What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I toasted bread using my new camp toaster for the first proper BLT I've had in a long time.

YUM.

Thoughts on the new camp toaster.
*sigh*
It's not as efficient as I thought it was going to be.
It took a lot of gas to toast the bread and it ended up very dry, brittle and fragile before it got any colour.
More a large square crouton than toast.
I'll have to look at getting one of the old fashioned gauze camp toasters which holds the bread closer
to the flame and might be a lot more efficient, at least with a Coleman camp stove.
The struggle is real.

Have you tried using a dry cast iron skillet/ or griddle and a low flame and toasting the bread that way?

I baked some fish, made buttered noodles and had greenbeans. Had some bread that needed to be used up so I made garlic bread to go with it all.
I was stumped on what to make today
I get tired of trying to think what to make day in and day out and I'm not real big on microwave meals

Tomorrow I have to decide if I'm making chicken or a pork roast. I'm just gonna flip a coin lol

Nobody ever mentions lively conversation they have at the dinner table.
Tonight's fare: we talked about elephants. Elephants playing the piano with their noses. They can kill a person with their nose! What power do you have with your nose?
Some of our finest and funniest moments are at the dinner table. Gets loud too.

Dinner conversation gets pretty weird around here, too, especially on Sundays when more are here. The grandkids (4) and the two next door neighbor kids ate at the kids table. Our table conversation was about youngest daughter needing to schedule her wisdom teeth out. She was talking to our other daughter about when and picking her up. I offered, but she wants to go home after and not have mom look after her. She has 6 wisdom teeth, all impacted. Thinks she can go to class the next day. Ha. Ha. Ha. Our son, middle child, offered to remove them for her, with the help of our other daughter. They decided they have enough in the med kits, and they knew I had sutures and moonshine. She didn't take this well. Two of our grandsons that were over come with their mom (not my daughter) and her boyfriend and their three year old. (Long Story). She is deaf in one ear and yells. She talks with her mouth full constantly. She always sits by me. They brought their puppy along and she pooped on the dining room floor. Glad it's tile. The kid's table was interesting...kids made nametags and said a prayer and thanked granny for a good meal. Then the boys told gross jokes to try to impress the neighbor girls.

coin flip said pork roast so.... lol I'm doing it in the crock pot so its nice and tender
gonna make some au gratin potatoes to go with it and some steamed cali mix veggies

Earlier this afternoon.

I made a big batch of veggie stir fry today. Has yellow squash, purple onion, shredded carrots, water chestnuts, mushrooms, bag of broccoli cuts and bag of stir fry veggies. Low salt soy sauce, oriental 5- spice and a little teriyaki sauce (will make my own of that- low salt- when I get back from FL. very good! Will have it later with a piece of salmon. Right now having a small side salad with light ranch, then some grapes.

I don't have a clue. I may try something unusual, like food. ;)

I made baked chicken potpie with some leftover chicken I made earlier this week

Have no idea what I'm making today. Only had one cup of coffee so far lol

I know I ate Tuesday evening that was Polish sausage, sauerkraut, chips, coffee.
Don't really remember anything else until today.
Grandaughter and I shared a tablespoon of natural peanut butter this morning for breakfast.
Grand daughter fed Granny for a change.
We had Spaghetti squash for lunch, because she kept trying to eat it uncooked.
Bake it in oven after we unseeded it together.
While it was baking, put in casserole dish of scallop potatoes with cream of chicken soup, with pork steak to bake too.
She ate quarter of the squash that was a new vegetable for her.

Tuesday night in the big town I bought 3 nice catfish fillets for $7.10. Last night I sliced up a fillet into smaller pieces vertically but still... using my fry daddy the thicker pieces didn't cook all the through. Tonight I sliced the thick area horizontally, all the pieces fried up fine... I had a nice garden salad and baked beans from a can... still yummy, can or no! Bush makes some good baked beans.

I just heated up the leftover potpie yesterday. gave a larger portion to the hubby and I added a cabbage salad for me to eat along with the smaller portion. Perfect sizes for both of us

Today is my no cook day so I don't know where hubby is going to get our suppers

Latest posts

Back