Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
66 at midnight, 70+ this morning. Bad weather is supposed to start in about an hour. Tornadoes, lightening, rain and wind.

Should be clear by midnight... So for the rest of the day I plan to batten down the hatches and try to stay dry. Plan B is the same as plan A but with the generator running.

Rained hard last night and the power went out. Don't know if a tree fell or if a transformer got hit by lightning or what. Just know it was out for a few hours and it was miserable. Been in the high 70s even at night. 76°F right now and very muggy. Been raining off and on but the moisture is hanging in the air even when its not raining. Skies are gray.

Yep, it's raining now... Keep losing satellite tv and internet due to cloud cover.

rain  2023-01-03 12-53-06.jpg

Yesterday morning, it snowed then the sun came out as it was snowing - melted the snow and turned gray.
This morning beautiful big fluffy flakes then gray, now high clouds and blue skies though the sun in sinking low.
Chilly - low 30s for the highs.

I hate waiting for storms. They're still about an hour away. Should be over by 1am cst. Tornados are possible but I doubt it, too cool out for big storms. They'll be south of me, nws has that risk zone mapped and labeled.

Might be isolated quick spinners here, small, ef1 or 0. Probably just lot of lightening, gusty winds. Nothing serious.

Has snappy posted? She was in the storms earlier, may still be.

Beautiful day yesterday with bright sun and no precip. High for the day about 25, Looking for another bright and beautiful day today. The chicken house is 30 degrees on my remote thermometer right now so the girls should be happy and ready to lay at daybreak.
I can always tell how much sun we have on a day, my various solar lights stay lit all night on a good sun day.

Made it through last night's storms, no worries. Crews are out assessing storm damage. A few thousand are without power, downed lines. Don't know of a tornado yet. There was some storms down near Montgomery that did a lot of damage.

60 degrees and the sun is shining this morning. Temps in the 60's for the next few days, 30's at night.

10:00 A.M. and it is 42 degrees.

It is another day that I will chip away at the thick layers of ice at entrances to two different dog parks. It is so thick now, that I take my flat nosed spade to break up pieces to remove. One dog entrance was so iced up that the gates barely opened. With help, we made progress yesterday, but it took quite a while just to be able to open the gates to a decent opening.

Gonna be a blustery day here... I think I'll water the trees pronto before the wind really picks up this afternoon. Good day to stay indoors and cook a big ol' batch of homemade hot & spicy chicken burrito mix! The 55* F temp isn't bad, it's warm compared to what we went through a while ago, but wind is the big factor in today's forecast. It's supposed to be even windier tonight, so I don't know if I'll cover the trees, despite a forecast low of 28* F. Seems like the plastic would just get shredded in 30 m.p.h. winds... 😒

Currently 34 degrees, and we are getting a light snow now. I know this will make all of that ice that is still out there really slippery. It is supposed to warm up today, and I will continue to chip away at ice, and ask others to help. Yesterday, we made great progress, but we sure have much more to chip away at, just to make moving around safer.

Going for a record high today, mid 80's! Cold front tonight with extreme winds!😮😕
We just hit 80°!:woo hoo:
Watching all of the clouds haulinass overhead up for the party tomorrow in AL, TN, and GA.:oops:
They are moving FAST!
Yes, we ship 'Next-Day-Air'😀:thumbs:.

Latest posts

Back