What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was a putter around in my shop day.
I finally got around to putting the T-track and measuring tapes on my miter/radial arm saw bench. It wasn't difficult but there was always something else to do and I just never got to it. It came out good and the measuring tapes are right on the money. I bought a tape that reads from left to right on one end and right to left on the other end and that worked out perfectly because my 2 saws are in the middle of the bench so I can measure both ways. I think I will add T-track to my workbench so I can use it to clamps stuff down.

My wife has a video doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm not sure how a gastro doc can figure out her problem on video.
We have to drive to his office, 45 miles one way, call them and they will bring out a tablet already connected to video chat and talk to him. I told her to be thankful it's not with her OB/GYN. That could be an interesting video chat in the parking lot. ;) She wasn't ammused.

Not really dieting.
Just watch what I eat, very little fast food, hardly any fried foods, very little bread or carbs.
Pretty much cut out all processed foods several years ago.
When I started really reading labels and had to have a dictionary to look up the ingredients lists.
Decided I didn't need those ingredients in my diet, body.
That's how we found out about my Strawberry allergy.
Pretty much cut out soda of any kind.
Walking, exercise, sweating to the oldies dance routine, Zuma etc.

MoBook thats is good,and I wasn't talking about calaries I was talking about toxic foods. I see your already on the ball with that too,:great:

I got some projects done I wanted to do and some cleaning. (my favorite🤣)

I set up my initial gravity feed rabbit nipple watering system so I will see how that goes. It's a pain having to wash and feed the bowls almost daily and one is suicidal I swear. On the hottest days we have had he will toss it around or leave it full and poop in it. This should be an improvement to the fur balls to since it will be cleaner and maybe cooler of I insulate the pvc.
Still a prototype with room for improvement as I go.
Other than that nice day to not be at work and outdoors.

Today was taxes day. Ugh. I hate K-1's and limited partnerships. My mom has some of those in her portfolio, and I hate dealing with them at tax time. You see that dreaded line 20Z with a whole bunch of 20AH1, AH2, AH3, etc. lines - compounded with a partnership that owns other partnerships and has carryover losses from previous years - yikes! Who wrote our stupid tax code???!!!

Not really dieting.
Just watch what I eat, very little fast food, hardly any fried foods, very little bread or carbs.
Pretty much cut out all processed foods several years ago.
When I started really reading labels and had to have a dictionary to look up the ingredients lists.
Decided I didn't need those ingredients in my diet, body.
That's how we found out about my Strawberry allergy.
Pretty much cut out soda of any kind.
Walking, exercise, sweating to the oldies dance routine, Zuma etc.
Hope you get better and they find the root of the infection.
I went to my doctor for normal blood work and said I need to watch my blood sugar. He recommended low carb and eat more healthy fat or try keto. I don't go THAT strict but I'm shocked how much sugar or carbs are in food. I never was big into soda or energy drinks so it wasn't that.

Anyways I started a gym membership do time restricted eating most days in the week at try to stay low carbs for most days in the week with lots of healthy fats (nuts, avocados, olive oil, grass feed beef ect) and I actually lost 25 pounds. Funny growing up they said more veggies, low calories, low fats, and lots of whole grains.

I do cheat here and their because other wise I will fail miserably. Watermelon is my weakness.......

I went to my doctor for normal blood work and said I need to watch my blood sugar. He recommended low carb and eat more healthy fat or try keto. I don't go THAT strict but I'm shocked how much sugar or carbs are in food. I never was big into soda or energy drinks so it wasn't that.

Anyways I started a gym membership do time restricted eating most days in the week at try to stay low carbs for most days in the week with lots of healthy fats (nuts, avocados, olive oil, grass feed beef ect) and I actually lost 25 pounds. Funny growing up they said more veggies, low calories, low fats, and lots of whole grains.

I do cheat here and their because other wise I will fail miserably. Watermelon is my weakness.......
I've been a type 1 diabetic for over 30 years so I've become a food label expert. Damn near everything has way more carbs in it than you think it does. It really is amazing at what you learn when you really look at the label. People just think they know what the nutrition value is in their food, but most have no clue...

I've been a type 1 diabetic for over 30 years so I've become a food label expert. Damn near everything has way more carbs in it than you think it does. It really is amazing at what you learn when you really look at the label. People just think they know what the nutrition value is in their food, but most have no clue...
Dang right! I was stupid though once I moved out I started to buy more junk food and cook less. Still though luckily I'm not full blown type 2 and I don't plan to be either. Good for you for watching it also. Some take the short term easy way out and just take more insulin instead of trying to minimize that as much as possible (for type 1) or totally get off it (type 2).

I rested up yesterday and today. I called the VA last Thursday. I needed to make that call last Nov... but, most of you know, both my folks ended up in the hospital that month. Been seeing after them ever since.

Anywho, The cataracts in my left eye grew a lot faster than they said they would. I've needed another surgery since the new year.

I finally got around to calling for an appointment, I expected I might get one in September... but no! They had one for this tuesday. I have to take dad to doctors appts tomorrow. I'll drive the 100 miles to university/VA eye clinic tuesday morning. My appointment is just after lunch. If I'm not exhausted afterwards I'll try to drive home. If too tired I'll get a hotel room and drive home Wednesday.

If the Clinic is running low of patients because of covid... who knows? I might get my surgery by Labor day.

Getting ready to pack the last of it up and leave.....In the pickup truck will be two old grandparents, 3 grandchildren, one parrot, two old dogs in the back, and we'll be towing a trailer. Eleven hours.

ROAD TRIP! Sounds like an American vacation. Hope it goes better than it sounds like

Getting ready to pack the last of it up and leave.....In the pickup truck will be two old grandparents, 3 grandchildren, one parrot, two old dogs in the back, and we'll be towing a trailer. Eleven hours.
Snacks, books and puzzle books. Radios with earbuds

Good Luck and watch out for the other guy

@Amish Heart , praying for a great and safe trip.

Snapping green beans, after the rain on Saturday hight , they are producing good.

I like hearing about people eating right, it inspires me.
I have lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks, feel less blown up and uncomfortable.

Got this this morning..I hear BLTs coming..
IMG_20200713_105305330.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
MoBook thats is good,and I wasn't talking about calaries I was talking about toxic foods. I see your already on the ball with that too,:great:
I eat alot of fresh fruits, veggies, meat.
Calorie wise about 1200-1600 calories daily.
Example of daily meal:
Breakfast:
1 bagel toasted without butter, but topped with slice of cheddar cheese, handful of grapes, 1 plum,coffee.
Lunch: Chicken Alfredo Soup;
1 cup of cooked chicken
1 cup of fresh broccoli,
1 small potato diced evenly
1 fresh green bell pepper
1 cup of leftover buttered noodles
Make 1-2 cup of cheddar cheese sauce(usually whatever I have on hand.)
Mix together.
Add milk to thin cheese sauce as needed.
Dinner will be the same.
Snacks: fresh fruit: plums, grapes
That's just today's menu.
Leftovers will go into freezer for later meals.

I went to walmart this morning. Spent a good bit *sigh*
Hubby plans to stop at a local gun shop and have them put 4 weapons up on their auction site
I bought an oximeter at walmart this morning. Tested myself and my O2 level was 99 and pulse was 87. I think its a good thing to have on hand and when the lockdown panic happened you couldn't find one anywhere. I already had a BP machine
Plan on just doing dishes, cutting up some watermelon and hanging out and reading some more of TOM's stories. I never got to read him at the squirrel house lol
One day this week I have to get to the restaurant supply store

Good luck and stay safe!

@Amish Heart , praying for a great and safe trip.

Snapping green beans, after the rain on Saturday hight , they are producing good.

I like hearing about people eating right, it inspires me.
I have lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks, feel less blown up and uncomfortable.

Got this this morning..I hear BLTs coming..
View attachment 46392

Jim

Is the close pin for holding the lettuce to the steel target while you eat your salted tomato sammich at the range? :p

I always think it's funny that we grain animals to fatten them up quickly, but humans are supposed to eat grain to loose weight - Ha! (Grain is gov. subsidized big time.)

Packing up for another stint in Wisconsin. I'm ready to be done with this project but we have another month and a half to go. It's getting harder to pack up and leave home every time I go...
Spike, I think that's kinda a good thing - you know where home is :)

@Amish Heart Drive safely dear friend.

We made it! The heat was bad in some places...108 was the highest. Had to wet down do angsd give them ice water. They did fine, and are now in their kennels sleeping. The trip took 11 1/2 hours. My cousins have been here today and mowed all the grass areas, weed whacked, and cleaned up the porches. They put welcome home signs up. Very sweet. We are wiped out and ready for bed. Except the parrot. He's watching Youtube birds with his dad and doesn't want to go to bed.

.A road trip... thats what I need! Tomorrow I'll go about 100 miles from home, furthest I've been since nov of '18... the same place I'm going tomorrow. I need a good road trip... 1000 miles at least, do something I haven't done or at least done in a long time. I've never been to Key West... but then I dislike the beach... hmmm... maybe catch the train to New Orleans, eat some good cajun food... I heard Parasol's is open again. Used to be the best roast beef sandwich in New Orleans, heard it is again... But then what would I do for dinner?

Anyway, I'll check in with you folks soon.

Latest posts

Back