What are you doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visited with our neighbors here at the lake.

Took a long walk down the shoreline looking for treasures. Found on nice bass lure and two old bobbers. I collect old bobbers and store them in glass containers.

Now sitting by the fire watching tv with the wife and talking to you guys.

Been a great day.

Took two cars to Ford's "Quick Lane" (name only, not really that quick) for oil changes and other routine maintenance stuff. That took several hours of sitting, waiting around. Walked my piano teacher's dog. Read some of my current book, Burial Ground by Michael McBride. Went and had dinner with the wife at her hospital (she's working the evening shift tonight). Now I'm mindlessly surfing the internet and munching a bit of smoked cheese.

Oh yeah, practiced a bit of piano too. This one (no, that's not me, but she's playing the piece I'm working on!)

Defrosting...

:rolleyes:

Went to the range this morning and had a productive morning there.

Just got in from a brisk 2 mile walk down the shoreline of the lake. It's 28 degrees here and the wind is howling but it was good to get some fresh air.

Just watching some TV now

Did not want to just sit in a hotel room and since I’m stuck here most of the week I’m doing the tourist thing and doing a tour of Alcatraz than going to find some dinner

Been there...Done That.

February of last year...took the car from Travis AFB to the train station...then went to Fisherman's Wharf...Hard Rock Café...then the ferry to Alcatraz...

Nice day for it...

Not much today. We got about 3 inches of snow on top of a layer of ice last night. Not much moving around today. Plus it's 19 degrees with a 30 mph wind. So I'm staying inside today by the fire.

th

Not much today. We got about 3 inches of snow on top of a layer of ice last night. Not much moving around today. Plus it's 19 degrees with a 30 mph wind. So I'm staying inside today by the fire.

th
That sounds like a nasty day . I would have to agree with the staying inside with a fire . What type of wood do you use ?

Woke up... Shoveled snow

Had lunch... Shoveled more snow

Mail arrived, read it... then Shoveled the last of the snow.

Now I'm having a cold beer to relax the muscles...

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, sounds like you spent a lot of your day outside Shooter.

We drove home from the lake today. It was -8 degrees when we left. I was so happy I didn't have to get out and change a tire. lol.

Yea Lee...

Yesterday was the day to do it...the snow was pliable.

Today...like CEMENT...frozen in place.

So...I went food shopping for the week, as the weather is not going to get any better than colder.

Then we can hunker down and wait it out.

Believe it or not...Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday March 10th.

I'm ready for Spring...

:D

Made a late breakfast for the wife and I...then she went shopping.

Now...having a cup of coffee and typing this...

Later on...going to a fund raiser for GOP candidates...at the local VFW.

...then a beer or two with the election committee guys.

The wife had me doing some chores and helping with spring cleaning in the house this morning.
I did get out and run a few errands this afternoon.
When I got back, I spent a few hours outside cutting hedges and cleaning the yard.
Man it is so nice outside today. Sunny and 70 degrees.

Good early morning gang.
Getting ready to hit the road for Tulsa. Working there today and tomorrow.
Have a great Sunday.

Let's see. I put in the new water softener the other day. Today I made a small wall mounted shelf/work spot for my new chainsaw sharpener. Been dealing with the new ducklings I got,2 aren't doing all that great. Tomorrow I'll put the new sharpener on the shelf and try to get it set up and my chainsaw sharpened so I can cut up the fallen tree by the pond when the ground dries. Then in the middle of the week I'll try to get to putting the new manual locker conversions in the front end of the Ranger and do a "How To" right up for a forum I'm on. Then after I'm done with that I'll see if I still have enough left to order a new incubator.
Oh yeah,this past Friday I got a new CXT tire for the rear of the Ranger. Hopefully next year I can get the other 3 tires,if not I'll at least try and get the other rear tire.

P.S. I tried a new way of fixing rabbit last night,especially since it's been a few years since I got 1. I tried making it with ranch & herb Shake N Bake,turned out too tough though so there's no way I'll try it with squirrel,which had crossed my mind.

Safe trip K dawg. See you on the flip!

Latest posts

Back