What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend is coming over and she said she's gonna grill the NY Strip steaks and make some kind of salad I've never even heard of. I'll try anything once, though, just to see what it's like.

https://www.simplyscratch.com/2017/...-salad-with-honey-ginger-peanut-dressing.html

Crunchy-Asian-Veggie-Salad-with-Ginger-Peanut-Dressing-l-SimplyScratch.com-5-1200x801.jpg

I'm making baked marinated chicken, buttered noodles ( for hubby I don't want any) and tomato and cucumber salad

I carbed out yesterday with the pasta and garlic bread. I'm not on a low carb diet but I know that if I skip a couple of days after a heavy carb day I feel much better. Like today I've been feeling "full" almost all day and I had few carbs today so far

Chicken salad made with cut up chicken thighs, 1 cucumber(diced), diced half cup of onion, several carrots diced, celery, dill kosher baby pickles, celery seeds, diced eggs, 1 and half tablespoons of mayo stuffed in garden fresh tomatoes, served on baby spinach, kale, 3 lettuce salad with Raspberry vingarette on the side.
Peach, big glass of unsweet tea.
I'm stuffed.

Last edited:
Today was a disaster. I thought I’d treat myself, an Oyster Po’ Boy with fries at a nice seafood restaurant for an early dinner.

It was the most disgusting thing I’ve tried to eat in years. I thought about complaining to the chef but… Anyone who would serve this Carp and charge $16 for a Po’ Boy, fries and a glass of tea 1. (would have no idea what I was complaining about or 2) wouldn’t care what I was complaining about…

Several of the doughy fried goodies didn’t contain Oysters, so, they must have fried up Oyster farts instead, that would explain a lot actually.

Help @VenomJockey Pack me a dozen oysters on dry ice and ship them to me!!!!!

VenomJ I'm going to have to make us a poor boy sub. I keep seeing yours and get hungry. I'll have to use meat though. :thumbs:

Yeah, went and made MYSELF hungry after that!! Gonna fry me up some chopped round steak and make a grilled steak & cheese!!

Looks like you need it!! I have eaten Oyster Po' Boys at nearly every seafood restaurant in town, haven't had a bad one yet! Wintzell's Oyster House is the best of the bunch, though.

VJ, the place I ate at tonight was a Wintzell's 10 or 12 years ago, great seafood. There was a re-zoning explosion around the University and the dinner dollar got too tight, lots of good places went under. The people who took over afterwards served good food also.

Since I got home I learned a bunch of lawyers are the current owners, says it all! Garbage in, Garbage out!

My dinner was garbage... no reason my late night snack should be... Fresh strawberries, peaches and blackberries... a sprinkle of sugar and sour cream on the side....

peaches_v1.jpg

Last edited:
In celebration of my youngest son getting his driver's license today we had lobster, corn and home made fries with a Sam Summer out on the deck

I made another batch of coleslaw this afternoon... I had fried catfish and slaw for dinner... more strawberries/blackberries w/sourcream for dessert, which has become my favorite dessert.

Ain't NOTHING wrong with Catfish and Slaw!! GOOD STUFF!!

Tonight for dinner I managed to ruin 1/2 lb of ground chuck, 1 med onion, a garlic clove and a can of rotel tomatoes…

I weigh out ground chuck into 1/4 lb patties, individually wrap them in foil then freeze. If I want burgers… how many? If I want beef for chlli or spaghetti sauce… how much?

I woke up craving chili this morning, I know, its August! I thawed out two chuck patties, enough for 3 servings of chili, about a quart.

I’ve used this recipe before, two print outs… 1lb of chuck and 1/2lb of chuck with all ingredients adjusted.

My chili was coming along fine, chuck browned nicely, spices added along with one can of Rotel tomatoes w/chilis.

I needed another can of Rotel to get the 14ozs the recipe called for so I opened another can.

Somehow the last time I shopped I accidently grabbed a can of Rotel “chili fixens”. I didn’t even know they made such a thing! It was the only can in my pantry, clearly and accidental purchase. Basically its tomatoes with 3 or 4 Tbs of chili powder. I raked in about 1/2 can before I noticed. :oops:

My chili was horrible, My dog wouldn’t even eat it! He took one slurp out of his bowl, looked at me and walked away!

Next time there will be NO Rotel chili fixens in my shopping cart!

I quickly made crustinis with country ham for a real dinner. :)

Latest posts

Back