What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helping put together a Solidarity Rally at our state capital on Jan, 20, 2020 in support of the Virginia rally.

I hated CA, the 2-3 trips I was there 40 years ago, and it was like it is now...it was just wierd fruity.

Done with antibiotics,
Haven't had anything for pain for 3 days.
Knee is little tight, tender but ooooohhhh so much better. (6 weeks)

Sure would like to hear from Mobook..

I might visit my church this morning,,
Gotta be careful, flu is rampid in my area.

Jim

I am avoiding the public places now .They say its epeidemic all over the nation now. Very early season good thing it is suppose to end early too.
We came out of grocery store yesterday splashing alcohol all over our hands,arms and put it up our nostrols, burns a little but been doing that for 40 years.

Prayers @Peanut.
To you too @Curmudgeon and @Eliza Hoping it is an unquestionable win for 2nd amd.
We went and helped move hubby's sister's things. She is in the hospital and won't be able to return to her apartment. She's had some major health issues.
@Sewingcreations15 and @Tank-Girl you folks stay safe over there.
I think @MoBookworm1957 was to get home today or maybe tomorrow morning from what she had said. Hopefully we'll hear from her tomorrow and we can ease up on worrying about her.

@Amish Heart what is the weather like up there at the farm in the winter, spring, summer and fall? LOL

@LadyLocust sorry your sis in law is going through that. It's a hard thing to help someone accept life-changing living conditions as they age.
@MoBookworm1957 we all hope you're recovering nicely and getting peace and quiet.

Australian friends, @Sewingcreations15 and @Tank-Girl prayers continuing for Australia and the Outback, the coast, all of it.

@Peanut we would all be so fortunate to have our children taking care of us as we age, as you do for your parents. God bless you and your family.

Weird things going down, things I guess none of us would have ever thought we'd see or hear of, or have to experience.

Winter is cold. This New Year it wasn't bad, low in 20's, high in 40's, last new year it was 6 below at the lowest. Spring and fall are beautiful. Summer can be hot and somewhat humid, compared to New Mexico humidity. Sometimes I think Yoder and Albuquerque have similar weather. You'll have to come and see for yourself, Patchouli! Road trip!!

Thank you all for your concern.
Prayers for everyone who are ill.
I got home yesterday mid afternoon.
My new knee hurts today.
Started my new exercises today.
Trying to get into new routine.
Ran off cousin and her husband today so I could get some rest.
Told everybody today, unless I know in advance that they were coming by.
I'm not answering the door.
Home health, and Home physical therapy will start on Monday.
Surgery went somewhat longer than normal.
So instead of 2.5 hour surgery, it was more like 4 hour surgery.
They cleaned out alot of scar tissue.
Getting ready for bed.
So I can get some rest.

Now it starts all over. Forty hours, five days a week, there isn't a holiday until the end of May. WORK: Definitely a four letter word. I hate every minute of it, but the only thing worse than working is not working. Have to stick it out probably for another year before I can safely retire.

County Highway plowing snow had finished off my mailbox post. County had widen my "go no where" road which placed our mailbox really close to the edge of the payment. I'm surprised the mailbox post lasted as long as it did.

Saturday hand augured a new hole. Cemented in a new post nice and level. Wash the ditch mud of the mailbox.

Today (Monday) run a level from the pavement to the post and mark. USPS wants the floor of the mailbox 41" to 45" from pavement. Measure the post up from the level mark. Use chain saw to cut the post to the required height. Slide the mailbox over the post to mark location of the lag bolts remove mailbox. Run 200 feet of extension cord to drill pilot holes for the lag bolts. Slide the mailbox over the post again and install the lag bolts. Done.

Wait and see if the USPS Carrier has any complaints.

Woke up, got ready for the day, scraped the windows on my Tahoe as it warmed up, went to work for all of 90 minutes before being called home for a child throwing up with a mild fever. Wife had a busy day scheduled while I did not. Plus out nanny is still at her family home until the 13th on holiday break from college. So now I am on Dad duty as part time nurse and house keeper.

Good morning everyone.

Not a thing has my attention today.

No plans, except to have lunch.

It's Monday, it's cold outside.

I'm feeling really good , very little notice to my newest knee.

May refill the wood box later , may not.

Tomorrow is final visit to surgeon for discharge, my 7 weeks of healing is done.

Started in July and is now over ....2 new knees, timed to be READY for Spring.

Thanks for all yall's support and prayers.

Jim

Back