What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The air fryer rotisserie chicken was amazing! I'm sorry but I tried to send a picture, but the error message said it was too big.
The pictures I take with my phone do that. I have to take a screen shot of the pictures and post that. Don't know why it works, but it does.

Taco Salad.
Peanut do you grow your own horseradish? Anyone else? Thats something I want to try sometime.

I've never grown it. From 08 until about '14 I purchased horseradish root from a lady I knew at the farmers market...

Fresh is the best! Lots of recipes on line.

Have you done any research? How long the roots will keep? etc...

Yesterday I just made sausages, mac and cheese and beets

Today I'm roasting some shrimp ( in olive oil and Old Bay), and I'm going to try baking some hash browns in a muffin tin ( sort of a take on french fries) and I'm making some cole slaw

Last slice of the roast beast on an open faced sandwich. I bought a bag of frozen tator tots the other day so I tried them in the fry daddy tonight. I cooked them about 30 seconds to long so the next batch will be better.

I watched some cooking shows on tv today. Both Alton Brown and Guy F. from diners drive-ins and dives talked about the difficulty in making good home made tator tots, said it was almost impossible to get the crunch correct. If they can't do it I'll buy the frozen ones!

I toasted bread using my new camp toaster for the first proper BLT I've had in a long time.

YUM.

Thoughts on the new camp toaster.
*sigh*
It's not as efficient as I thought it was going to be.
It took a lot of gas to toast the bread and it ended up very dry, brittle and fragile before it got any colour.
More a large square crouton than toast.
I'll have to look at getting one of the old fashioned gauze camp toasters which holds the bread closer
to the flame and might be a lot more efficient, at least with a Coleman camp stove.
The struggle is real.

I ate after the family at the funeral at Church today. Very small salad w/ light dressing, (about) 4 ounces blackeyed peas, 2 ounces lima beans, 3 deviled egg halves, 4 ounces of green beans and about 2 cups of mustard greens w/ ham. Very big meal for me! Low calorie but I will have gained a pound or two tomorrow from sodium and seasonings. It will come back off and it was worth it!

I toasted bread using my new camp toaster for the first proper BLT I've had in a long time.

YUM.

Thoughts on the new camp toaster.
*sigh*
It's not as efficient as I thought it was going to be.
It took a lot of gas to toast the bread and it ended up very dry, brittle and fragile before it got any colour.
More a large square crouton than toast.
I'll have to look at getting one of the old fashioned gauze camp toasters which holds the bread closer
to the flame and might be a lot more efficient, at least with a Coleman camp stove.
The struggle is real.

My husband just lays the bread directly on the gas burner or fire grate when we are camping. Of course I think he's kinda nuts.....

Latest posts

Back