The Three Amigos!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rack in my room looks like a battlefield with casualties lying everywhere, lol... :oops:

IMG_7950.JPG

IMG_7952.JPG

IMG_7954.JPG

Every morning, I make my bed, and every day, the cats mess it up, lol... meh, small price to pay for all that lovin'! :D

Now I gotta figure out how to slide in there and read a book... guess I'll go right, then all I gotta do is relocate Z-Girl. :rolleyes:

You've probably heard the old advertising expression: "Put A Tiger In Your Tank!" Well, I didn't have a tank handy, but Tiger managed to fit in the sink, lol... he's a BIG CAT too, makes that fairly deep stainless steel sink seem small. 😒

IMG_7974.JPG

IMG_7975.JPG

Then we have black house panther Crackhead trying to blend in with the white tigers in the wall hanging, lol... 😬

IMG_7976.JPG

IMG_7978.JPG

Last but not least, we have Black Diamond & Z-Girl hangin' out in the north bedroom, they like it there... 😁

IMG_7979.JPG

IMG_7980.JPG

That small pile of lumber will be used in home rehab projects this spring, so it'll be off the carpet before too long... 🤪

You've probably heard the old advertising expression: "Put A Tiger In Your Tank!" Well, I didn't have a tank handy, but Tiger managed to fit in the sink, lol... he's a BIG CAT too, makes that fairly deep stainless steel sink seem small. 😒

View attachment 105027
View attachment 105028

Then we have black house panther Crackhead trying to blend in with the white tigers in the wall hanging, lol... 😬

View attachment 105029
View attachment 105030

Last but not least, we have Black Diamond & Z-Girl hangin' out in the north bedroom, they like it there... 😁

View attachment 105031
View attachment 105032

That small pile of lumber will be used in home rehab projects this spring, so it'll be off the carpet before too long... 🤪
They are so regal!! Crackhead looks like king cat!!♥️

He's in charge, that's for sure, though Tiger is somewhat larger... but Tiger loves Crackhead, the two get along famously, lol. Tiger surprised me the other night by coming into my room and jumping up on the bed with the rest of the cats... he's not always sociable, since he was feral as a youngster, but this is progress! He actually hung out with us for half an hour before jumping down and moving to his favorite spot in the living room. I don't mind if Tiger is a bit of a loner at times, I'm practically the same and I accept him for who he is... he's the best hunter of the lot, and the reason why I haven't seen a rodent in ages, lol. He's really a magnificent cat, so I cut him some slack when he's feeling antisocial, lol. 😬

Windowsill action for bird watching... :cool:

IMG_8009.JPG

IMG_8010.JPG

IMG_8011.JPG

Little Z-Girl caught yawning by the front door... 🥱

IMG_8012.JPG

Sometimes the cats charge through the cat door from outside and cut left hard, sending the inside mat off to one side, the knucklehaids. Here's Zorlac getting aggro on the windowsill as I mess with him... 😬

IMG_8014.JPG

IMG_8013.JPG

"YOU WANT SOME OF ME, PAL?!?!?" 😳

Blasted varmints sacked out as I do all the hard work, lol... 😒

View attachment 105375
View attachment 105376
View attachment 105377
View attachment 105378
View attachment 105379

Dunno where Tiger is... he's probably robbing the Dollar General as I key this post. :oops:
I remember a story about a lady who had a cat, and when she went to work, the cat would go to the local Hallmark store! It was 2 miles away!! The cat showed up, had food and water, and slept in a chair in front the window! The cat would leave mid afternoon. The lady would come home to find the cat happy to see her! One day she was coming home early, she stops by the store, and there was her cat!!😺 The lady and the store owner exchanged stories, one cat, two places!!

Shots of the cats taken upon my return from town... blasted varmints were sprawled all over the rack. 😒

IMG_8068.JPG

IMG_8069.JPG

IMG_8070.JPG

IMG_8072.JPG

IMG_8074.JPG

IMG_8075.JPG

IMG_8077.JPG

IMG_8078.JPG

IMG_8080.JPG

IMG_8081.JPG

Almost stripped some of that winter bedding off the old rack today, but I'm now sleeping with windows open so I'll leave it on a bit longer... no need to wake up cold, and warmer nights will be here soon enough. :rolleyes:

Shots of the cats taken upon my return from town... blasted varmints were sprawled all over the rack. 😒

View attachment 105462
View attachment 105464
View attachment 105465
View attachment 105466
View attachment 105467
View attachment 105468
View attachment 105469
View attachment 105470
View attachment 105471
View attachment 105472

Almost stripped some of that winter bedding off the old rack today, but I'm now sleeping with windows open so I'll leave it on a bit longer... no need to wake up cold, and warmer nights will be here soon enough. :rolleyes:
OMG, they are SO sweet!! These are the BEST pics yet!!

Yes, they are LOVIN' LIFE here in the boondocks, same way I am... I've even 'adopted' a couple of scruffy ol' tomcats in the 'hood, poor ol' boys need a little lovin' as they get on in years, lol. I just bring a little cat food out whenever I see 'em around, and try to keep Crackhead & Tiger from giving 'em grief, ya know? Those ol' tomcats remind me of myself, lol... ;)

Taking it easy this morning after yesterday's motorcycle ride... I took some pics of the cats in the yard this morning while I was putting out food for the birds. Some shots show the flowering weeds I left in place, the last diehard weeds of winter, they make good cover & concealment for the cats and the flowers help our local honeybees... :cool:

IMG_8199.JPG

IMG_8200.JPG

You've heard of hood rats? Well, this is a hood cat... 😒

IMG_8201.JPG

I don't mind the cats atop the old Camry, that's a safe location with the carport above to deter hawks... :rolleyes:

IMG_8202.JPG

IMG_8203.JPG

IMG_8208.JPG

IMG_8209.JPG

IMG_8210.JPG

IMG_8211.JPG

IMG_8212.JPG

Another round of pics, I'm glad I took these when I did because clouds are now moving into the area... hopefully, the rain in today's weather forecast will actually materialize. :rolleyes:

IMG_8213.JPG

IMG_8214.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

IMG_8216.JPG

IMG_8228.JPG

IMG_8229.JPG

IMG_8204.JPG

IMG_8205.JPG

IMG_8206.JPG

IMG_8207.JPG

Well, guess I'll make some breakfast and get on with the household chores... gotta do dishes, vacuum the house and get cleaned up, but I have no real plans for the day. The seedlings are doing well, but I'm gonna keep 'em indoors for at least two weeks, just to make sure winter is actually done. Gotta check the cider later too, I'm not sure if this yeast is cutting it, might have to order some of the cider yeast and dump it into the jugs... :confused:

Cloudy & windy outside, chance of rain has increased to 30% according to the weather forecast, so all the cats are indoors except Tiger, he's a hardy pioneer and rough weather doesn't faze him, lol. Here are the other knucklehaids... 😒

IMG_8341.JPG

IMG_8342.JPG

IMG_8343.JPG

IMG_8345.JPG

IMG_8346.JPG

IMG_8347.JPG

IMG_8348.JPG

IMG_8349.JPG

IMG_8350.JPG

IMG_8351.JPG

Zorlac has a conspiratorial look in that last pic: "PSSSST! HEY, CRACKHEAD! I KNOW WHERE THIS CAMERA-TOTIN' FOOL KEEPS THE CATNIP!" 😳

Pics from today... :oops:

IMG_8399.JPG

IMG_8400.JPG

IMG_8402.JPG

IMG_8407.JPG

IMG_8416.JPG

IMG_8417.JPG

A couple o' pics to keep y'all guessin'... 😒

IMG_8403.JPG

IMG_8404.JPG

Now THAT is funny, I can see y'all trying to figure out WTHeck is going on with those pics, lol... 🤪

Here are two more to STYLE YA OUT, lol... 😨

IMG_8408.JPG

IMG_8409.JPG

I almost hate to admit that these two zebra pics reminded me of Pearl... dunno why! Let the bashing begin! :rolleyes:

"I STILL LUV YA, PEARL!!!" 😬

Last edited:
Pics from today... :oops:

View attachment 106030
View attachment 106031
View attachment 106032
View attachment 106033
View attachment 106034
View attachment 106035

A couple o' pics to keep y'all guessin'... 😒

View attachment 106036
View attachment 106037

Now THAT is funny, I can see y'all trying to figure out WTHeck is going on with those pics, lol... 🤪

Here are two more to STYLE YA OUT, lol... 😨

View attachment 106038
View attachment 106039

I almost hate to admit that these two zebra pics reminded me of Pearl... dunno why! Let the bashing begin! :rolleyes:

"I STILL LUV YA, PEARL!!!" 😬
It's ok Wingy (😉😃)! I still luv ya too!! Z-girl is really learning to work the camera!;♥️😺

Uh-oh, we're back to "Wingy" again... :oops:

Cats hangin' out, kitchen counter & sink... 😒

IMG_8436.JPG

IMG_8437.JPG

IMG_8438.JPG

IMG_8439.JPG

IMG_8440.JPG

IMG_8441.JPG

IMG_8442.JPG

Crackhead's snaggletooth is showing in that last pic, lol... but I still love the blasted varmint, he's a good cat! Note Z-Girl behind him, checking out the birds... :rolleyes:

Zorlac & Black Diamond still have sleep in their eyes, the Sandman has been busy... 😴

Last edited:
Crackhead, front & center, lol... 😁

IMG_8563.JPG

IMG_8566.JPG

IMG_8571.JPG

There's Z-Girl sharing the blanket in the last pic... varmints are catching a siesta here at the ol' hacienda! 🤠

Put some lidocaine lotion on my stiff & sore knee, maybe it's time for a medicinal bong hit, lol... :cool:

He likes that counter space, it gets some mixed sun so it's not too hot on his black coat... and I don't mind cats on the counter, I always clean the counter anyway before I prep food, and the food is on plates or trays so it's no big deal. My cats have freedom in our home, I just keep the door to the 'War Room' shut because of all the materials in there... I'll still let 'em in for short supervised visits, but I don't want 'em messing with the paint and other chemicals, aye? Not to mention all of my tools & fasteners... it's hard enough to keep things organized in there! 😒

Cue the Oingo Boingo! It's 'JUST ANOTHER DAY' here at the ol' hacienda, lol... 🤪

Oingo Boingo

IMG_8579.JPG

IMG_8603.JPG

IMG_8604.JPG

IMG_8605.JPG

IMG_8606.JPG

IMG_8607.JPG

IMG_8608.JPG

There's a way to do that so ya hear the music while checking out the pics... that goldurned Black Diamond sure tracks in yard debris, but I still love her, she's a real sweetheart, lol. Gotta like the paw over the eyes, the blasted varmint! :cool:

Cue the Oingo Boingo! It's 'JUST ANOTHER DAY' here at the ol' hacienda, lol... 🤪

Oingo Boingo

View attachment 106321
View attachment 106322
View attachment 106323
View attachment 106324
View attachment 106325
View attachment 106326
View attachment 106328

There's a way to do that so ya hear the music while checking out the pics... that goldurned Black Diamond sure tracks in yard debris, but I still love her, she's a real sweetheart, lol. Gotta like the paw over the eyes, the blasted varmint! :cool:
Just thinking back to when you first brought them home!! Look at how much they love each other now!!

Haha, those were some rough weeks or months, but they all hang together now like one big happy family! Ain't that the way it's supposed to be? Cue the Rodney King line: "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?" 🤣

Moi, I'd like to remember Rodney King for that line alone, lol... sure beat whatever else he was puttin' out there, aye? ;)

Latest posts

Back