Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2pm 107°😮, going up!! Summer is going out big this year!
Lucky dog! 🐶
We got real rain again today.
The bad news, our comfy 95° was replaced by a perilously low 75°🥶.
My joints are singing... and it ain't the 'happy tune':mad:.

Lucky dog! 🐶
We got real rain again today.
The bad news, our comfy 95° was replaced by a perilously low 75°🥶.
My joints are singing... and it ain't the 'happy tune':mad:.
109°, there were a few showers to the north, but not anymore! We have a good chance of rain early next week, and much cooler temps! I can honestly say I am ready for a break!!

We are slowly transitioning into Autumn.
Days are cooler (80s) and the night are getting chilly (50s).
I have to close my bedroom window around 2AM.
We're are going camping at the Oregon coast in a week and I know we will need an extra blanket.
I know it's not real camping if you can plug in an electric blanket but it's as close to camping as I want to get. :)

83 was the high. Went out and mowed some after work and started raining after a couple hours. Parked the tractor and no more than got in the house and it started pouring. Rained for nearly an hour. Temps into low 70s
I'm going to have to tell LadyLocust that you didn't weedwhack!! ☹️🥺

Hearing thunder, hoping for rain. Saw a lot of lightning. Daughter over closer to @Pearl said they’re getting slammed with heavy rain and wind.
The leaves are so dry, when the wind is blowing it makes it sound like rain.
Power is OUT!! MASSIVE winds, drizzle, MASSIVE dust!!

No, it's not too bad over here, @Pearl
I too missed dinner and am having cold water and cookies for ...
I've got a candle burning in case the power goes out.
I opened a can of chicken, mixed it with mayo, onion, as ND tomato. Had it on bread, ( not toast🙄🙄) with chips and jello! Battery lanterns on, and rechargeable lights!

No, it's not too bad over here, @Pearl
I too missed dinner and am having cold water and cookies for ...
I've got a candle burning in case the power goes out.
We don't need no stinkin' candles nomore, we got THESE and will always have light.:lightbulb:
They will be 2 years old next month and still work great! 😊

Last edited:
one thing ive noticed...now i know there are 'heat domes' over places causing misery, and some just plain hot summer but it seems theres alot about RECORD BREAKING HEAT THE EARTH IS BURNING alarm from 'climte change'.

but in my area i Hear weather reports say that--record heat-extra hot summer, etc, etc. but its not
it is normal hot icky summer--a delayed monsoon rains and a bit less than normal but living here for almost 15yrs now--this aint all that different from other summers.

and its down to the mid to lowes 40s at night now--a bit earlier than normal. and when i hear record breaking heat wve--ive gone back and dug up old weather records and they are lying. theres been hotter summers now and then and no panic.

so its a game.

I’ve got flashlights but should get better ones. I like having a candle or two lit, lights off. Texas is struggling to meet its electricity demand.
ERCOT has an app. They can also easily be contacted directly. Despite what the bias, lying news says, they have had NO problem meeting demand!

2pm 107°😮, going up!! Summer is going out big this year!
Reminded me. Fall and most of the winter of 1955/56 at Amarillo AFB, getting a hint that I wasn't going to enjoy being a Jet Fighter Mechanic. Well, at least I got that right. [Winter of 1957/58 at Thule AFB in Greenland was The Icing On The Cake.]

There was snow in them thar hills, also known as the Rocky Mountains in Colorado! We have been getting rain off and on all day. Cloudy skies!

"A storm system will bring snow to portions of southwest Colorado
today. This snow could be moderate to heavy at times during the
day before ending this evening. Snowfall totals in the southern
San Juan mountains range from 4 to 8 inches. The upper San Juan
river valley could see snowfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches with
locally higher amounts possible."

@Pearl alerted me to storms headed this way. Earlier my electric and internet were out for a couple hours, don't know what that was about. Hearing thunder and am so grateful for the rain.
Pretty good storm going on here now!! Pouring, windy, big light show!! Heading your way Patch!! Flashlight in my hand!!

Latest posts

Back