What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spaghetti! My wife asked if she could have it so that's what I will make for her. I'll have the sauce over a patty and a salad and more veggies.

That sounds very good ... for hospital food.
I think your nurses like you! ;)

Made Seasoned Porkchops with Roasted Potatoes and Carrots for the Mrs. tonight.

I used a Fry Seasoning on the chops consisting of equal portions Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Smoked Paprika. She absolutely loves them!

20201207_183303.jpg

Cold fish wraps again.

Honestly it's been hotter than the surface of the sun and I just don't want to cook.
I did learn my lesson though about the fish skin.
It's wonderful and crunchy when hot and just out of the pan but it's leathery and tough when it's cold.
So I fried up skinless fillets for my wraps and then chilled them well.
100% better and the flavor is cleaner.

LadyLocust,
How many steaks do you get off a finger? :)
I think I will fix a roast. I'm in the mood for roast beast tonight. I'll fix some cauliflower and a salad to go with it.

Being up all of last night messed up my meal schedule completely... The other day I bought some frozen biscuits in a bag. I baked a half dozen of them just after 6 this morning. They turned out pretty good, not bad eating either. I've paid for worse biscuits at restaurants before. I had 3 with jelly before I went to bed. I had 3 more with sliced brisket when I got up. Supper was a good salad and grapefruit slices.

Now I'm thawing out a bone in ribeye. I'll cook it in about an hour, might bake a potato to go with it.

Latest posts

Back