What's Everybody Canning?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUESTION.......
Not to hijack.. Has anyone ever tried to freeze sliced green tomatoes ??
This to make breaded, fried green tomatoes...
I do miss fried green tomatoes and fried okra..
Baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon butter..... Y'all...

QUESTION.......
Great question, I never have, can't wait for the replies!!

QUESTION.......
Calling @Amish Heart seems like she might have mentioned something along these lines.
Tagging both here in hopes of helping.

I made a sour cherry, citrus, and walnut conserve on … Thursday? Friday? Got about 8 cups, and really it turned out more like a compote than a conserve. Reasonably tasty but I don’t think I’ll do it again — I like my sour cherries just doing their own sour cherry thing better.

7 pints of tortellini and sauce.

Attachments

• 20240120_142031.jpg
    20240120_142031.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 0
I've found some fruit at the bottom of my freezer that I'm going to start making into jam / jellies and sauces. Up today is raspberries.
Also- this is a good book to have if you can source a cheap copy. Below it is the River Cottage one - I think someone here watches the show.

1705919180042.png

1705919122356.png

I've found some fruit at the bottom of my freezer that I'm going to start making into jam / jellies and sauces. Up today is raspberries.
Also- this is a good book to have if you can source a cheap copy. Below it is the River Cottage one - I think someone here watches the show.

View attachment 123271
View attachment 123270
I'm the River Cottage watcher. A good sauce, relish or pickle--be it simple or complex--can really elevate an otherwise bland and boring meal. It can also sneak in some extra nutrients.

Actually a mixture of dried mushroom tortellini and cheese/ spinach ravioli. With spaghetti sauce, thinned. Pints pressure canned 35 minutes. One didn't seal, so will try it tomorrow.
That stuff is great! Will be making more as I find inexpensive dried tortellini!

4 weeks since surgery.
Because of the needles (28 ugh) my belly is a rainbow of colors now and sore
Still sore but not the incision just the muscles in the area
Trying to move more and do more. Been helping a little with meals. Not much but more than I was.
This really kicked my behind.
Hubby still has to help with the dressing me and my shoes and socks because it still hurts to bend over
Been taking the cancer drug and no side effects which is good
When it was warmer I made it out to the back deck to sit in the sun and fresh air
Now its too cold to go out. Wind chill in the 20's

Stopped in at a Costco in southern Utah while doing our spring break trip. They had cases of ball pint jars for $9. I now have a few in the trailer. Why the heck doesn’t my home Costco have them?????
I’d say go online to Costco and order them, with $3 delivery, but it doesn’t seem to work if the zip code for the store closest to you doesn’t have them in stock. Maybe if you used the zip code for that store that does have them it might work.

That looks like bread that was baked in a can, not a canning jar. Everyone was baking like that in the 80's. Somewhere I have some can caps for the ends that would fit a can that you would buy juice in. Nowadays, though, it's unusual to buy juice in a big can. Although I do have some tomato juice that way.

Back