What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grandson brought his girlfriend over yesterday.
She's a sweet heart. He was all over the Vette..

So I let him take it and her for a ride. He's the only one I'd let .
Took it up town where he lives, showed all his buddies.
Even drag raced a buddy in his pu truck...laughed..said he blew him away.

Made my day. I practically raised him, he'll be 19 in Aug.
View attachment 43093

Today we are going to Sirloin Stockade for a late lunch.
Probably will wash the Vette..ITS BLACK.

Mixed Epsom salt and water , sprayed my tomatoes. Watered them with it also. They need tying up again.
View attachment 43095View attachment 43096
I feel BLTs in my future
View attachment 43097

Jim
Why is there a reflection in the door panel??? 😂 😂 😂

Haven't done much today.
Listening to thunderstorms most of the night.
Got my new printer semi set up.
Oldest son will have to hook it up to WiFi.
Got my FedEx label printed, pick up is tomorrow.
Oldest son will set up WiFi printing on Thursday when he picks up washer and dryer.
Cousin is about to crap her drawers over him taking his washer and dryer.
She can just bite me. Among other things.
Her trying to push my buttons will not end well for her anytime soon in the near future.
I have made an ADULT decision last night.
I have decided to be semi anti social( I already am anti social), but some book smart people are just too dumb to realize it.
Am cutting out negative people out of my life.
Been walking a bit today, but my new knee hurts, not aches but hurts.
Grand daughter will be over sometime Thursday, I suppose.
She and Granny will have to cook noodles with bits of mushrooms,roast beef in them.
She doesn't like peas but neither does her dad or her Uncle.
Sipping coffee, reading forums.

Haven't done much today.
Oldest son will set up WiFi printing on Thursday when he picks up washer and dryer.
Her trying to push my buttons will not end well for her anytime soon in the near future.
I have decided to be semi anti social( I already am anti social), but some book smart people are just too dumb to realize it.
She and Granny will have to cook noodles with bits of mushrooms,roast beef in them.
Mo, believe it or not, I am not a very social person. Mostly I get tired of stupidity and ridiculousness. Hubby is far more social than I am which isn't saying much. I am content being home by myself for long periods of time but don't get to do that often anymore. We have a philosophy (sorta) - if a two year old gets a swat for being sassy, they might learn. If a 6 year old gets socked in the mouth for being a bully - might learn. If a teen-ager gets thumped on big time for being a smart a** - might learn. If any adult has been through any of the previous scenarios and is still dumb enough to be a jerk, they can just be flogged - doesn't matter if they learn or not. Our guess is even most of the hard-headed ones would learn by 6 how to be nice and mind one's P's and Q's.

Hubby found between 3-4 lbs. of morels this weekend so he's thrilled. I got to play in the garden a bit and do some stitching and not go anywhere yesterday which was very much needed. Sunday, we were going to go up to a campground for the day so hubby could fish and I could stitch and watch him. We knew better than to try to take a trailer. 2 of the 4 campgrounds were open. Those two were totally inundated with very large groups of folks who chose not to speak English. (I don't consider myself prejudice, but this was crazy!) Sooo many people in such a small area. Guards from F&W were armed to the hilt. So we decided to go to a place called Palouse Falls which is even more remote and not all too scenic but I'd never been there. On a dirt road, there was a 45min+ wait time! We ended up turning around and finding a little spot on the Snake River, sat in the sun and drank a beer with our feet in the water. It was good to get out, but restrictions made it ridiculous. A great example of what happens when counties sell out to the state. I know of one county in Oregon that has not done so and that sheriff has received flack because it would mean $$$ for the county. I've not looked, but would be curious if they can have camping, open stores, etc. in that county.

If any adult has been through any of the previous scenarios and is still dumb enough to be a jerk, they can just be flogged - doesn't matter if they learn or not.
Yeah.
Our guess is even most of the hard-headed ones would learn by 6 how to be nice and mind one's P's and Q's.
My impression is that the hard-headed ones who are also jerks-by-the-age-of-6 learn to act nice and behave well enough to get by. They will be jerks indefinitely. The more intelligent they are, the more manipulative their jerkiness, and the more selective their choice of victims.

Haven't done much today.

LOL ' bite me ' . except for the knee of course hope that stops hurting. Take care MoBook.

LOL ' bite me ' . except for the knee of course hope that stops hurting. Take care MoBook.
Uh-oh. Maybe you ought to keep quiet about that, Mo. We got a cop on here, y'know. You go banging on her head with a cast iron frying pan, you gotta "temper the blows" y'know.

clap.gif

Bravo!

Jim I'll bet you wuz grinnin ear to ear watch the grandson drive off in the Vette. That is awesome.

Haven't done a huge amount all weekend, Went to the Natl Cemetary yesterday then took a nice road trip looking around at a bunch of land we had never saw before. Rolling land not for from a good river. Plenty of farm land. and not a lot of houses, zero business. Wouldn't be a bad place to retire to. Today got up and tilled all the garden crops. Planted a row of great northern beans, fertilized and hoe'd my taters. Then we rode to Cades Cove for the afternoon. Nice day up there, cloudy, mid 70's, not a ton of traffic like it normally is. We saw a couple deer, 16 turkey's, 10 black bears, an a Barred Owl. Haven't saw an owl in years.
Been a nice relaxing weekend, back to work in the morning.

So we have a 17 year old who lives behind us. He stopped over today and asked if we would still be using him to mow our lawn when we were not around in the summer. He has been doing this for us since he was about 11 years old. We told him we would and advised we would text him a week or so in advance. I noticed he had a nice new pickup with a trailer full of nice new lawn maintenance gear on it. He told me he now has 85 lawns he mows & trims each week and then does landscaping jobs as well (plus snow removal in the winter). Said he is making about $35k a year after expenses and payroll. He also said he can't wait until he graduates from HS next year so he can do it full time. I was pretty impressed with this kid.

Jim I'll bet you wuz grinnin ear to ear watch the grandson drive off in the Vette. That is awesome.

Haven't done a huge amount all weekend, Went to the Natl Cemetary yesterday then took a nice road trip looking around at a bunch of land we had never saw before. Rolling land not for from a good river. Plenty of farm land. and not a lot of houses, zero business. Wouldn't be a bad place to retire to. Today got up and tilled all the garden crops. Planted a row of great northern beans, fertilized and hoe'd my taters. Then we rode to Cades Cove for the afternoon. Nice day up there, cloudy, mid 70's, not a ton of traffic like it normally is. We saw a couple deer, 16 turkey's, 10 black bears, an a Barred Owl. Haven't saw an owl in years.
Been a nice relaxing weekend, back to work in the morning.

Sounds great BacP hope we can get one of those kind of days soon. :thumbs:

I'm with you Spike about being jealous about Sirloin Stockade. The one in Hutchinson closed down forever last year. It was a good place to go, and everyone could order what they want and go back for seconds, too.
Yeah, the one in Salina where I lived at was the Friday-after-work gathering spot for a few of the guys I worked with. We didn't party much, so we ate instead! I still remember that batter dipped catfish. Unfortunately, that place closed down years ago and they built a bunch of newer chain restaurants there...

Yeah, the one in Salina where I lived at was the Friday-after-work gathering spot for a few of the guys I worked with. We didn't party much, so we ate instead! I still remember that batter dipped catfish. Unfortunately, that place closed down years ago and they built a bunch of newer chain restaurants there...

In Atlanta area we had 3 catfish restaurants that had the best hushpuppies, Catfish King , Horseshoe and Rio Vista. We'd go to the Drive In Theatre and I'd order a dozen hushpuppies and to take along.

Mmmmm, hushpuppies...haven't had those in years.

Me either its been a couple years at least. When kids and grands were here I'd fix 100 hushpuppies along with fish,cole slaw and grits and fies. The kid would keep grabbing the Hps and I'd have to tell them to stop till time to eat. I like them full of onions ans so did everyoen else.

Me either its been a couple years at least. When kids and grands were here I'd fix 100 hushpuppies along with fish,cole slaw and grits and fies. The kid would keep grabbing the Hps and I'd have to tell them to stop till time to eat. I like them full of onions ans so did everyoen else.
I can do without so much onion, but they're still good. I always thought Long John Silver's hushpuppies were good until I actually had real ones. OMG what a difference...

I can do without so much onion, but they're still good. I always thought Long John Silver's hushpuppies were good until I actually had real ones. OMG what a difference...
Long John Silvers sounds familiar; no hushpuppies though.
Give 'em a try when you get the chance, Bob. You won't regret it, especially if you're at a place that serves good southern style fish.
I surely will - if I get the chance. The chance ain't a likely one though. Hah; I usually ate one supper a week at a fish camp near Sanford, North Carolina, when I was working there. They must have had hushpuppies on the menu. Oh well.

@The Lazy L That’s quite a job. So all finished up now right? You can flip a switch for light and push a button for door?
@Patchouli you can come visit us 😊. Our governor is a loon, but some nice folks this side of the Cascades.
I’ve never had a hush puppy and didn’t even know what they were until a few weeks ago when Hashbrown showed a pix in the dinner thread.

Uh-oh. Maybe you ought to keep quiet about that, Mo. We got a cop on here, y'know. You go banging on her head with a cast iron frying pan, you gotta "temper the blows" y'know.
I'm a retired Military Police Officer.
But I have called the local Police Department to have her physically removed from my home before.
And I will do it again if need be.

Latest posts

Back