What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My town is kicking off its summer celebration with a car show this evening. An original '57 Chevy...

KIMG0428.JPG

And a Ferrari 488 Spider...
KIMG0429.JPG

There's almost 300 cars here, and I love 'em all...

My town is kicking off its summer celebration with a car show this evening. An original '57 Chevy...

View attachment 11293

And a Ferrari 488 Spider...View attachment 11294

There's almost 300 cars here, and I love 'em all...
My uncle had a 57 Chevy. He and his then fiance were hit by a drunk driver one night, totaling the car. They were lucky they came out unscathed.

It amazes me at my mom's ALC that the staff come in on Thanksgiving, Mother's day, C'hristmas, etc...and prepare an extra special noon time meal. Their food is really good, so many times they are joined by other family members who come to eat with them (for only $6 extra).
For families coming for a $6 meal, it is a great deal. Anyone who has cooked holiday meals know how much work it is. $6 and no dishes! It may not be the family recipes, but sometimes you just have to get over it.

For us, with my daughter's celiac, it is better to cook at home because of all the potential possibilities of her getting gluten poisoned. We have tried to find places that do a gluten free meal. We have not had any luck with that yet.

Nice cars. I spotted a couple Mustangs and at least one sweet old Vette. Maybe the headlights of another on the other side of that picture. In that first pic, what was the old gray pick up? Looks like maybe a 40 something Ford.
That's correct, a 40s vintage heavy duty Ford.

There was a 1970 K5 Blazer with the removable top. To me, that's the ultimate SHTF vehicle. Those things cost so much money nowadays, I couldn't afford to buy the steering wheel...

Nice K5's are very hard to find. I'd like to find a 60's early 70's Bronco. They are almost impossible to find. I do see an occasional IH Scout driving around.
Those Broncos are everywhere along the California coast. I saw at least 3 in San Luis Obispo when I was working out there last year and saw another one a few miles away at Pismo Beach.

Bet it'd take 100K to get one from out there. But how in the world do they meet the emission limits?
On Autotrader they are going for $35k to $250k depending on Condition. (Modified examples being cheaper, even if they are fancy) I've no idea about the emissions - maybe they are grandfathered in?

That should help to control the arrhythmia in her heart and keep the heart pumping at a regular rate @Terri9630. Her heart rate and pulse rate should have regulated with the medications by now if it was going to work so more intervention is needed to help her.

Her blood pressure is doing better with the meds, not dropping as often but her heart rate is nuts.

@Terri9630 that is what they have to regulate is her heart rate. Her heart working that hard is not good and puts pressure on it so they need to work out where the signals are going wrong in there. They can do the procedure via like a catheter through the groin or open heart surgery and usually they go for the less invasive procedure being through the groin.

See this link @Terri9630 as it explains the procedure well - https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cardiac-ablation/about/pac-20384993 .

@Terri9630 it is a relatively simple procedure and nothing to worry about and the risks are minimal is all you need to know and that it will most likely help your daughter. Thought I would give you a link that explained it better than I can.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

What did we do today well near on nothing as DH's arms were hurting from yesterday putting up the wire on the top of the garden enclosure.

We did fold up 3 loads of clean laundry and put it away and also went to 1 garage sale and a new co-op of handcrafted and secondhand items in town. I may put some of my handmade items in there to sell. The owner of the shop either takes 10 % commission on items you sell or you can have a stall there for $50 a week and I would choose the former. Apparently when other co-op members sell items each person in the co-op shares in a 10 % commission too from their sales.

Getting grandson off to camp this morning for a week. He's going to Boy Scout camp in Colorado, snow hiking. Going out to breakfast, then to Sams. Then sitting down and going over the full price offer we got in for the school late yesterday. But there's a lot of closing gimmees and stuff in it. Funny, I gave the wanna be buyer the tour myself, with his agent and our agent sitting around. Then I suspect his sent his wife over for a tour yesterday, telling me she had a grandson and was interested in enrollment. Not for sure, but I think she just wanted to see what the inside looked like. At a glance, it looks like they want all of the furniture, and some of our décor. Makes my job easier, I guess, not clearing that part of it out. They want more space for their work with developmentally disabled adults. So, hopefully this goes through, and he wants a 45 day close, which is half of the usual business 90 day.

Getting grandson off to camp this morning for a week. He's going to Boy Scout camp in Colorado, snow hiking. Going out to breakfast, then to Sams. Then sitting down and going over the full price offer we got in for the school late yesterday. But there's a lot of closing gimmees and stuff in it. Funny, I gave the wanna be buyer the tour myself, with his agent and our agent sitting around. Then I suspect his sent his wife over for a tour yesterday, telling me she had a grandson and was interested in enrollment. Not for sure, but I think she just wanted to see what the inside looked like. At a glance, it looks like they want all of the furniture, and some of our décor. Makes my job easier, I guess, not clearing that part of it out. They want more space for their work with developmentally disabled adults. So, hopefully this goes through, and he wants a 45 day close, which is half of the usual business 90 day.
Sounds like an answered prayer to me

I read that after the Doc said it. Stopped when I got to the risks. I'd like to sleep sometime this year.

Terri,
I had an ablation about 12 years ago. I was terrified going into it (as a nurse all I could think about were the worst case scenarios), but the procedure went very well, and they ablated 10 places in my heart. I was only in the hospital about 48 hours, and the change in my cardiac health was amazing! I was also able to be off of all of the cardiac medications, and now just take metoprolol for my blood pressure. I am sure it is terrifying for you as a mom, but the procedure could potentially give your daughter her life back.

Terri,
I had an ablation about 12 years ago. I was terrified going into it (as a nurse all I could think about were the worst case scenarios), but the procedure went very well, and they ablated 10 places in my heart. I was only in the hospital about 48 hours, and the change in my cardiac health was amazing! I was also able to be off of all of the cardiac medications, and now just take metoprolol for my blood pressure. I am sure it is terrifying for you as a mom, but the procedure could potentially give your daughter her life back.

I hope so. We almost lost her before and after birth and this has me on pins and needles. The low blood pressure is easier to deal with than the high heart rate.

Heat index was 114 here today...I was flagging traffic at Railroad crossings all afternoon. I haven't been that miserable in ages. I drank so much water that my gut started rejecting it, and it still wasn't enough. Dehydrated to the point of having a pretty good headache this evening, plus I picked up a sunburn even though my arms are already quite tan...

Heat index was 114 here today...I was flagging traffic at Railroad crossings all afternoon. I haven't been that miserable in ages. I drank so much water that my gut started rejecting it, and it still wasn't enough. Dehydrated to the point of having a pretty good headache this evening, plus I picked up a sunburn even though my arms are already quite tan...

Yes, dehydration gets to be a problem whenever the heat index spikes like that. I drink probably 2 gallons a day and that doesn't even seem to be enough. High heat index, ultra-high humidity, just sucks all the energy out of you.

https://www.weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?pands=mobile,alabama

Latest Conditions - Metric Units
sunny.png
82°F 28°C
Feels Like 87°F 31°C Humidity 74% Wind SE 7 MPH
Dew Point 73°F Visibility 10 mi.
Barometer 30.06 in. 763.5 mm - Falling Slowly
Report from 5.5 miles SSW of central Mobile at 5:53 PM Sat, Jun 29, 2019
Mobile, Alabama, Weather Forecasts - Metric Units

Sun
Jun 30
pcloudyt.png

90°F
Mon
Jul 1
pcloudyt.png

92°F
Tue
Jul 2
pcloudyt.png

93°F
Wed
Jul 3
pcloudyt.png

94°F
Thu
Jul 4
pcloudyt.png

95°F
Fri
Jul 5
pcloudyt.png

95°F
Sat
Jul 6
pcloudyt.png

93°F

Forecast Details

Maybe you needed something other than just water. A sports drink probably

Latest posts

Back