Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another cold one for us. But, it is sunny! Our lakes have about a three foot layer of ice. If you search the internet, you can find videos of entire houses being moved across lakes during the winter. The houses may be being moved to an island, or to a side of a lake where there are roads that will make the rest of the move to or from the new house location easier.

View attachment 106181
I've seen some videos of that! 😮😮😮

Last year it was May & I lost all my Blueberries.
Black berries did fine.
Our got hit last year as well. Made me sick. We still had some, but less than a third of normal. We had a hard freeze for several days last week. I was afraid our had gotten bit again. But apparently not. Today I saw tons of blooms and even some tiny little berries on some plants.

It was upper 50's and blue skies today. Not much wind either. It's been really windy the past month or better.

Overcast, a few light showers this morning. Bad storms coming late tonight. Of course they are after midnight. I'm in the 3/5 risk zone but storms seem to be tracking north this spring. Not good for the TN valley, good for me though.

Prime tornado weather for the next week, tis the season!

Watching the weather channel... super cells popping up from arkansas to Illinois. A small tornado went through north little rock ak, maybe an ef2.

Super cell stacking is occurring. super cells following the same track as the one before it.

Edit to add, these cells are screaming by at 50mph, a very good thing. When super cells slow down to 20/30mph, people start dying. I'm referring to ground speed.

Last edited:
Watching the weather channel... super cells popping up from arkansas to Illinois. A small tornado went through north little rock ak, maybe an ef2.

Super cell stacking is occurring. super cells following the same track as the one before it.

Edit to add, these cells are screaming by at 50mph, a very good thing. When super cells slow down to 25/30mph, people start dying. I'm referring to ground speed.
Been watching the clouds haulinass north at 150mph overhead all day.
...Looked like they were late for some party.:rolleyes:

The temps may not seem bad, but the wind gusts are horrible! I am wearing three layers of tops and so cold. The wind was blinding with all the dust in the air.

Haha, Weedy, I made the mistake of removing my sunglasses before I stepped out of 'The Mighty Camry' yesterday to refuel at the service station, and a powerful gust hit and just COATED my eyeballs with dust... it was something between 'TRUE GRIT' and 40 Grit, lol. I usually take off my shades so I can see the card reader a little better, but it was a mistake to remove them yesterday. The grit lasted for a couple hours too... stayed with me due to my charming personality, lol. ;)

...Looked like they were late for some party.:rolleyes:

Haha, Supe, you funneh... :cool:

Warm, muggy night here. Wind still streaming up from the gulf, saturated with water. About 4hrs before the storms get to me. They seem to have quietened, at least the southern half. Looks like the bad stuff will be in the ohio valley tonight.

Warm, muggy night here. Wind still streaming up from the gulf, saturated with water. About 4hrs before the storms get to me. They seem to have quietened, at least the southern half. Looks like the bad stuff will be in the ohio valley tonight.
We soak 'em up real good before we ship them up there. :D :thumbs:

weather here in west central missouri today was CRAZY , tornado warning and seriously high winds, for this area (and this may sound crazy) it was picking up yards full of leaves (that were cemented to the ground from winter) and blowing them every which way!) i actually had not see that before, and we have a LOT of high winds, prayers to anyone hit by tornadoes today!

The temps may not seem bad, but the wind gusts are horrible! I am wearing three layers of tops and so cold. The wind was blinding with all the dust in the air.
Blowing dust here too, 40mph+ winds!! All died down now🙂! 83°, was choppy waters on the pool float!😮😉😃

Haha, Weedy, I made the mistake of removing my sunglasses before I stepped out of 'The Mighty Camry' yesterday to refuel at the service station, and a powerful gust hit and just COATED my eyeballs with dust... it was something between 'TRUE GRIT' and 40 Grit, lol. I usually take off my shades so I can see the card reader a little better, but it was a mistake to remove them yesterday. The grit lasted for a couple hours too... stayed with me due to my charming personality, lol. ;)

Haha, Supe, you funneh... :cool:
I identify with True Grit!!😉

weather here in west central missouri today was CRAZY , tornado warning and seriously high winds, for this area (and this may sound crazy) it was picking up yards full of leaves (that were cemented to the ground from winter) and blowing them every which way!) i actually had not see that before, and we have a LOT of high winds, prayers to anyone hit by tornadoes today!
Glad you are safe! The weather sure is crazy this spring!!

Skywarn just went active, it's gonna be a long noisy night.

1680322331922.png

Tornado watch just issued for my county... until 7am. pretty much the northern half of the state. Yep, gonna be a long night, took a siesta this afternoon on purpose.

The good news, I'm near the southern edge of the watch area. But still have my boots on just in case.

First tornado warning near me just issued. The storm line is SW to NE. This warning is north of me. but...

the storm dragging behind is going to cross uncomfortably close, in my county. but I still have another hour to wait before knowing, about 3am.

Latest posts

Back