What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made potato soup in the pressure cooker. It was supposed to be 8 cups of water plus mix heated on a stove. But I poured in 4 cups of milk, 4 cups of hot water, whisked the mix in, then put it on Soup/Stew setting. When it was done I added butter, garlic salt, and some heavy cream (as it gets too thick without the extra cream). Makes for very creamy potato soup.

Last time I made it Mom had 4 bowls in one sitting.

Had an early breakfast of Special K protein enhanced cereal (20 g protein/bowl with milk) then for lunch had a 7 oz ham steak (30 g protein), 2 jumbo eggs (16g), 1 slice of 100% whole wheat toast with peanut butter (10g) and a short glass of milk (6g). Feels good to have my entire basic protein intake by noon. I'd like to get at least another 40g by bedtime. I'm thinking burgers, or possibly chili tonight...

Left overs... Stew and cornbread. I'll limit myself to stew I try to stay away from starch and sugar.

@Pearl

Muscadines are native N. American wild red grapes.

Scuppernongs are native N. American wild white grapes.

Both are quite famous and prized here in the south. Can't hardly believe you haven't seen them before... They grow in TX.

Musca Scupp a (2).jpg

Muscadines are native N. American wild red grapes.

Scuppernongs are native N. American wild white grapes.

Both are quite famous and prized here in the south. Can't hardly believe you haven't seen them before... They grow in TX.

View attachment 74758
Never heard them called that! Thanks😃

Never heard them called that! Thanks😃

Just curious, what name do you call scuppernongs? Most have trouble with the pronunciation. The "G" is silent. "scupper" the slit cut in the side of a ship so water can drain off the decks. And non, like non-aggrestion pact. Scupper non 's.

Just curious, what name do you call scuppernongs? Most have trouble with the pronunciation. The "G" is silent. "scupper" the slit cut in the side of a ship so water can drain off the decks. And non, like non-aggrestion pact. Scupper non 's.
Grapes, the " g" is not silent😁

forum seems wound up tight tonight.
I fixed chili, had an early dinner for a change. Rotel's green chiles and chipotle peppers, a first for me. 🔥
Piece of bread to chill it down. Fist pounding hot. Glad I only used half a can.
Found out I need to get more beans, lots more beans. Black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, pinto beans, small red beans. What are your favorites for chili? I only used kidney tonight, don't care for them so much. I have plenty of dry beans but prefer a can in a pinch.

Latest posts

Back