What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m kidnapping Hubby and making him go fishing 🎣😂
Still dark out so have lots of time.
Oh your poor abused Husband, Do we have to start planning an intervention???

one sheep looks like she might have her lambs today, she is lying down groaning but nothing coming out yet
it's cold, rainy , windy , crappy out. All the animals are in

I saw some huge cloud of black smoke down the mountain somewhere, looked like the neighbors. Husband assumed it was neighbors burning trash ( like we did yesterday , got rid of those boxes) but then I saw a bunch of blinky lights and drove the Ranger down the road to see what was on fire. Looks like a lot further away than I thought, way down the road a shed or small barn burnt. We don't know the people. I hope there was no animals in it

Yesterday I changed hvac filters and took out the trash. Got some hay for the cows & a molasses lick. Cooked for Mom.
Today I cooked for Mom, picked up some pipes from the hardware store for my friend, got him some table cloths on sale for 97cents each (for his wedding), and dropped them by his house. Got some groceries for home.

Last night the dog decided to park her butt directly on my head while I was trying to sleep. I'm a side sleeper and she trampled right over me and sat down. She was confused when I pushed her off of me but I gave her a hug and she licked my face.

A friend will be flying in from Michigan for the wedding and I haven't seen him in years so that will be good. Not sure when he's coming in exactly, but I'm going to make him some sauteed mushrooms. When we had D&D niights I would saute mushrooms for him and he loved it. It's one of the few things I cook well. LOL.

Sweet lovely neighbors....2 cords of wood, and a loaf of fresh baked bread were gifted us this afternoon by the neighbors that I drive their daughter to amish school. The rest of our half a cow was delivered this morning...the steaks. They aged them and food savered them. We are good on beef for the year now. Little granddaughter, Levi the neighbor kid, and I set up all the seed starting on the big porch this afternoon. Nice day, got husband to sit out on the rocking chair. So the seed starting chore is marked off my to do list. We still have cold nights, so we set up tables upstairs in a corner spare room for the flats.

Wondering what the wef sponsored nut bars are going to try to pull off next. using my recovery time to further complicate my wood processing system.

I’m currently sitting on the deck in the sunshine. It’s almost a cruel joke that we are in the 60’s today and I just got a winter storm warning on my phone. We had homemade biscuits and gravy for breakfast, did a loop through the big town just visiting the second hand and salvage places. Didn’t really see anything to bring home. We just finished spraying some dormant oil on the fruit trees. The youngest is metal detecting in the field and the oldest went for a walk with the dog. I literally have a butterfly flying around us while we soak up the sun. We even opened up the house to get some fresh air. It’s just a beautiful day.

Spending money, uff da. But it has to be done. Had a tree guy come in today and it's going to be around 1500 to have three large spruces removed and the maples and locust doctored and trimmed.
Did I tell y'all I went ahead and ordered the woodstove? I can't remember. Hopefully that will be in within the next three weeks or so, will be close to four grand by the time all is said and done.
I've been wanting to get some different deck furniture, saw some pop up on fb marketplace and snagged a friend to ride with me to go get it. Less than 200 for all, I think I got a pretty good deal. Going to power wash and paint them this summer.
1708824604590.jpeg

Had a wonderful day playing music at the fiddle festival. Got to see some old friends! Bad tired tonight, exhausted but a good exhausted.

Meant to post this a couple days ago. Fella down the road bought some goats. We’ll see how long they last. 20yrs ago his dad lived in the same house and got goats. Eventually they were all killed in the highway, took a few years though. Don’t think these are going to make it til christmas. :( at least a dozen log trucks drive by each day.

20240222_goats.jpg

Last edited:
Spending money, uff da. But it has to be done. Had a tree guy come in today and it's going to be around 1500 to have three large spruces removed and the maples and locust doctored and trimmed.
Did I tell y'all I went ahead and ordered the woodstove? I can't remember. Hopefully that will be in within the next three weeks or so, will be close to four grand by the time all is said and done.
I've been wanting to get some different deck furniture, saw some pop up on fb marketplace and snagged a friend to ride with me to go get it. Less than 200 for all, I think I got a pretty good deal. Going to power wash and paint them this summer.
View attachment 125064
I've been trying to find something similar. This is sturdy and comfortable. People seem to ask a lot for this kind of furniture, used. I had to look for months to find a garden bench for a memorial for a friend at one of the dog parks. Old and beat up stuff was crazy expensive.

Jake got to fly two days this week, he should have his license by the time he starts school in the fall. The mechanic at the airport asked him to apprentice with him for the summer. It doesn’t look like he will be working construction this summer. We will have to support him but I feel like this is more important.

IMG_8913.jpeg
IMG_8912.jpeg

Beautiful sunny day here..gotta get up n moving.
Going to:
Walk dogs,
outside work,
dump run ,
get distracted by a gazillion todo's and.

probably go pick up rocks and stargaze tonight
Moon gaze 😍
Really enjoying today's survival contest threads and ...Coffee
how’s the noggin?

Jake got to fly two days this week, he should have his license by the time he starts school in the fall. The mechanic at the airport asked him to apprentice with him for the summer. It doesn’t look like he will be working construction this summer. We will have to support him but I feel like this is more important.

View attachment 125069View attachment 125070
Oh this brings back memories

View attachment 125064
We have those same chairs and a table. I’ve had them just shy of 30 years and still love them. I put cushions on them in summertime.

Latest posts

Back