Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forecast low of 38* F tonight, no need to cover the fruit trees & blackberry vine. At least 40% chance of rain tomorrow, which suits me fine... I can work on that thread manana, since I didn't get to it today. Funny how these 'town runs' always put me in 'recovery mode.' :confused:

Near 70° today, but very windy!! Looks like several nice days finally!
We're gonna be in the 70's for the next week, my kind of winter! :woo hoo:

For quite awhile we had single didgets and below with 3-4 feet of snow on the ground. Then it started warming up on Christmas day and had freezing rain, then it hit 43 degrees and we got almost 3" of rain. We're down to only about 2-3 feet of snow now and are in the teens. Typical winter weather.

Mostly sunny, and the high will probably reach the 60s today... no rain yesterday or last night, so I'll probably have to water later today. Rain in the forecast for New Year's Day, so hopefully we get some, I have no plans to go out on that day. :rolleyes:

I think that cold snap damaged my outdoor sensor
1672336647062.png

Beautiful day, 76° but fierce winds.
We are actually under a "wind advisory" (over 40mph):dunno:.
Well, I figured out why the winds were so strong, they were pulling a heavy load...
2.29" of rain at 4am! :oops:
There was no sleeping after the loud Boom-Booms started...I need a nap :confused:.

Last edited:
So it's really shite weather as they say here. Lashing rain, roads are flooding in odd places, there's also heavy fog and they are giving lightning warnings for later?! I'm in my attic workroom, and can normally see fields; today it's just murkey grey.
WIN_20221231_12_51_37_Pro.jpg

It was 75° over here today. Beautiful, until people started playing rap music while my neighbor was outside trying to watch a ball game. So I topped it with Stevie Ray Vaughan. Next time I'll have to take my other music blaster out. That's how nice the weather was. :p
65° right now, will get down to a brisk 62 tonight.
Supposed to get some rain tomorrow morning while the rest of the metro area and to the east will be facing severe storms, hail, tornadoes, the usual.

The weather in this area looks quite nice "Relatively" speaking. Upper twenties to upper thirties, and no snow or rain. For mid-winter this is a delightful wonderland weather.

Latest posts

Back