What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That beeping is to let you know that there is a liberal upgrade for your mind - ignore it, it will eventually stop. ;)

Trying to find out what this infernal beeping is. I turned off the main breaker and even took the batteries out of the smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors and there is still a beeping!!:waiting:
One time, there was an eternal noise going on in the dining room. There was a cardboard box under the table with some toys and books in it but it was all just, you know, quiet stuff. Finally, it was quiet enough in the house that I could plainly hear that the sound was coming from underneath the table...in the box...it was some small toy that had the noise button in the position that something was against it, and the battery was dying, but in the meantime...eternal noise. Felt like Agnes Moorehead on Twilight Zone.
:LOL:

going to get hubby set up for eye injections tomorrow. we are taking a friend with us to drive back if needed. i still can't drive until july if the meds they are givig me is working. happens to be friends birthday so we are taking him out to supper after we do a little shoppin. although if hubby doesn't feel like shopping we can come straight home.

Went and got hay from a friends property today in the trailer and I think DH stuffed up thinking it was the manure we were supposed to take. Anyway the friend is coming to look at the hay we have here in a bale to see if she wants it in exchange or otherwise we will be paying $50 for it and driving her to get some more hay to mulch her gardens with for winter. Had better days :oops: as DH had read the texts and was supposed to know what we were taking :dunno:.

This afternoon DH trimmed my hair so it now looks more even and cut my fringe so I can now see much more :) without annoying hair floating in my face.

I need to get some lilac bush sprigs planted. I think in a big pot so they can be moved until they get to bush status. Then I'll be sure where I want them.

And I need to activate and program a Jitterbug phone for my Mom.

I went to the dollar tree store this morning. got stocked up on some things
Mowed around my berry bushes and the large containers
dishes are done until supper
gonna make a classic Appalachian supper today. hubby should like it

Sitting at the neurologist office with the kid. She starting having a sharp pain in her temple that only lasts a few seconds. We have to go to the cardiologist Tuesday. She started a new med today because her resting heart rate hasn't been under 100 for 3 days.

gonna make a classic Appalachian supper today. hubby should like it
Squirrel stew?

An hour and a half in the doctor's office for three minutes with the doc. Even then it was someone they dusted off and brought out of retirement. My doc was in France on vacation. It makes me wonder how smart my doctor is, or does he never watch the news!

Squirrel stew?

An hour and a half in the doctor's office for three minutes with the doc. Even then it was someone they dusted off and brought out of retirement. My doc was in France on vacation. It makes me wonder how smart my doctor is, or does he never watch the news!

The kids Endocrinologist is in France right now too.

I just spent 8 hours shredding old bills, card statements etc. I filled up half of a 39-gallon trash bag. My shredder is about shot. I used shredder lubricant on it 4 times today but it still makes strange sounds. The blades are definitely dull, they do more hacking than shredding. Its been about 5 years since I bought this one so I guess it’s time for a new one. I just checked prices; a decent crosscut shredder is about $60.

Anyway, time to watch some tv…

Went to granddaughter's graduation. Friend/past customer put up another chicken run in our yard till they get their move settled. While I was at the graduation, the squirrel came through in the bathroom again, ran down the hall and is in husband's man cave. Not fun. Put a live trap in there with peanut butter and cereal in it, but I guess he's not hungry yet.

Thank you @Patchouli I didn't know they did that. I think I'll pass, shredding publicly seams to defeat the point, my weird logic.

I checked the internet, the office supply store down the road has a close out model for $75, reg price $110, only 2 left in stock. A very nice shredder.

I do a major shred every 4 or 5 years... It's amazing how much paper can pile up it 5 years. I do on line banking but insist on paper bills from everyone. I like a paper bill stored in a file folder. I guess I'm old fashioned.

I bought the shredder I have about 5 years ago and did a major shred that covered the previous 8 years. I finally got my elderly dad to use the shredder a couple of years ago. He had bank statements and utility bills stored in boxes going back 40 years. It took him 2 weeks to shred all that crap!:D It freed up about 80sqft of shelving in the storage room.

So, I've gotten my money out of this shredder, time for a new one. :)

While I was at the graduation, the squirrel came through in the bathroom again, ran down the hall and is in husband's man cave. Not fun. Put a live trap in there with peanut butter and cereal in it, but I guess he's not hungry yet.

Now I'm going to dream about squirrel dumplings all night.... :(

Thank you @Patchouli I didn't know they did that. I think I'll pass, shredding publicly seams to defeat the point, my weird logic.

I checked the internet, the office supply store down the road has a close out model for $75, reg price $110, only 2 left in stock. A very nice shredder.

I do a major shred every 4 or 5 years... It's amazing how much paper can pile up it 5 years. I do on line banking but insist on paper bills from everyone. I like a paper bill stored in a file folder. I guess I'm old fashioned.

I bought the shredder I have about 5 years ago and did a major shred that covered the previous 8 years. I finally got my elderly dad to use the shredder a couple of years ago. He had bank statements and utility bills stored in boxes going back 40 years. It took him 2 weeks to shred all that crap!:D It freed up about 80sqft of shelving in the storage room.

So, I've gotten my money out of this shredder, time for a new one. :)
I use all that stuff as fire starters. Its really, really hard to tape together/read ashes.

Weed eater died, the cable that connects the motor to the blades just dropped out . Picked up a new one, opted for battery operated due to weight, also already had a couple comparable batteries for other tools. Half the weight, nowhere near the noise. Did all the edges on the acre. Planted the two flower beds I dug the other week. Supervised the guy fencing our back half property. He drives them in. Our property is 1/2 inch topsoil, gravel, big rocks on top of a lava shelf. Would have taken forever for me to dig them. He didn’t need supervising, great guy, fairly priced, excellent work ethic. I just like watching the equipment. Tomorrow is mowing, planting annuals, general clean up and more guests. Also have a half dozen lilacs to move.

Sorry you don't live closer, Peanut, I'd deliver him to you. As of last night, the live trap was empty. Haven't checked yet this morning. I'd open a window, but he'd go back to digging on the outside wall by the bathroom. Son recommended letting the dog in the room (2 go in, 1 comes out thing) but there's a lot of stuff in there and it'd be messy.
Scheduled to work a full day today. We'll see if husband does ok with that. Last day that I have to take the twins to jazz band.

Spent the day today digging a few more garden beds with the tiller and removing dirt to be plowed in with manures and things. Two garden beds I cut weed mat for the bottoms of them and filled part of the bottom with composted grass clippings so now they are ready to put in our manure soil mix. 4 more raised beds to dig and four in ground ones to till and remove soil from. DH put a load of washing on and hung it on the clothesline to dry but we got a little rain so the sheets and a few thicker clothing went in the dryer for 15 mins to do the final drying. I watered all the potted fruit trees and herbs.

This afternoon we had our weekly date afternoon down at the RSL club and got home and folded up 3 loads of clean washing and put it away and we made the bed with clean sheets. Then I deep cleaned the bathrooms and toilets for the week.

Which kind of plant was it, @MoBookworm1957 ? That sounds like she was doing very poorly.
I'm sorry to hear she's struggling so bad, good you know what did it. How old is Strawberry? I hope her whole body recovers quickly.
Strawberry is 4 years and 5 months old.
She is a mixture dog(mutt)but priceless to me.
She's 1/2 Beagle and 1/2 Jack Russell Terrier.
Both her parents were show dogs.
Her coloring is red and white.
This plant looks to me like a bunch of sticks sticking in dirt, but multi color leaves.
Leaves are oblong, cream, medium green to dark green.
This plant drops leaves like crazy.
Always picking them up.

Had grand daughter yesterday for 11 hours yesterday.
But she was semi good for one tired Granny and did finally take 2 hour nap.
Strawberry went and laid down on my bed at 2 pm just like always.
Grand daughter was looking for her, her little eyes tearing up cause she couldn't find her buddy Strawberry.
So told her Strawberry was napping on Granny's bed.
Grand daughter hiked a leg trying to climb up on Granny's bed.
Finally Granny lifted her up on bed.
She cuddled up next to Strawberry went right to sleep.
Both dog and grand daughter sawed logs for 2 hours.
We then went outside pulled weeds in herb garden, smelled flowers.
Came back inside washed up, fixed supper, ate, washed back up.
Granny went to wash dishes, with grand daughter on chair beside me helping.
Had water splashed everywhere.
But she helped like a trooper.
She even washed her face with the dishcloth when we were done.
Took her home about 8 pm last night.
Don't know about her, but Granny and Strawberry slept like rocks.
Not doing much today, resting from yesterday's adventures.
Hopefully we will get water turned back on today.
Thankfully, I have gallons of water in cupboards saved up for this emergency.
Been without water since Tuesday night.
Got a water leak somewhere..
The city has pretty much dug up almost all the yards, parking lot trying to find the leak.

I went to the big town this afternoon, a few groceries and errands. I got the nice shredder at the office supply store... Funny thing, that store is two doors down from a high end grocery store I buy select items from... I sort of parked halfway between the stores. I got the shredder first and put it in my truck then got a few groceries.

There wasn't a car parked on either side of me. While putting my groceries in the truck there was a big gust of wind. A 5 dollar bill blew up to my feet. I have no idea where it came from, didn't know what to do but put it in my pocket even though it wasn't mine.

Squirrel still in the man cave, but not in the live trap. I went in the room, saw he had chewed through the string of the wooden levolor blinds, totally destroying them. It was so quiet that I thought maybe when they fell, they knocked him out. No such luck. He came running out of the closet. Hope he's not eating gun powder

Had a nice evening with my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cousin's in for a visit from Florida and Mississippi. We went and are bar b q, then went for a drive in the mountains for the evening. Hadn't saw each other in 1 and 3 years. Had a wonderful time catching up. Grew up with my first cousin till I was 5, then she moved out of state. Haven't got to spend a lot of time with her since then.

Latest posts

Back