What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of eggs, Jim. I love eggs, but I think I'd get pretty sick of them, pretty quick, if I ate that much...

Your right Spike, I change up how I have them, boiled, scrambled, or fried ,some bacon or ham or sausage on the side.

You gotta look at it as taking medicine.
It's gonna help me come back quicker from muscle being cut.

I'm building the protein in my body and will continue this till Christmas.
I really need 100 g of protein a day.
6 eggs is approx 36 g.
1 bottle of muscle milk is 40 g , glass of milk about 9 g, baked chicken breast about 30 g. A steak 6 oz, about 35 g.
It's not hard, except the muscle milk. Yuck
I have protein bars that are 30 g , not bad.

Glad I like eggs, chicken steak.

Jim

Well, I’ve had 9hrs sleep and feel better, could have slept all day but needed to get up and get clothes in the wash… I can’t call dad and ask where his stuff is at. He doesn’t have his hearing aids and can't hear on the phone and I don’t know where they are.

Mom is feeling better this morning. She was fussing at me about the pants “I let him wear” on the first ER visit. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that’s the same ones I put on him for the second trip as well (jeez, he’s a grown man and wears what he wants). And how did she know which pants he had on? We never saw her on the first trip, she was sleeping. o_O

Anyway, time to get busy. :)

@Peanut , I sure can understand what your up against, it's tough , but they're mom and dad.

Hope things settle down soon for you .

Today we gotta go pick up a few things .

Load the wood box.

Jim

Peanut and Jim hope things turn around for you guys, aand Jim glad your taking care of yourself for surgery.
To both of you guys,:huggs:

Vision about the same but dealing with stomach now and having eye surgery after holidays.
I've been very lucky for almost 7 decades guess age finally hit me, but I see improvement so been busy and dealing with family circus on both sides . I don't get how now spoiled brats kinda rule over some adults,no paitience for new age.
I'd been done set some little dictaters right.Not good phone call this am,:D.

@phideaux I did well over 100 grams of protein yesterday but I don't aim to get so much every day. Yesterday I had:
2 bowls of Special K with milk 25g
3 jumbo eggs 25g
2 breakfast sausages patties 12g
2 slices 100% whole wheat toast w/peanut butter 12g
12oz milk 12g
Cheddar cheese and almonds about 12-15 g

Then add whatever I had for supper to all that.
I can't eat that much every day though. By noon today, I've only had a big glass of milk and a muffin and some granola. Not sure what I'll have for lunch...

This is why I never liked live traps for skunks. So, you caught him? Great!

Now what?...

I prefer to try to find them out in the open and resolve the problem with high speed lead poisoning from a suitable distance...
Skunks are very docile. This one was very typical. I carried him about 150 yards out behind the house. Then I opened one trap door but he was more interested in a nap. So I opened the door he was leaning against. When he saw the bright sun now shining on him he ever so slowly moved and looked out then slowly left the trap. Usually I always make head shots on most critters but I had heard a rumor that if you used a heart shot on a skunk they would not spray. I tried that and it was true...at least for this one.

Skunks are very docile. This one was very typical. I carried him about 150 yards out behind the house. Then I opened one trap door but he was more interested in a nap. So I opened the door he was leaning against. When he saw the bright sun now shining on him he ever so slowly moved and looked out then slowly left the trap. Usually I always make head shots on most critters but I had heard a rumor that if you used a heart shot on a skunk they would not spray. I tried that and it was true...at least for this one.

I read once that the best pet a person could ever want is a skunk with it's stink sack removed. The described them as smart, loving, non-destructive, etc.

I read once that the best pet a person could ever want is a skunk with it's stink sack removed. The described them as smart, loving, non-destructive, etc.
A lady from my church had one. It had papers (can you believe there is a skunk registry association?) and was house trained to use a cat litter box. It would snuggle and play just like a cat. They had to get rid of it because it was tearing up their basement, trying to dig.

No thanks. As far as I'm concerned, anything that smells as bad as a skunk, doesn't need to be alive anywhere near me...

@Spikedriver , minimum daily protein would be about .4 g per lb of body weight.
Im240 lb x .4 g= 96 g intake daily min.

So I'm actually shooting for 120-240 g daily.
We just got home from meat store with a bunch of protein.

Great store , fresh meat.
IMG_20191114_140053708-1664x848.jpg IMG_20191114_140043182-1815x1116.jpg IMG_20191114_140036198-1774x1222.jpg IMG_20191114_140155936-1901x1002.jpg IMG_20191114_140010155-1664x1248.jpg IMG_20191114_140155936-1901x1002.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
That's some good looking stuff.

"Hey everybody! Cookout at Jim's place!"

;)

@Spikedriver , you just hang on till I get these knees back to good,

We may have a git together next year...it will be ,your bring guns and some ammo.

A couple bucks to help feed the group.

...I gotta get healthy.
Ask Heartig and Supervisor ...it fun.

Jim

Got off the conference call with California CPS people. They said that they can't do state to state guardianship. They asked if we wanted to move there for a year.
HaHaHaHa. No.
Said their plan B is to adopt her out. Said it will take 6 months, so we can still have her Thanksgiving and Christmas upcoming. Said to not tell her she can't live with us when she comes, just say I don't know. And said to tell her that I'll always be her Grandma.
These are bad human beings.
I wrote another email to her lawyer and asked her to please do something.

That is just messed up @Amish Heart I'm so sorry...

Mom continues to improve, rehab going fine. Dad was improved this afternoon. They are finally getting his kidney infection under control... less pain.

I figured out a simple trick at lunch and showed the nurses. Everyone would just press the button to raise the head of dad's bed up. They could only get 3 or 4 inches before the pain got the best of him... I tried something different. I pressed and released the button over and over again raising the bed a couple of centimeters at a time. I got the bed 4 inches higher than anyone had before... so simple.

I also bought him styrofoam bowls so he could rake food from his plate and eat from the bowl... he was leaning so far back he'd get frustrated chasing food on his plate/dropping it... and stop eating... Now he can finish a whole meal.

I came home early, still light out, it'd been 4 days since all the critters were fed and watered correctly or correct amounts... I was having to do it piece meal in the dark. They got food and water just not the way they were used to. All the critters are happy tonight.

I'm about to fix myself a good supper now... been eating fast food for days now.

That is just messed up @Amish Heart I'm so sorry...

Mom continues to improve, rehab going fine. Dad was improved this afternoon. They are finally getting his kidney infection under control... less pain.

I figured out a simple trick at lunch and showed the nurses. Everyone would just press the button to raise the head of dad's bed up. They could only get 3 or 4 inches before the pain got the best of him... I tried something different. I pressed and released the button over and over again raising the bed a couple of centimeters at a time. I got the bed 4 inches higher than anyone had before... so simple.

I also bought him styrofoam bowls so he could rake food from his plate and eat from the bowl... he was leaning so far back he'd get frustrated chasing food on his plate/dropping it... and stop eating... Now he can finish a whole meal.

I came home early, still light out, it'd been 4 days since all the critters were fed and watered correctly or correct amounts... I was having to do it piece meal in the dark. They got food and water just not the way they were used to. All the critters are happy tonight.

I'm about to fix myself a good supper now... been eating fast food for days now.

Good news Peanut!

I do have special waivers for everyone to sign in case somebody gets hurt. Never had anyone hurt .

No my problem man.

A few bucks to cater fried chicken and fish on Saturday , so we don't have to leave the shooting.

Jim
This really sounds like fun, Jim. If scheduling allows, I'm in!

Lots of planning and gotta get my knees well.

Probably with the help of some , we could start planning it for October , 1st weekend...best chance for good weather.

Jim
Get your knees right first. Everything else is secondary.

It definitely would be fun to actually meet some people that I've considered "forum friends" since 2013...

Lots of planning and gotta get my knees well.

Probably with the help of some , we could start planning it for October , 1st weekend...best chance for good weather.

Jim
Wahoo! Fun times! I was in a single action club for a while where we had made up "handles". I was Anita Aimbetter. :) (say it quickly)

@Peanut You've been put through the mill. Do you feel like Daffy Duck going through the ringer to come out a bit frazzled w/ your beak on crooked? Take care of you and get some rest. Glad the folks are improving.
upload_2019-11-14_16-8-18.jpeg

Got off the conference call with California CPS people. They said that they can't do state to state guardianship. They asked if we wanted to move there for a year.
HaHaHaHa. No.
Said their plan B is to adopt her out. Said it will take 6 months, so we can still have her Thanksgiving and Christmas upcoming. Said to not tell her she can't live with us when she comes, just say I don't know. And said to tell her that I'll always be her Grandma.
These are bad human beings.
I wrote another email to her lawyer and asked her to please do something.
That's just messed up. Hopefully the lawyer can work something out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back