Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed us by on the East! No winds at all, just getting some rain, which is needed!

@timmie may be without electricity, about 20K people are without in the lower half of the state. The rain bands got here about daylight. I've been getting heavy rain bands the last two hours.

There is another major hurricane already churning int the mid Atlantic (Florence). It's headed for Bermuda, probably hit the east coast in 10 or 12 days.

I spent a week in Tacoma, WA and it was warm. Returned to Houston and it was really warm. Drove to Ohio via Arkansas, Misseri, Illinois and Indiana. Rained hard in Illy, I was doing PT at a rest area and afterward I didn't need to shower nor launder. I am in Michichigan and it is cold! 68 degrees. I'm used to 102 degrees at 90% humidity. How can people survive in weather under 60 degrees? That's inhumane.

Good day today with 12 mm of rain overnight and into this morning which should dampen down the dust somewhat here from the drought. Our water tanks are now totally full and we pulled out our fruit trees and vegetable seed plantings in pots out into the rain yesterday afternoon. Currently it is 23 oc at 3.34 pm in the afternoon and we had a minimum of 7 oc this morning and currently we have 50% humidity.

Today's weather high of 87 with RealFeel 97. (RealFeel is a new term here) Some sun, a t-storm in spots.

Topical Storm Florence due to become a major hurricane according to our weatherperson this am.

Well, after we sweated to death in the triple digit heat index all this week working on the house, it is now cloudy, nice and cool with a wonderful breeze and rainy ( occasionally).
Right now its 63 but has a "feels like" of 59
Its supposed to get to 67 with a "real feel" of 65.

I'll take it! lol

Apparently its going to be cool and rainy most of the coming week. I'm guessing it has to do with gordon and flo.

I'm ready for cooler weather and then winter. I've never been able to "do" summer

It got wetter here last. It's about to get even wetterand just to make things more interesting. Power has been off since 3:40 this morning.. And it looks like it won't be back on until after 12:30pm.thank goodness for my 8 cup percolator and gas stove.

P.s.edit..power came back on,at 11:50am

Last edited:
It got wetter here last. It's about to get even wetterand just to make things more interesting. Power has been off since 3:40 this morning.. And it looks like it won't be back on until after 12:30pm.thank goodness for my 8 cup percolator and gas stove.

P.s.edit..power came back on,at 11:50am

I will never go without a gas stove again. They're a life saver lol
Gas grills also.
Didn't have either back in the early 80's and had power go out for days. Didn't have a generator either. We were young and dumb lol
Now we have both but I still will not go back to electric stoves

Rain here again today. By the looks of the radar map it must be gordon coming by now. Huge swath of rain from the coast back to Illinois. We've been under flash flood warning for 2 days now and counting

Over 3 inches of rain in the last 24 hours, and it's still coming down.
Thats what we have and its still coming down steady here also.
I have to dig out my wet weather boots lol
They're great for rain and they have an insert for snow to keep your feet warm.
They're very girly, pink and white lol

florence looks to impact the east coast with a lot of wind and rain
and depending on how far she comes into the coast we'll be on the backside and get the rain and wind too

Nine days in the 90s in September in Colorado. Last night on the weather, they used the S word, snow! It won't be this week, as we are supposed to now be in the 80s for a few days, but in a week or so, there may be the chance of snow.

Get ready! I got new tires last week, because if you wait for the actual snow, you will have a very long wait, or you might spin out in the snow. Procrastination reigns! One time there was a big pile up on the way to the mountains. 19 out of 22 cars had tires that were inadequate.

Evidently the Farmer's almanac is predicting a rough winter.

Highs have been in the low to mid 70s here with the overnight lows in the low to mid 50s. Summer is gone and fall is here. Next month, October, the rain will come but only in moderate levels. That is one of the things I really like about this area, we get all four seasons.

Last edited:
Highs have been in the low to mid 70s here with the overnight lows in the low to mid 50s. Summer is gone and fall is here. Next month, October, the rain will come but only in moderate levels. That is one of the things I really like about this area, we get all three seasons.
One of the signs of fall in Colorado is the aspens turning golden. It is a THING that people drive to the mountains to see. We are in that mode.
aspen-1280x768.jpg

Latest posts

Back