Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 10.39.02 PM.png

Today's weather report is the following:
5*
feels like -9*
clear
high today 30*(balmy for us right now)
10 mile visibility
80% humidity
winds out of ESE at 9mph
0% percipation
0* dew point
30.28 barometric pressure and dropping.(bummer)
Everybody stay warm.

Its 18 degrees right now and snowing moderately. We're looking at 2-4 inches today. It really picked up over the last hour. You could see it happen on radar right over the mountain I live at the base of here. We have 2 inches so far.

Saturday we're looking at partly sunny and 45 lol
Sunday is partly sunny 52
Monday 55
Tuesday 58 (!)

:(This week I went from tropical Houston to Detroit area and Kalamazoo for a 7 degrees and then wind chill. Hoses and air hose did not melt snow! Gary IN. minus 2 and then went to warmer Chicago at 25 degrees and back to Gary for 16 degrees. Yep, winter is almost (never) over...:(

I really enjoy reading this thread everyday. I'm a weather junkie and like seeing everyones reports. Mo, yours are awesome. Lots of details. Do you have a weather station where you live?

I am a member of:
www.CoCoRahs.org
and submit a report daily of rainfall totals and snowfall when we get it. Hail reports as well. l have done this for years now. The system in nationwide, including Canada. Last time I noticed they had well over 10,000 folks reporting daily. Hurricanes hitting an area are facinating to see the rainfall totals in a 24 hour period. Let me know if anyone is interested in getting involved from your location. The information taken is used by many agencies, National Weather Service being first and foremost.

I am a member of:www.CoCoRahs.org
and submit a report daily of rainfall totals and snowfall when we get it. Hail reports as well. l have done this for years now.

Then you would be the man to ask! I need a good rain gauge. I want something that will last for years but don't want to spend a fortune... ideas?

Go to www.cocorahs.org and follow the link. There is one primary device they recommend and it is what the NWS desires to get reports from. It measure 11" at a time. Thinking about some of the hurricane reporters, they took 3 or more measurements during a hurricane. Brave folks IMO.
The inner tube measure 1" in. 01" increments. outer tube hold 10" more. and has a funnel. Theyrequest you make a report every day at a given time. But will take whatever you are able to offer. Multi day reports are nice after being out of town for a few days. You also have a designation so it's easy to follow someones reports. My dads for example.
I have 2 of their gauges. When is snows or ice's I can bring my gauge indoors to melt out and get a actual precip total to report. Just put #2 out for the next day. Remember to remove the inner tube and funnel when freezing precip is expected.

Sunshine and 60 degrees! Lovely out
also very muddy out lol all the snow and ice is melting fast and you do more slipping and sliding in the vehicle on the thick mud than the snow and ice. what a mess

-2 F here, this week is our first somewhat cold weather this year, thank goodness, it was about 17 below at daybreak this morning. (metric would make the difference seem a lot smaller) hmm no freezing cold smilie

Looks like winter has finally arrived here in Central Washington.
We are getting our first measurable snow fall of the year and the temps are suppose to be in the 20s.
I did get out my leaf blower and clear the sidewalk out to the carport and put down ice melt.
My snow blower and tractor will stay in the barn unless we get a lot more snow than the weather guessers are guessing. Their best guess is 3 inches.

Latest posts

Back