Tips of all kinds!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vinegar will work as well as citric acid. Vinegar is a good all purpose glass and counter cleaner as well as getting "pet smell" out of fabrics..

Vinegar will work as well as citric acid. Vinegar is a good all purpose glass and counter cleaner as well as getting "pet smell" out of fabrics..
Vinegar did nothing to remove the stain.
I tried everything that was suppose to work and citric acid was the only thing that did the job.

My bet it was the 3M pad in conjunction with the citric acid.

1663197996619.png

putting a pan of water on your wood stove or kerosene and some gas heaters help the comfort level in a room, throw in tea and you got...
well, you got tea. what did you expect?

Cheap $ store coffee filters make great tea bags if you staple them into a "D" after filling.

I currently have a spider bite on my arm. It started looking worse a few days ago, I have been putting Walmart brand mouthwash on it, via cotton ball! Looks a lot better already!! We had a holistic neighbor when I was little, she always used mouthwash on bites and stings!

I currently have a spider bite on my arm. It started looking worse a few days ago, I have been putting Walmart brand mouthwash on it, via cotton ball! Looks a lot better already!! We had a holistic neighbor when I was little, she always used mouthwash on bites and stings!
Some spider bites can be really bad. I've seen scars on people from spider bites.

I ordered something for insect bites because I am always on the go and spend a lot of time outdoors. I had to order three. I keep one in my zipper pouch in my daily bag. One day I read the active ingredient. It is the same thing as baking soda. Live and learn. Maybe it would be good to keep some baking soda in my first aid kit, too, just for bites.

Some spider bites can be really bad. I've seen scars on people from spider bites.

I ordered something for insect bites because I am always on the go and spend a lot of time outdoors. I had to order three. I keep one in my zipper pouch in my daily bag. One day I read the active ingredient. It is the same thing as baking soda. Live and learn. Maybe it would be good to keep some baking soda in my first aid kit, too, just for bites.
Vinegar and tea work great also! I know I've posted this before, but I was bitten by a Black Widow about 12 years ago. I have emotional scars from that one!!😮 WOW, really bad!!

For mosquito bites I use some good thick toothpaste. put a dab on the bite and the itch goes away.
I don't have many mosquitoes here in montana except in the watered garden at about dusk then they sneak up on you before you know it. (our season is short, it's snowing again today).
I have used the toothpaste trick when traveling up north. Even wearing a mosquito head net and staying covered I still would get bites so while traveling I would dab the toothpast on my face and hands. After traveling down the dusty roads I didn't realize how bad I looked to other people when I stopped for gas.....

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzarctic circle 2004.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzarctic circle 2004.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Vinegar and tea work great also! I know I've posted this before, but I was bitten by a Black Widow about 12 years ago. I have emotional scars from that one!!😮 WOW, really bad!!
Never saw that before. Need to do a little more research into this.
I think Leah at 5 acres and a dream has done some research and experimenting with them if I recall correctly.

I used to make mini quiches I muffin tins for parties. I've found that freezing them and pulling out a few for a quick breakfast. You can us a pie crust to line the cups or not. Both taste good to me and eliminating the crust saves a bit of time.

I used to make mini quiches I muffin tins for parties. I've found that freezing them and pulling out a few for a quick breakfast. You can us a pie crust to line the cups or not. Both taste good to me and eliminating the crust saves a bit of time.
My mom did that!!😃♥️

I did that when I was working. Easy to get ready in the morning.

Latest posts

Back