What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todays chili was interesting. I found some precooked "hamburger patties" from costco in the freezer time capsule, so they got thawed and used for the meat in the chili. Not horrible, not great, but it beats a Domino pizza :)

Something unusual tonight... I had a pound of burger about to get old in the fridge so on the way out of town this morning I bought a "Tortilla Bowl Kit" sold by Old El Paso. Basically a packet of spices, another of runny salsa and soft tortilla's shaped like a bowl.

I tossed the salsa in the trash, made a fresh batch of pico de gallo, added fresh cheese, sour cream and a sprinkle of shredded lettuce... Yummy, even ate a second bowl. ;)

Going to a friends home for dinner (and am nervous). His wife (who is already not a very good cook) is going to make us some "Keto Soup". She keeps texting my wife asking things like "is rice keto?", "can you eat bread?", etc. 😦 I am going to eat a few beef sticks before we go.

I have never been a big fan of frozen pizza. I'm usually happy if one is somewhat edible, soggy crust and all. I've never been a fan of DiGiorno either... to me it was just over priced blah frozen pizza.

Last week I had the best frozen pizza I've ever had. It was a DiGiorno. I thought "it could have been a fluke".

This week I got a pizza crisper pan. It has little holes in it to let air get to the crust. I tried it tonight with a 4-meat thin crust DiGiorno... It was even better than last week. The crust was perfect! I've paid for pizza many times in restaurants that wasn't this good! Imho... worth a try!

Pizza (1) sm.JPG
Pizza (3) sm.JPG

Last edited:
Husband likes California Pizza Kitchen brand, the Sicilian type. I usually have a few in the freezer. I don't think they're anything special. I do have a few of those pans, though. Used to use them to make our own large pizzas, but now we make our own individuals on baking sheets. Everyone has their favorite toppings. Little granddaughter only likes pizza sauce, grated cheese and black olives. Husband likes everything.
We are having greek night tonight with gyros and greek potatoes. Chocolate cream pie for dessert, because, you know, it's pi day.

Latest posts

Back