We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
el_music.png

Something about this heavy metal sound, with the "I love my cat" lyrics, that makes me scratch my head.
Yeah. That's why I found it so amusing. My cousin's ex-husband made Christian heavy metal. All the screaming/headbanging stuff with "Jesus loves you". It was weird. He had a one-man band called Scionica or something.

Tonight, a religious song...in case you need some relaxed inspiration: David Kauffman - Behold

Strangely, I don't necessarily feel like he "has done great things for me" as the lyrics say. Granted, I do believe I have lived a blessed life, and I thank God for that regularly because I think exercising such gratitude makes me a better man...and yet I don't feel like there has been any miraculous intervention on my behalf. I have lived an ordinary life of a man who takes responsibility for his own actions, and who acts accordingly, and therefore finds some success in life...as one who was raised by a father and mother who lived their lives in that same fashion, and who encouraged me to be better than they were. That seems to be an ordinary thing to me (but it is not for some, I suppose)...and yet (so?) I appreciate it so much. Nonetheless, I love this song which seems to reference divine help. Religion is a strange thing, and although I try to be religious, I don't think I've figured it all out.

Last edited:
@Amish Heart Kansas in Kansas. I’d love to, that would take a lot of planning!!
@Bacpacker the current line up I’m not too sure of as age is catching up to some of the members of Kansas and wanting a change of pace for others. You know Ragsdale (violin) left and was quickly replaced. Richard, on bass guitar I think, had a health shake up in Amarillo a few months ago, Billy Greer’s wife passed a few months ago then he had a major health issue, that was very recently.
They just announced that Zak Rizvi is rejoining the band. He’s written a lot of great music on a couple of the later albums.
I love it that the drummer holds it together but he too had a recent health issue and they have a great substitute drummer. I follow them on freak book, that’s how I know. 🧐🙄🥱💥

Why do you love Putin? He is doing something terrible to Ukraine right now. Are you just hopeful that he will restore the USSR?
...I think she's been drinking with Wingnut :rolleyes:.

@Amish Heart Kansas in Kansas. I’d love to, that would take a lot of planning!!
@Bacpacker the current line up I’m not too sure of as age is catching up to some of the members of Kansas and wanting a change of pace for others. You know Ragsdale (violin) left and was quickly replaced. Richard, on bass guitar I think, had a health shake up in Amarillo a few months ago, Billy Greer’s wife passed a few months ago then he had a major health issue, that was very recently.
They just announced that Zak Rizvi is rejoining the band. He’s written a lot of great music on a couple of the later albums.
I love it that the drummer holds it together but he too had a recent health issue and they have a great substitute drummer. I follow them on freak book, that’s how I know. 🧐🙄🥱💥
Kansas has a place on my list of favorite bands. I've never been a huge 'concert goer' but I bought tickets when they touring in the late 80s. It was canceled due to an illness in the band.

I see them as being underrated or not receiving due recognition. This is an interesting read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_(band)

Kansas has a place on my list of favorite bands. I've never been a huge 'concert goer' but I bought tickets when they touring in the late 80s. It was canceled due to an illness in the band.

I see them as being underrated or not receiving due recognition. This is an interesting read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_(band)

They never got super group status. But IMO they were a highly talented group that worked their buttons off to ever get a first chance. I still love listening to Dust in the Wind and Leftoverture albums

Latest posts

Back