What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terri I just noticed your tag line and I had to giggle. A couple of months I was dealing with a customer service department about a software issue for the bed and breakfast. The lady was very polite and professional but English was quite far down on her list of languages, several times she referred to my wife and I as “ your majesty and the missus”.

Personally, I like Rev. Dr. But I don't have an earned doctorate. I only want that one for when I am dealing with snobby academics and professionals. Since ecclesiastical titles predate other degrees, a Rev. Dr. trumps a plain old Dr. I guess the topper would be Lord Rev. Dr but I am in no immediate danger of being granted a knighthood
Occasionally I change my name on my wife's phone to The King or even The Boss, so when I call that's what caller ID says. She is not amused but I am.:D

So much fro taking a break off line to do things here.
Plus I'm typing from very aucward position since my leg is up in the air and I don't do laptops on laps.
Yesterday a Bakers Cysts popped out of back of knee, haven't had one in 4 years or more. So now back in chair, ice, compression and walker. I'm trying to do some weights to keep up energy.

Still can't get use to the " mom " my kids have called me for pasy 30 years. I was ' Mama' till they got fancy.
I plan on visist and they ask me not to set up tent because their will be inlaws there. Plus they said it looks liek a spacecraft landed in the yard after we leave, Thats ok we will bring our beds for hubby and my backs. If knee permits the trip of course.

Terri I just noticed your tag line and I had to giggle. A couple of months I was dealing with a customer service department about a software issue for the bed and breakfast. The lady was very polite and professional but English was quite far down on her list of languages, several times she referred to my wife and I as “ your majesty and the missus”.

Personally, I like Rev. Dr. But I don't have an earned doctorate. I only want that one for when I am dealing with snobby academics and professionals. Since ecclesiastical titles predate other degrees, a Rev. Dr. trumps a plain old Dr. I guess the topper would be Lord Rev. Dr but I am in no immediate danger of being granted a knighthood

Sentry added the tag of Internet Princess under my avatar so I figured I should be called "Your Majesty ". Of course no one pays attention to what I think.......

If you want to loose weight, just cut out 2 things - sounds simple enough right? Wheat and sugar - both with addictive properties so you'll want more. Go ahead and look at food. They bread everything or add sugar. Sounds like you are in a good mindset on the getting in shape part. I need to dust off my bike (yes it has dust on it at the moment - erg!)

I have a nice bike I should be riding but on dirt it is a tsk. It is pedal forward and that really helps with knees and back.

Got bumped out of my job again yesterday. Now I need to find out which poor guy I'm going to bump. Usually this kind of thing happens in late fall or winter... Corporate greed has pushed the timeline ahead this year...[/QUOT

We use to have to bump people down at GM . Not fun getting bumped or bumping.
Greed is a two edged sword. Greed builds and it tears down. Not too much difference in greed and ambition so guess its still better than being too kind, which in long run can be cruel. Welfare for instance?

Agree, Lady L, but we are committed to trying, even for a few weeks. It's only been a week or so. The chub was disenrolled from his last place, no surprise. I had one worse than him a few years back, and he turned into a gentlemen. But I've had some that are destined to become criminals, and have disenrolled. We have strict rules. Today we took a different tactic, noticing that he loves negative attention. We ignored him. Every tantrum. Every time he left his classroom. I made sure he was safe, and that was it. He threw himself on the ground outside my office when it was cleanup from freetime, and on to snacktime. Two staff gathered around him to try to get his chub butt up. Didn't work. I looked at him and told him that we had work to do, and if he didn't care about the juicy, fresh pineapple we were serving, then oh well, it would all be gone. He went to eat. He left class afterwards and went to the reading nook area, threw himself on the big pillows, and I didn't even ask him to get up. Just noticed where he was. Loved the look on his face when his teacher said (loudly) that all the hard working students were getting a treat. He didn't get a marshmallow. Oh well. No treasure from the treasure box when it was time to go home, but his sister got two for having such a great day! Saw him sobbing in the lobby. He needs to learn.

Spoiled kids are never happy. A parent who loves their child more than themselves will discipline it.

DH gets his hearing aids fitted tomorrow. Yay! Have to quit mumbling under my breath but hopefully can finally quit yelling to have a conversation!

Had to buy new sheets today. Little dog had torn the fitted one with her claw and instead of fixing it, I let it get bigger. That part is my fault. Also, did laundry, hard boiled eggs for tomorrow and packaged some grapes for tomorrow. Eating fast food is just not an option for me. Ready for bed now and it is a little early. LOL

Went to the city today and ordered a new 500 gallon propane tank. $1858 with delivery and set-up. Delivery within a month.
Many many stops today, sorry Dr. Prepper we had no time to stop and say hi.
Bought out the Dollar Tree store (or just about:)) and Home Depot, then Walmart along with a few other stops. Glad to be home again. Did see some antelope on the drive.

Animal chores, work, picking green beans. Need to teach new assistant how to run a fire drill. Moving the terror child to a different classroom today before the current teacher quits. Granddaughter in day 2 of ROTC summer orientation. Said yesterday was all talking, but today they are testing for air rifle, and that is something she likes.
Don't know terror child's issue(s) but have you ever tried pressure (maybe during story time or such). Have him/her sit cross legged, tell him/her to try to keep back straight, then from above, press down on the shoulders for a min. Pause, then another spell, as needed. It's like emptying a water pitcher then watching it fill. Once it's near full, empty (push down) again. It's amazing how calming it is for 'some' children. It gets them to focus on their core rather than energy clear out to fingers and toes and is energy releasing without disrupting others. Anyhoo, don't know if it will help, but certainly won't hurt.

New assistant didn't show...called in and said she was worried about her mom in California, so didn't sleep well, so can't come in. I doubt I'll see her again. Had to disenroll the feral child. He tried to choke a boy at recess, the teacher got him off of him. When I tried to calm him down, he spit all over my face, kicked me in the shin, and then threw a punch and hit me in the eye. Referred him to a special needs preschool. Sister stays, she seems fairly normal.

Today we drilled more holes in the tops of the ironbark posts with our electric drill and wired the galvanised pipe roof frame on the top of the garden enclosure with saved tie wire from our garden enclosure demolition. So far the whole structure has cost us $2.66 in pipe clamps we bought secondhand and the rest we salvaged from the grapevine enclosure.

I then turned charcoal from our fireplace into another above ground garden bed to keep in the moisture when we water and put on a loaf of bread in the bread making machine. Went up into the roof cavity and finally found my pair of glasses that fell off up there.

Tonight's dinner is fried chicken drumsticks and steamed peas corn and capsicum and dessert was tinned two fruits.

Last edited:
New assistant didn't show...called in and said she was worried about her mom in California, so didn't sleep well, so can't come in. I doubt I'll see her again. Had to disenroll the feral child. He tried to choke a boy at recess, the teacher got him off of him. When I tried to calm him down, he spit all over my face, kicked me in the shin, and then threw a punch and hit me in the eye. Referred him to a special needs preschool. Sister stays, she seems fairly normal.

If your new assistant knew Feral was gone she might reconsider? Was rude of her not to call you first.

Went to the city today and ordered a new 500 gallon propane tank. $1858 with delivery and set-up. Delivery within a month.
Many many stops today, sorry Dr. Prepper we had no time to stop and say hi.
Bought out the Dollar Tree store (or just about:)) and Home Depot, then Walmart along with a few other stops. Glad to be home again. Did see some antelope on the drive.
Hi, Hiwall! Sorry I missed seeing you and Mrs. Hiwall! I hope you didn't buy everything and you left a bit for the rest of us! :)

Breakfast
dishes
cut some herbs
have the herbs in the dehydrator drying
washing the whites
putting away the folded laundry
cleaning some floors
dusting
removed our names from the magazines and catalog we have so we can drop them off to recycle them ( shouldn't let the stack get so big lol)
bought a tshirt online for a retired K9 dog to off set her vet bills and such for her handler's/partner's family ( once retired the bills are the family's responsibility)
catching up on some reading
then later I'll go down the lane to get the mail, make supper, load the dishwasher, get hubby's lunch ready, and the coffee pot and then finally bed

Latest posts

Back