Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - Tuesday's morning commute was interrupted by multiple tornado warnings in the eastern parts of the metro.
The tornado-warned storms cropped up along the line as it made its way northeast through the metro from as south as Lake Thunderbird in Cleveland County and as north as eastern Edmond.
One area of spin-up was spotted near Lake Thunderbird in Cleveland County, and the other was spotted by News 9 StormTrackers Val and Amy Castor near Interstates 44 and 35."
http://www.newson6.com/story/39256610/storms-producing-tornadoes-across-part-of-oklahoma-city-metro

Its raining..which is great really..we need it. I'm ready for winter. Ive been non stop on the projects this year since I could get a post hole digger in the ground. So other than shoveling snow..Im really looking forward to the weather forcing me to stop the outdoor projects for awhile. I have indoor projects I plan to do, small stuff and deep cleaning and any leftover energy will be reserved for gym time.
I have a few bales of hay out for a few goats I didn't tarp well I discovered this am. I don't want my doe getting preggers with the buck yet so her and a buddie are in another field and my tarp tying down job was half a fail. good thing it is only a few bales. they will still eat it but it was my intention to keep a dry meal for them.

We have hurricane Micheal heading for land fall. I don't know if any one else has noticed... but hurricanes have a certain smell. I smell hurricane on the air tonight. It's starting to get breezy. Shouldn't affect me that much, some rain. It's supposed to veer northeast rapidly....

This is getting bad… as of 5am eastern time Michael is a cat 4 and growing. This just got plain ugly… People are going to get bad hurt, hope no one dies.

Clarification… Yes, you can smell a hurricane. Out where the big ones roll the salt air has a peculiar smell. The beach is a watered-down version of that scent.

As a civilian I spent a few years at sea, then I spent 6 years in the Navy. I’m more than familiar with how deep-water air smells, 500 miles from land. Currently, I’m more than 300 miles inland from this storm and the Caribbean Sea… Yet I can smell deep ocean salt air tonight!

Only a big cane can blow salt air this far inland… Prayin’ for those SE of me… :(

We have hurricane Micheal heading for land fall. I don't know if any one else has noticed... but hurricanes have a certain smell. I smell hurricane on the air tonight. It's starting to get breezy. Shouldn't affect me that much, some rain. It's supposed to veer northeast rapidly....
I never heard that but don't doubt it at all, very interesting thanks! I bet its the same sense of... smell radar (?) like when it smells like snow is comming

I saw my first snow today that I have seen in months. It was 90+ degrees in April. I don't think I have ever been so happy to see it snow in my whole life. Of course, where I am at, there is not much sticking. It is melting as it hits the ground. Currently 37 degrees here.

first snow on the mountains around here happened last Friday. It all stuck and more has been added with the little bit of precip we had. Today and next few days are forcast to be sunny but cool . Fine hot spring and hot wood stove weather.
I'm looking forward to hear from Meerkat to get the downlow..hope she is ok too

I was wrong... I remembered a post Meerkat made about camping and fishing.

Fishing In Rivers, Lakes and Bays

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Trapping' started by Meerkat, Apr 1, 2018.

"We use to go here and camp with the kids and grandkids and couple years ago great grandkids. It is a nice little place in the woods on river and springs."

The place...

https://www.ellieraysrvresort.com/

It's on the Suwannee River, near a town named Bradford Fl. Draw a line from Jacksonville FL to Tallahassee Fl, about halfway... then down about 40 miles. That's where she used to take the kids, grandkids etc.

If you take the kids fishing you don't drive 2 hours, maybe 30 or 40 minutes... That puts Meerkat out of the Hurricane Michael blast zone but she probably got heavy rains... might be without power.

Maybe she will log in soon.:)

I found a map that shows power outages in Florida with county lines on it, but not being certain of where she lives...
She's resourceful, keep on praying for them.
We're going to have rain for the next 10 days I think. Raining now, chilly to me. 60s.

Latest posts

Back