Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its cool here, y'all are baking and up north just had a blizzard. Crazy weather!!
Well I don't know if 'global-warming' is real or not, but I'm willing to donate to keep it:D:green man:

First… dark things appeared in the sky! Then there were terrifying booming sounds! After that everything started to get wet! EEEK! Run and hide! :pickup:

Rain 1_v3.jpg
Rain 2_v3.jpg

After 42 days it seems like a new experience!

Glad for you Timmie! I know you needed rain as badly as I did.

I got another .31 this morning. That's a total of .94 inches for this event, close enough to an inch for me. I'll take it!

@Bacpacker I like this National Weather Service approved rain gauge you told me about. It's nice to be able to measure down to 1/100th of an inch!

Last edited:
It was 77 here today, a little rain in different spots around the area. 0.0 at the house.
For every one of the last four days....
The sky grew dark,
huge black clouds gathered around,
the wind blew fiercely,
lightening danced across the sky all around us,
the roar of thunder was deafening and continuous,

and then the sun came back out:cool:.

The good news: won't have to mow for another week:D.
The forecast for Thursday has been updated and keeps changing a degree or two, but the last time I looked, 16 degrees is predicted and 2 to 4 inches of snow.
I sure hope you mean 16 degrees C:eek:.

For every one of the last four days....
The sky grew dark,
huge black clouds gathered around,
the wind blew fiercely,
lightening danced across the sky all around us,
the roar of thunder was deafening and continuous,

and then the sun came back out:cool:.

The good news: won't have to mow for another week:D.

It's been a month since I mowed last. All I could mow right now would be to knock the tops off weeds. Grass is crunchy right now. It's been dark cloudy the last 2 days, but no storms.

It's been a month since I mowed last. All I could mow right now would be to knock the tops off weeds. Grass is crunchy right now. It's been dark cloudy the last 2 days, but no storms.
If we can go more than a week between mowings, we are happy:).

But then again, we do have a tendency to overwater a bit:rolleyes::
img_3146-jpg.22967

August, you know, the dry month.

Last edited:

Nope, Fahrenheit. It has been another hot Colorado summer. I was looking forward to some cool fall time, but it seems there is little fall time. It seems we are almost jumping from summer to freezing winter. I did hear it would be in the 60's in a couple days. That is how it works in Colorado.

Latest posts

Back