Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1639234274136.jpg
FB_IMG_1639234257850.jpg
FB_IMG_1639234282254.jpg
FB_IMG_1639234236713.jpg
FB_IMG_1639234246758.jpg
FB_IMG_1639234311799.jpg
FB_IMG_1639234265574.jpg

I just seen an aerial view of Mayfield...it's gone.
Trying to load a pic.

Jim

We have been hearing news that today was supposed to have hurricane force winds and to plan accordingly. I got up and everything was still and calm and the sky was mostly clear. I left the house to pick up the first dog at 7:30. Dog owner said this must be the calm before the storm. We were at the dog park and I could see clouds rolling in quickly. At 8:00 it hit. The wind was so strong and carrying so much debris that it was blinding. The dog was terrified and when I headed to the gate to leave, she ran there ahead of me. By the time we made the short walk to the car it was raining and sleeting. I took her home and everyone else has cancelled for today, thankfully! I had talked to all of them on Monday about this prediction, so everyone could be mentally prepared for this impending storm. I am home wiping the grit out of the corner of my eyes. Temperature was around 45 earlier, 39 degrees now. There were branches down in several places on my way home.

Meanwhile in Alaska...

1639587476133.png

We have been hearing news that today was supposed to have hurricane force winds and to plan accordingly.
Yeah, they're bad here just north of you too. We took the trampoline down yesterday after hearing the forecast. The kids moved out long ago, and that old tramp has just been a shaded storage covering. Figured it was time to get rid of it anyway, before the wind took it. I don't think the wind will get that strong here. That tramp was heavy. Two of us couldn't lift or drag it - we had to disassemble it in place. That's what you get for buying a super heavy duty Binford 6100 trampoline.

Oh come on, it's REALLY that size!!

When it's -21 and almost 80% humidity strange things happen to tools.

I'm speaking of chain saws, of course. ;)

Cold, minus 30 c, glad I plowed snow yesterday all I did outside today was feed critters and firewood.

WIND, WIND, WIND!! Wind advisory here in N Tx today, already had 48mph gusts on my home weather station!!

You sent it our way, Pearl. It was crazy windy last night and it warmed up considerably. Ideal tornado weather.

It is a balmy minus 12 c this morning, 10 F yesterday as mentioned was minus 30 c , 22 below F, with no apparent weather system change, but we get big swings in this part of the world.

The official forecast says we should warm up. Its -6F with wind chill at -31. Humidity is at near 80% so the moisture adds to the chill.

I hope the forecast is correct as I want it a bit warmer before I go out and tackle those snow drifts. Otherwise I’ll be a big chilly today

Latest posts

Back