ugly ceiling, it gets painted soon enough, lol... same for the ugly wall! ;)

View attachment 102382
View attachment 102383
View attachment 102384
View attachment 102385
View attachment 102386
View attachment 102387

Belly fur still growing back after the operation! :confused:

View attachment 102388
View attachment 102389
View attachment 102391

Okay, NOW I'm outta here, lol... CHEERS!!! 🍺
So beautiful!!