Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful sunny day here, I was tempted to put the seedlings in the ground today but there was still ice in the birdbaths this morning... too bad, it would've been a nice day for planting, but that's okay, there'll be others. I did get some yard work done, so that's a big plus. Very nice spring weather, hopefully the last of the freezing nights will soon go away, and I can get the planting done... I'm beginning to think April is the magic month for planting here in the high desert. :cool:

Just saw the weather report... Storms possible until 3am... again... again. I might a thunderstorm but severe weather should be south of me. But this is nado season, anything is possible.

I got about an inch of rain last night, less than I thought.

Half inch of rain yesterday. Howling, crazy winds all afternoon and through the night, thankfully they've calmed down now. Got to 48 today, supposed to rain/snow tonight. So sorry to see the death and destruction from the severe weather down south.

I agree, @Heartbroken . The one town was knocked off the map, the mayor said. I read the tornado went from that town near the western Mississippi border, all the way across the state, was on the ground for an hour. Today Georgia was hit. Hope @Magus is okay.
Makes me mad and frustrated when f e m a says they'll be there and then the homeless are still homeless. I hope the red cross can help better. I know my church answers worldwide to disasters like this. I know so many other churches do as well. It is the worst to have so many catastrophic disasters all over the world all the time now.

I agree, @Heartbroken .
I read the tornado went from that town near the western Mississippi border, all the way across the state, was on the ground for an hour.

I was watching it on radar. It literally got to the alabama state line and fell apart. It was north of me and going ENE into the TN valley. A short time later the remnants of the storm spawned 3 more tornadoes here in bama. They were small and short lived thankfully.

BTW, how do we put the little degree circle in when we are typing, or is that cut and paste?
It is not cut and paste.
If you are on a PC, you have to go to the 'character map' which is a hassle.
On an Android device, you have 4 keyboards to toggle thru:
Letters, capital letters, numbers and associated characters, and the 4th one with special characters: ~¢π©®°✓∆, and others.

Last edited:
It is starting to warm up.

1679923911027.png

Photos below taken two days ago...
1679923983846.png

1679923999539.png

It is not cut and paste.
If you are on a PC, you have to go to the 'character map' which is a hassle.
On an Android device, you have 4 keyboards to toggle thru:
Letters, capital letters, numbers and associated characters, and the 4th one with special characters: ~¢π©®°✓∆, and others.

On my computer, just press the ALT button, while keeping it pressed, type 167. ººº
Thank you both. I will work on it. (I tried, I need more practice. I am on my Dell laptop.

Woke up to a skiff of snow this morning. I went to feed the neighbor's cat. They have a patio that is poured, stamped, and stained and it was so slick.
It is currently 24 degrees.

What is the last frost date for your area. Ours is 3rd week of April. Those are just averages, but generally are in the ball park
Last year it was May & I lost all my Blueberries.
Black berries did fine.

Another cold one for us. But, it is sunny! Our lakes have about a three foot layer of ice. If you search the internet, you can find videos of entire houses being moved across lakes during the winter. The houses may be being moved to an island, or to a side of a lake where there are roads that will make the rest of the move to or from the new house location easier.

1680094510903.png

Latest posts

Back