We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Sentry, thread inspired this song that is playing in my head now.

I like Billy Joe Royal met him in 1966 sharp dressed man back then. Had his record and 8 track RIP BIlly.

Got to be one of the biggest ironies of life. Ronny Van Zant writes this song about Gary Rossington to wake him up, and now Gary Rossington is the only original member of the band still alive.

Strange how that worked. Gary isn't in very good health. He's had multiple heart problems the last few years.

That whole thing from the late 70's on has been sad to see. They have always been my favorite band.

One of mine too BacP, dedicated it to my only son years ago. First song he heard coming off ship from Percian Gulf. He said he just smiled and thought to himself " how'd she do this ". But he knows I can get to people. I even talked to his fleet commander [he was really nice he ask me how I got the number, and I said I just called the one I found we tlaked for about 20 minutes,he must have been bored? ]. He said he usually doesn't answer his phone.]. I told him my son is not to take those amtrax shots,he has a touch of exzema.
Son said NEVER ever call ANYONE in his command again,he got in trouble plus called mamas boy for a month. I never called again. Almost went into Navy Hall Of Fame instructing class and made sailor of the year. Wanted to be career but wife said her or Navy.

I could actually SMELL the bayou as I watched this video... I'm getting homesick again...

Some Tom Petty (with his Mudcrutch friends)

I just love swampy blues

Last edited:
I love JJ Cale. He was a giant that nobody ever heard of. This is a short with Eric Clapton. The entire album Road to Escondido is on You Tube. There is also a lengthy You Tube video of JJ Cale and Leon Russell at Paradise Studios. I would highly recommend them both.

I've been listening to him since early 1970s. I like his syle and most of his songs. He was a great song writer.

Last edited:
This little girl really makes beautiful music with an acoustic guitar. She has quite a few on You Tube, but I think this is my favorite.

One hit wonders...good music, but they just never "made it" past that one hit!

LOL, my youngest daughter who is going on 50 likes to sing this song at our get togethers.

The oldest one who is 50 and her husband does a really good job singing the MeatLoaf song together.They really get down at the end of the song.

One hubby does ,
https://youtu.be/pGbRyJjYdPI
ADEtwxP.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back