Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presently our outside temperature is 17 times higher then what we had this morning.

21 deg.

Snowing.

How much , nobody knows.

Jim

Jim, Didn't you post about this is a family orientated forum and four letter words (especially those starting with a "S") were not permitted? :D

Presently our outside temperature is 17 times higher then what we had this morning.

Jim, Didn't you post about this is a family orientated forum and four letter words (especially those starting with a "S") were not permitted? :D
I hope that is not Kelvin

Ben

Sorry it just slipped.

I admit , it may happen again ,

Jim🙄

I'm still on the edge of this front... I got a dusting of snow about 4pm. At 5pm it was snowing, sleeting and raining at the same time. I didn't know whether to put on snowshoes, ice skates or muck boots when I fed the chickens.

The weatherman just said warm air from the gulf is moving in and pushing the snow line away from me, by 50 miles or so.

The weather radar looks like there was an accident at the paint store. Thunderstorms, lighting, snow and ice!

wacky.png

At sundown it was 34 on my porch. It's 39 now. I think it'll make it into the 40's before morning. 60 miles away they had 4 inches of snow since dark. Wacky weather in these parts.

They just showed a WM parking lot just north of here on tv. One corner had snow, the rest standing water.

Last edited:
We are swinging from minus temps at night to plus temps daily. Had to keep the smokehouse going at night getting up every hour and getting the blower going shortly. Come to find out that the sawdust for smoking WAS DAMP. No wonder it would not keep going. The coals lasted long but the smoke would not. Getting out of a warm bed into cold clothes and then into the cold yard every hour takes the energy out of you. Then trying to get back into bed without waking the wife with my shiiiiiiiivering bum next to her. But happy with the results, it will last a few weeks till the meat is finished but it will taste good...Gary
smoked.JPG

We are swinging from minus temps at night to plus temps daily. Had to keep the smokehouse going at night getting up every hour and getting the blower going shortly. Come to find out that the sawdust for smoking WAS DAMP. No wonder it would not keep going. The coals lasted long but the smoke would not. Getting out of a warm bed into cold clothes and then into the cold yard every hour takes the energy out of you. Then trying to get back into bed without waking the wife with my shiiiiiiiivering bum next to her. But happy with the results, it will last a few weeks till the meat is finished but it will taste good...Gary
View attachment 59542
You can't post pics like that without sharing... lol

I remember grandpa sitting at the table for hours stuffing casings. Us grandkids took turns cranking the grinder for him.

He would also grab chunks of that bacon and slap it on a piece of rye bread. No further cooking required.

Pretty blue sky and temps climbing toward 50. Maybe some rain this afternoon.

Mid 40's to mid 50's for the next week with lows in the high 30's to high 40's. Rain off and on. Sounds like spring. :)

Latest posts

Back