Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just asking because the swelling (edema) can be related to high blood pressure. But you don't have high blood pressure, so, probably not the issue.

I sometimes get swelling in my hands and wrists if exercising or working hard in hot weather. It goes away pretty quick once I get cooled down though. It's called Exercise Induced Edema. Maybe that's what's happening to you...
Thank you for the information though.
Some days my feet, ankles and knees are so swollen it hurts to walk.
Hence the walker comment.
My feet, ankles, knees swell on cooler days, hot as heck days and all days in between.
They also swell whether I exercise or not.

Just got back from my best run since this entire COVID things started.
Shaved over 90 seconds off my previous time.

So far this week.. 2 runs and one ruckmarch... to get to 4 exercises for the week i just need to exercise once in the coming weekend :)

Just did my 4th cardio for the week.
Ruckmarch through hilly terrain. cut 4 minutes of my normal time for this route.

PS: Another good thing.. my left knee stopped hurting..
Up until now when I ran or rucked hard or if I did it on consecutive days my left knee was hurting right as i walked up the stairs to my door.
It was always very very light pain.... sometimes would show up next day...

Still even though it was very very light and barely there...I took it as a warning sign and so been careful in not working legs consecutively unless by exception.
Today absolutely no pain at all.

Last edited:
Chest/shoulders/triceps day:

Military press x4
Shrugs x3
Floor press x4
Lateral delt raise x3
Exercise ball pec squeeze x3
Skullcrushers x2
Close grip bench press x2
Triceps pushdown x2
Farmer's carry x3

I've decided to put more time into my triceps as I believe they are my weak point. I will be working them to exhaustion by doing two different triceps lifts in a row, plus my press movements. If I ever want to really improve my presses, I have to improve my triceps...

Did nothing Monday or Tuesday. Got in a decent run today. Its already Wednesday so I will have to keep on it to get a good week.

Just did my 4th cardio for the week.
Ruckmarch through hilly terrain. cut 4 minutes of my normal time for this route.

PS: Another good thing.. my left knee stopped hurting..
Up until now when I ran or rucked hard or if I did it on consecutive days my left knee was hurting right as i walked up the stairs to my door.
It was always very very light pain.... sometimes would show up next day...

Still even though it was very very light and barely there...I took it as a warning sign and so been careful in not working legs consecutively unless by exception.
Today absolutely no pain at all.

Be caregil Bluez, too much will set you back.

I've ben moving more this week not there yet but woking on it.

Hotel has resistance bands and dumbbells up to 50 lbs so I was able to do:

DB shoulder press x4
Band lateral raise x2
DB skullcrushers x3
DB bench press x4
DB tricep extension x3
Farmer's carry 4 laps (200 ft) x4
Crush grip bench press x2

Not a very intense workout as I'm not mentally focused, Pops is in the hospital and I'm 5 hours away and can't go to him. They wouldn't let me in to see him anyway due to Coronavirus so there's nothing I can do but try to stay occupied here...

Got my tennis shoes (kid size 4) back on.
They feel good for right now.
Have walked, Strawberry has been walked too.
Will be doing exercises indoors as it storming here.
Wall planks, wall push ups, yoga, squats, maybe something else.
According to the Doctor's scales I had gained 4 pounds.
That's coming back off.
I am within 16 pounds of my first goal weight.
Stepping up the pace somewhat.

Been a bit slow with exercise this week.. Just did only my 2nd one of the week and its already Saturday..

Even so it was a good one.. 60 lbs ruckmarch thru the hills FAST

Back/biceps today:

Dumbbell bent over rows x3
Dumbbell curls x3
Dumbbell lawnmower pull row x3
Concentration curls x3
Resistance band seated row x3
Dumbbell reverse flye x3 (I moved this from shoulder day to back day because rows work the rear delt muscle so I thought it fit better here than on shoulder day)

I've gaind some inches around the middle, so is it side muscles I need to work on ?

I'm not a medical expert or physical trainer, I'm not qualified to say, but I'm pretty sure you have to lose weight all over your body. I don't think you can "work on" your middle. But if you work the muscles in your middle, it will look better when you lose the weight.

Thanks Spike. I just need to move more and do weight bearing. I am doing some but in a rut and pulling out of it now but too slow. :Thankyou:

Walked a mile today.
Wrestled Strawberry twice into shower to give her a shower.
Used floor scrubber to clean bathroom tiles.
Don't know if that qualifies as a workout, I don't know what does.gaah:dancing:

Yes showing dogsis considered a workout at least for us.
I have been at it for past couple weeeks already workouts are longer once I got back into the groove.

Have walked little over 3500 steps.
Ran for 5 minutes chasing grand daughter.
Just to hear her squeal, giggle.
We(grand daughter and I) walked the trail in the park .
She walked 1 lap.
I walked 4 laps.
Lifted wash tub(square galvatized wash tub) full of water.
Heaved dirty water at some else's grand children.
So got my workout today.

My first exercise of the week only.. this will be the 2nd "weak week" for me of only 2 good workouts.. at least it stabilizes me..
Had a lot of stuff come up during the time I usually work out.. is why.

Did a nice fast heavy ruck march.

Latest posts

Back