Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was warm today, even worked up a good sweat finishing the work in my pole barn, close to 60 if not over.

Saturday I'll be in the same tornado zone as Jim. The time frame is about 10hrs later.

I hate december tornadoes... they're tricky, don't behave like spring tornadoes, less predictable. But, they can be just as deadly! A buddy lost his house 16dec of 2000, 11 people died in that storm.

First snow of the season is predicted for tomorrow. I heard that if we wake up in the morning and there is no snow, we will have broken all records for the latest first snow. According to the weather app on my phone, snow is supposed to start at 5 in the morning, so we will likely not break the record.

Foggy here this morning... warm air from the gulf is pouring north... not a good thing, means bad weather is on the way.

spiders 10dec 3a.JPG

Foggy here this morning... warm air from the gulf is pouring north... not a good thing, means bad weather is on the way.

View attachment 76937
A lot of places under the gun for very bad weather!! It was soupy here this morning but looks like any bad weather will be well East!

Wife just got a call from her doctor.
She's calling in some antibiotics. Told to drink lots of liquids.
She feels just fine, just can't get rid of a persistent cough.

3rd time in 2 years she tested positive. Thankful she is doing well , may be some truth to the vaccine helping.

Or as we thought, it's just a head cold that went into bronchitis , for the 1000th time in her life.🤔

I'm too busy and ornery to get it😉😊. You know as old as we are, we still sleep together ....and kiss a little.🤭

Jim

We got a dusting of snow here this morning. Could use a broom to clear it rather than needing a shovel. So that equates to about 1/2 inch of accumulation. Mostly melted away now. Alexa says it is 33 degrees outside now (lunchtime), but it feels much warmer. Don't really need a jacket unless you're planning to be outside for a while.

It's overcast and 75 freaking degrees in the Ozarks!
We are on our 5th day in a row of complete overcast. Unusual for here.
But it is a comfy 79° outside. My kind of winter!:woo hoo:
Oh, I forgot the required panic: "It's the global-warming that will kill us all!"gaah

Last edited:
It's gonna be a long night.

3 tornadoes have been spotted within 30 miles of me.

All the big ones are coming out of Arkansas heading right up our way.

Our local weather guys will be live all night watching fo us.

Jim
Well ya'll need to be LIVE all night! We check A LOT all night, you let us know what's going on, PLEASE Jim!!!

What do you do when you know you can't stay awake but tornadoes and severe winds are expected all night? Have you ever gone ahead and gone to your shelter area for the night? How's the radio reception underground?
Storms will keep me up no matter what, never take my eyes off them!! Good weather radios are the best!!

Latest posts

Back