Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another duplicate post. Sorry about this.
I have been getting errors when replying to messages.
Not sure why. I'll try to capture the code I think it was 505 server error maybe.
Naa, it happens every night between 10:00PM and 10:10PM CST.
Kinda like when they change the TP rolls in the restrooms:rolleyes:.

The temp on my porch is 100 and thats in partial shade and behind a shade cloth that cuts 50% of UV rays. The weather man says the temp is 96 as of 15 minutes ago and the heat index is 100 degree... I think its higher where I live, maybe 105/6. How can I be sure? I've been out in the heat the last 2 hours working on a project to post here... Sometimes I wonder about me! o_O

And my scheduling could use some improvement. :rolleyes:

Actually it's 96
FB_IMG_1569805362763.jpg

Jim

On the way home a couple days ago, coming through Canada, I ran through a light snow for an hour or two. You know, the first snow of the year, where it hits the road and instantly melts. 44℉ here at 11A. Jim come on up in a month and you can help me shovel snow.:ghostly:

Its great during the day but I'm not fond of being cold. It actually got up to 75° but is supposed to be 40° tonight.
I'm worse.
My arthritic joints love the 90's:D. People pay good money to go sit in a sauna, I just go for a walk:p. It's free!
I can survive people complaining about 'boob-sweat' and a river of sweat running down thru the 'Grand-Canyon' between their buttcheeks a lot easier than I can temps below 60°F.
Fortunately "winter" only lasts about 2 months here, and fall is only about 2 weeks:).

I can survive people complaining about 'boob-sweat' and a river of sweat running down thru the 'Grand-Canyon' between their buttcheeks a lot easier than I can temps below 60°F.

Super, that is just wrong! Ain't nobody wants to see that! Well, I guess as sick as some people are....maybe there are a few????? :)

Super, that is just wrong! Ain't nobody wants to see that! Well, I guess as sick as some people are....maybe there are a few????? :)
I just said I could survive the complaining.
Anything over 80°F in my book is:great:.

Update... the weather man just said the actual temp in Birmingham today was 103... That means my temp was about 4 degrees higher! I didn't have on my glasses when I checked my thermometer on the porch. I could tell it was over 100... It was to hot to look closely.

103 broke a record that has stood since 1904.

It's hot here!

103 on my porch in the shade at 2:53pm.

A few minutes ago I went to the dollar store. At the self-serve car wash at the edge of the parking lot was a man and woman with horses in a covered trailer... They were soaking them down with water from the car wash. I asked... they said they had already stopped at 3 car wash booths today but had only 200 miles to go. A farmer I know heard this and offered them a 55 gallon drum and the water to go in it. They thanked him but turned him down. Said they thought they could make their destination stopping a car washes.

I'd have taken the offer just in case, blow out a couple tires on that trailer and they'll be looking for a barn with water.

Of course had it been me I’d have never left Missouri in this kind of heat without 4 or 5 extra drums of water. There was plenty of room in that trailer.

Last edited:
Back