Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring is not here yet. Forecast is 5 to 11" for us. (that's on top of the 2 or so feet currently on the ground).
1680540895578.png

Snowing here...last few storms even closed some of our ski resorts as you can see from the lifts picture below. Our resorts are pushing over 800 inches of snow this winter...
1680544165282.png

It's been snowing here almost everyday for weeks. There's only been a few days this winter where we could drive out our driveway. Our driveway is drifted over in most places, and the snow is over the top of our fences.
It's going to be tight for us this spring if we can't get out soon. We're down to 40 gallons of diesel, about the same for gasoline and maybe 2 weeks of firewood left. The snow is too deep to plow with my tractor, no place to put it, and one of the tracks on the SxS is broken. I've got a part on order for it. The snow is drifted too deep for the snow blower anyway.
Fortunately we have plenty of food and propane for the house.
Today's high was 31 and the sun came out for awhile. Maybe it'll start melting soon. The next storm is due on Thursday.

It's been snowing here almost everyday for weeks. There's only been a few days this winter where we could drive out our driveway. Our driveway is drifted over in most places, and the snow is over the top of our fences.
It's going to be tight for us this spring if we can't get out soon. We're down to 40 gallons of diesel, about the same for gasoline and maybe 2 weeks of firewood left. The snow is too deep to plow with my tractor, no place to put it, and one of the tracks on the SxS is broken. I've got a part on order for it. The snow is drifted too deep for the snow blower anyway.
Fortunately we have plenty of food and propane for the house.
Today's high was 31 and the sun came out for awhile. Maybe it'll start melting soon. The next storm is due on Thursday.
Wow! I was thinking about you two! Was glad to see your post, but after reading and reading it to Hubby and we are trying to figure out how to help. I will pm you.

maybe 2 weeks of firewood left.
Bet you will never be that situation again.

My parents are in the same boat. I've never been able to convince them that it costs the same to have a few years of firewood stocked up as it does to buy it one year at a time.

We got another inch today. Never had more than a foot on the ground all winter, but its never been less than a inch in the last six months.

Bet you will never be that situation again.

My parents are in the same boat. I've never been able to convince them that it costs the same to have a few years of firewood stocked up as it does to buy it one year at a time.

We got another inch today. Never had more than a foot on the ground all winter, but its never been less than a inch in the last six months.
Normally we have a lot of firewood left over, but this winter was extra cold. We've been burning the wood stove 24/7 since October.
It's hard to tell because of the drifting, but I guess we have 3 to 5 feet on the ground right now. It snowed again last night.

We didn't see any real snow here this year, I kind of miss it... In fact we have not had a heavy snowfall in the last 5 years... I can remember many 3' plus snows in the years before, but the last few years have just been cold rainy winters.

It will get up to 79F today and we are expecting 80s for the rest of the week...

Latest posts

Back