The Three Amigos!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Diamond resting in the shade out front... later, she joins Crackhead on the porch (which has yet to be redone). :cool:

IMG_8670.JPG

IMG_8672.JPG

IMG_8673.JPG

IMG_8675.JPG

Just another day at the ol' hacienda... :cool:

IMG_8724.JPG

IMG_8725.JPG

IMG_8726.JPG

IMG_8727.JPG

IMG_8728.JPG

IMG_8729.JPG

IMG_8730.JPG

IMG_8732.JPG

IMG_8733.JPG

IMG_8736.JPG

Crackhead & Black Diamond stand out in the yard, due to their coloring, but Z-Girl, Tiger & Zorlac have excellent camo coats... little Z-Girl is the hardest to locate at times, her coat blends in best overall with the yard. Sometimes I can't locate her until she moves... when she's lying still, she's practically invisible against a similar background. 😒

Black Diamond in her new favorite spot... 😒

View attachment 106903
View attachment 106904

Crackhead, rudely awakened... 😫

View attachment 106905

Z-Girl & Zorlac watching birds from the bathroom window... 😁

View attachment 106906
View attachment 106907
View attachment 106908

P.S. I use that paint "stir stick" to prop the inner sliding window open, lol... 🙄
Two of my windows have dowel rods that prop open the outer storm window glass! My mom had a cat that would get in the sink if the water was running!!🤔

Cats playing in a weed patch which I left in place for 'em... part of their "survival training" to use cover & concealment. I managed to catch Z-Girl doing the meerkat thing and sitting upright to see over the top of the weeds, lol. 😎

IMG_8826.JPG

IMG_8827.JPG

Three cats checking out a bird that landed on a nearby branch, lol... :rolleyes:

IMG_8828.JPG

IMG_8830.JPG

IMG_8831.JPG

IMG_8832.JPG

All 5 cats are in the next 2 pics... Tiger is deeply hidden between Crackhead (foreground) and Z-Girl. 😒

IMG_8833.JPG

IMG_8834.JPG

Handsome little tigers! They sure like playing in those weeds... 😁

IMG_8835.JPG

IMG_8837.JPG

Don't have any pics from earlier today, but it sure was nice resting & reading a Western with a cat to either side of me... Crackhead & Black Diamond showing some love & support. Now I'm sitting at the dining room table, and little Z-Girl is stretched out on the floor in front of the fan, lol. :)

IMG_8841.JPG

Looks like I need to straighten out the blanket again, a regular task with five cats in our home. ;)

P.S. This home is a minefield of cat toys, lol... :oops:

Last edited:
Don't have any pics from earlier today, but it sure was nice resting & reading a Western with a cat to either side of me... Crackhead & Black Diamond showing some love & support. Now I'm sitting at the dining room table, and little Z-Girl is stretched out on the floor in front of the fan, lol. :)

View attachment 107204

Looks like I need to straighten out the blanket again, a regular task with five cats in our home. ;)

P.S. This home is a minefield of cat toys, lol... :oops:
We have cat and dog toys all over!! It's dangerous!!

Pics taken during a break from reading, when I realized that all 5 cats were with me on the rack... I was lying in the center, or close to it, and I had to shift at least one pillow. Don't mind the "unmade" bed, I had actually already made it this morning, but when I read, I like to lie down completely flat on my back, one pillow off to the side and the other pillow under my knees... that is the most comfortable position for me to read for any great length of time. Anyway, here are the 5 knucklehaids, purring away like a house on fire and keeping me company as I read another great Elmer Kelton novel! :)

IMG_8896.JPG

IMG_8897.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG

IMG_8901.JPG

IMG_8902.JPG

IMG_8903.JPG

IMG_8904.JPG

IMG_8905.JPG

Oh, well, at least I felt loved with all those kitties surrounding me... usually I'll have one lying right alongside me to port & starboard, but today I had 3 on one side and 2 on the other, lol. Tiger likes that old afghan thing my grandma made so long ago. The other cats like it too, but Tiger claims it due to his size, lol... he's a monster! So is Zorlac! And Crackhead! :oops:

P.S. My room is actually much lighter & brighter than these pics imply, the cheesy Canon cam sometimes gets the lighting wrong, it all depends upon the angle. Sometimes the flash fires even though it's fairly light in whichever room, go figure... and those sheets were just put on today, I forgot that I had another set of "summer sheets" in the closet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pics taken during a break from reading, when I realized that all 5 cats were with me on the rack... I was lying in the center, or close to it, and I had to shift at least one pillow. Don't mind the "unmade" bed, I had actually already made it this morning, but when I read, I like to lie down completely flat on my back, one pillow off to the side and the other pillow under my knees... that is the most comfortable position for me to read for any great length of time. Anyway, here are the 5 knucklehaids, purring away like a house on fire and keeping me company as I read another great Elmer Kelton novel! :)

View attachment 107389
View attachment 107390
View attachment 107391
View attachment 107392
View attachment 107393
View attachment 107394
View attachment 107395
View attachment 107396
View attachment 107397

Oh, well, at least I felt loved with all those kitties surrounding me... usually I'll have one lying right alongside me to the left & right, but today I had 3 on one side and 2 on the other, but Tiger likes that old afghan thing my grandma made so long ago. The other cats like it too, but Tiger claims it due to his size, lol... he's a monster! So is Zorlac! And Crackhead! :oops:

P.S. My room is actually much lighter & brighter than these pics imply, the cheesy Canon cam sometimes gets the lighting wrong, it all depends upon the angle. Sometimes the flash fires even though it's fairly light in whichever room, go figure... and those sheets were just put on today, I forgot that I had another "summer set" of sheets in the closet. :rolleyes:
Tiger is a big boy!! It's so nice when the critters"choose" to be with you!! 😊

I think me dear departed mum would be happy to see these cats getting so much enjoyment out of that chair... I also use it on occasion, it's very comfortable, even though I've had to re-glue the joints and tie the legs together. I wash the cushions every so often too, just to keep 'em clean. Look closely at the armrests and you can see how the original varnish has worn down to nothing, lol... we've had that chair in the family for over half a century. We are definitely getting our use out of that chair! Why buy another when this one works fine? Plus I have those two brand-new oversized & comfy folding camp chairs, I keep those in a closet indoors until I need 'em for company. Someday, I'll get around to redoing that front porch, but for now, it's lower priority than the indoor painting I'm preparing to do. 😬

P.S. That's actually a pretty large chair, the two monster cats make it look small, lol... :oops:

I think me dear departed mum would be happy to see these cats getting so much enjoyment out of that chair... I also use it on occasion, it's very comfortable, even though I've had to re-glue the joints and tie the legs together. I wash the cushions every so often too, just to keep 'em clean. Look closely at the armrests and you can see how the original varnish has worn down to nothing, lol... we've had that chair in the family for over half a century. We are definitely getting our use out of that chair! Why buy another when this one works fine? Plus I have those two brand-new oversized & comfy folding camp chairs, I keep those in a closet indoors until I need 'em for company. Someday, I'll get around to redoing that front porch, but for now, it's lower priority than the indoor painting I'm preparing to do. 😬

P.S. That's actually a pretty large chair, the two monster cats make it look small, lol... :oops:
I know my dear departed mom would LOVE for kitties to be enjoying anything of hers! ♥️♥️

Here we go with today's pics, lol... :oops:

IMG_9087.JPG

Amazing how well little Z-Girl blends into the background in that first pic... she's hard to find in my yard, lol. 😒

IMG_9090.JPG

IMG_9088.JPG

Believe it or not, there were at least 4 cats in that weed patch I left in place, solely as protection for the cats, lol. 🙄

IMG_9091.JPG

IMG_9093.JPG

IMG_9094.JPG

IMG_9095.JPG

IMG_9096.JPG

IMG_9097.JPG

IMG_9099.JPG

Nice shots of Tiger & Crackhead on the cat couch, lol... looks like I need to wash that goldurned Mexican blanket one more time, aye? Meh, the cat hair accumulates in these parts, and it's no big deal for me to tackle the cleaning, 10-4? Here at the ol' hacienda, we take things slowly and deal with 'em, no need to spray the hood with noisy AK-47 fire, lol... 😬

Last edited:
She's a real sweetheart, no matter what color she winds up being, lol... she still looks mostly black to me, the camera seems to bring out those auburn highlights. I'm sharing quality time with the cats right now, waiting for the laundry load to dry. They sure are happy & healthy here, it's a kitty paradise at the ol' hacienda! Lots of room indoors & out, plenty of good chow served on a regular basis, a human master---er, I mean butler---who caters to their every whim, life could be much worse! I feel sorry for all the kitties in shelters who haven't found a loving home yet... if I had more money, I'd rescue 'em all, 10-4? Buy a big ol' ranch in some high meadow and make a cat preserve out of it, lol. :cool:

Still no sign of Black Diamond... if she's still alive, she may be disoriented, somewhere in the neighborhood. I sure hope she reappears, I've been worried about her. I called the county animal shelter but they haven't picked up any cats here in this area, so only time will tell if Black Diamond is alive. She may be gone, same way Phoenix disappeared about a year ago. Two young female cats have mysteriously disappeared since my arrival: no sign of coyotes in the area, and I haven't heard any owls hooting either, but that doesn't mean predators aren't out there. I just hope young Black Diamond makes her way home, she sure is a sweet little cat... :(

Latest posts

Back